PDA

View Full Version : Screwing up the rules already

4speed
12-17-2011, 08:36 AM
Listen, you guys are screwin up the rules already. You CANNOT have an exhaust pipe rule with a maximum pipe diameter of 1 1/2 inches when Walls Factory Stocks have the rule at 2 1/2 inches.
Beleive me when I tell you that if you change the rules to much that it does not allow a Wall factory Stock to compete NEETS will not succeed at Wall. So far, besides the exaust pipe rule the only other thing I see different is the carbs. Wall FS must run Holley 350, so all they would need to do is swap a carb and they can run. OR, who cars if they run the Holley 350. It will not be as good as the four barrels of 2jets that the NEETS cars are running. Be VERY CAUTIOUS. Right now with FS running you have a good car count. Reject the Factory Stocks, and the NEETS Enduros at Wall will be extremely boring with a small car count, and you will piss off all the FS guys, and they may not support you. With as many cars that ran the last race it was exciting to watch and it should drive people to build more cars. If you refuse the Factory Stocks, like I said you will piss allot of people off, and it may take a very long time to get 30 cars. I know you may have a great car count at Grandview, but most of the guys dont even come to the Wall races, and I wonder WHY?

4speed
12-18-2011, 06:43 AM
55 views, and no replies? Does anyone else have an opinion about this?

glassmanjtf
12-18-2011, 08:58 AM
I think we can all chime in if we ever get to see the actual rules and schedule ;)

RICK16RACIN
12-18-2011, 11:16 AM
Vern when we had the last enduro you are right they are exciting when we have alot of cars , that being said i talked to most of the factory stock guys who compete in the enduros and most said they had no problem changing carbs and putting on exhaust tips for our enduros cause the pay out is good!! and they all relize the more cars the more the payout , the tips are less then 20 bucks to install and as far as a carb most guys running started before the holley rule so they probally have a rodchester carb from the old wall rule. We think keeping it stock with the exhaust restriction and simple will build the class faster and benifit all enduros. :applause:

richardpetey
12-18-2011, 08:39 PM
Since the new NEETS rules won't be in effect for the Januuary 14th race will the Wall F/S's still have to conform to Walls rules like the previous races.....................................:confuse d:
UNCLE PETEY......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

RICK16RACIN
12-18-2011, 10:00 PM
Yes Petey the last years rules will be in affect for this race !

Philter39
12-18-2011, 10:13 PM
Looking for more replies ? Most Grandview drivers not coming to Wall has nothing to do with rules. It is the track surface and location. Most drivers prefer either dirt or asphalt a few like both.That is why. phil

glassmanjtf
12-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Wow you got the answer for everthing, are you a proffesor ?? lol

BIGDADDY64
12-19-2011, 06:07 PM
I believe he has a masters degree in enduro racing:lol::lol:

glassmanjtf
12-19-2011, 06:27 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

Philter39
12-19-2011, 09:39 PM
Hey he wanted some feedback.So I gave him my opinion. And why do you think we Grandview drivers do not race at Wall ? The rules ? New Jersey ? Dirt is WAY more fun ? phil

KennyWallace81
12-20-2011, 08:09 AM
If Joe really wanted to boost the attendance at the Wall races, he would have made ONE series instead of two (one dirt and one asphalt). If it were me, I'd try and throw a roadcourse race in too! The hardcore racers would find a way to make all the races and there would be one champion. It would also help the Wall races by having more cars and more cars would bring more excitement and hopefully even more cars and more fans. -- Merry Christmas

4speed
12-20-2011, 08:18 AM
I'm sorry, must have read it wrong somewhere. Did not realize could just bolt on exhaust tips to your existing system. Do these exhaust tips go for every car? Merry Christmas, and a safe, happy holiday season to ALL.

RICK16RACIN
12-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Yes if you are running dual exhaust you have to run the tips , if you are running a single exhaust with a stock y-pipe (NOT A HOME MADE OR AFTERMARKET) you do not have to put on a 1 1/2 tip. That is THE ONLY EXCEPTION to this rule !!!!! and they have to be there during post race inspection!!!

CJfilms
12-21-2011, 09:42 AM
Looks like Rick has got the exhaust questions under control, so let me answer the call for more, Kenny...

First off, I do like the idea of hosting a NEETS road course race, there is a possibility of having one in the future, but not this season... We went from having 8 races in 2010 to 11 races in 2011 and now up to 24 for 2012.... Adding more races and more tracks seems simple enough when we all talk about it, but Phil hit the nail on the head. Drivers are only going to go where they prefer to race.

Wall Speedway presents the series with the opportunity to attract a lot of the drivers lost when we left Mountain Speedway, mainly the Long Island drivers. Lots of positive feedback is coming from those drivers now that we are back at an asphalt track, however they still have no interest in dirt racing.

With that being said, if we made one big series (Dirt and Asphalt together) it would be way too many races for people to be forced to race in one season...the enduros are meant to be a once-in-a-while event, not a weekly event. I'd say 2/5 of the drivers would be loyal to dirt and 2/5 of the drivers to asphalt...only 1/5 or less would be willing to and capable of doing both.

Two separate series keeps the dirt racing alive, which has kept the series alive these past few years. Asphalt drivers have the chance to rejoin the series, while not being forced to travel 4+ hours to race a track on which they are not interested in racing. The dual series allows the series to stay cost-efficient so no one is being forced to race 24 races and will keep both sides of the fence satisfied...

Again, I'd love to be able to add a road course enduro to our schedule, but 2012 is not the year it can happen....

rustyboltz6
12-21-2011, 03:18 PM
Yes if you are running dual exhaust you have to run the tips , if you are running a single exhaust with a stock y-pipe (NOT A HOME MADE OR AFTERMARKET) you do not have to put on a 1 1/2 tip. That is THE ONLY EXCEPTION to this rule !!!!! and they have to be there during post race inspection!!!

Rick, I've been running a Y-pipe and single exhaust for a few years, I even added a muffler last year. I had most of it made at an exhaust shop, which happens to be one of my sponsors. It cost me very little to construct and looks very similar to a "stock" exhaust with a Y-pipe. I would like to continue to use this set-up. It is all welded together, it seems to discharge the exhaust well, it is all less than 2 1/2" in diameter, it has never came loose or fell onto the track creating a safety issue. I think there is going to be many "pee-shooter" caused flat tires this year?? We shall see???

Questions: What is the difference in, both function and appearance, between an exhaust made at a local exhaust shop vs. a "stock" exhaust system bought from a local parts store? :help:What is a "stock" exhaust and how will it be determined to be "stock"? :confused:Will a diagram be included in the new rules package to provide guidelines? :confused: Will it be a "judgement call" by you and your staff?? :confused:Is a Schuylkill County, a Berks County or let's just say, a "stock PA exhaust" the same as a "stock NJ exhaust"????:confused:

The cost difference will most likely be considerable, unless of course, you have an auto parts store as a sponsor instead of an exhaust shop. I more than likely will need to build a new car after this year's "Boiler Plate" incident on the backstretch and want to re-use as much of the old car as I can. I'm trying to stay on top of all the new changes and trying see what I need and don't need. I understand what you are trying to accomplish with this rule and I think the intent is to keep it simple, I'm just looking for clarification to the, so called, "exception" to the rule to see if I can use my old exhaust without changing it????

Thanks!!!!!:cool:

Easy E
12-30-2011, 05:34 PM
you should be ok bud, but its ricks call. honestly i'm hoping a standard type exhaust weather it be from parts store or custom built, don't much matter to me, but we still need to know what are the rules. i don't pay 1 red cent for exhaust tubing, and not going to buy any either i'll make it damn close to what neets wants, whatever that may be?? but still need to know what the rules are, i guess before the holidays is out the window?? hopefully before jan. is out. happy new year everyone.

glassmanjtf
12-30-2011, 08:17 PM
I'm suprised none of the elders told you to wait for the rules !! lol :D Give me a call buddy. :)

RICK16RACIN
12-30-2011, 09:25 PM
Shaun , the reason why i want it stock is so guys wont run true duals into one somewhere in the back of the car!! (some can be very creative) as long as its bent to stock specs im fine with it . It has to y somewhere under the trans or either in front of the trans pan or no further then 2 1/2 inches behind the tail shaft of the trans . HOPE THIS HELPS ??

Maddawg
12-31-2011, 10:26 AM
There is NO difference , the rule says "stock" Y pipe and single exhaust with muffler.. so what I comprehend from this is use stock Y pipe, and a muffler(any muffler)
It doesn't matter if you go buy parts at Napa or wherever , or have one made.. yes it is much easier to have one made and is always much stronger that way..
I have always run this set up on my enduro cars and it works very well.
Happy New Years to all , and see yas soon
Maddawg

Easy E
01-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Thank's Rick, You kick ass man, finally got the spec's for exhaust!! Thank You.

rustyboltz6
01-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Sounds Goood!!!! :cool:

Philter39
01-01-2012, 07:31 PM
I'm suprised none of the elders told you to wait for the rules !!

your long wait is over. phil does 51 make me an elder ?

glassmanjtf
01-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Yes it does , mean your and elder !! Just complimenting my wiser race buddie;s !:applause:

glassmanjtf
01-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Hey Phil you live near me don't you ? i'D LIKE TO SEE YOUR WORKSHOP AND PICK YOUR BRAIN !!

glassmanjtf
01-01-2012, 08:56 PM
WOW THIS IS GONNA BE A GREAT YEAR GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!:wave: