PDA

View Full Version : New Smyrna 2012

BigMac
12-31-2011, 01:57 PM
Its about that time of year again. Any word on which teams are heading to Florida? Not a lot of modifieds made the trip
in 2011. Hopefully they get a few more next month.

Bob T. Racer
01-01-2012, 10:26 PM
Heard they had a new race director for Speed Weeks. Does that mean Brooksie is all done?

MJProcko
01-02-2012, 12:24 AM
According to the schedule, all the regular Mod races are 25 laps, (same as the FL Mods & PLM) SK 20 laps and SLM 35 laps..... anyone know why?

shep 06
01-02-2012, 05:49 AM
I dont think the new race director has anything to do with tour mods. Arent the regular tour mods features always 25 laps?

Juice99
01-02-2012, 08:12 AM
Terry Roberts is back in control as General Manager. Dick Brooks is still calling the SK and Tour Mods.

MJProcko
01-07-2012, 07:03 PM
from speed 51 who is at NSS tonight for the red eye 100

"We have gotten some big news about SpeedWeeks coming up here at New Smyrna Speedway. Glenn Luckett will also serve as the race director for the Modifieds shows, Tour-Type, SK Modifeds, and Florida Modifieds. Also, Ricky Brooks will be back as the headman in the tech line and will tech the Tour-Type Modifieds and SK's as well. This should help kepp everyone on the same page."

Ricky Brooks around the modifieds is going to be fun post race......

worm
01-07-2012, 07:19 PM
hard to get cars with a 225.00 entry

stoningtonmodmania
01-08-2012, 11:33 AM
According to the website its a 125$ entry fee

TMAC
01-09-2012, 12:11 PM
anyone from the jam or chromehorn goin down,thinking about heading down there myself,just to watch

csg
01-09-2012, 04:01 PM
not going this year. Dragged my feet on booking, now I am priced out. Air is/was 2 to 3 times what I paid last year. The superbowl kind of screwed us. Now everything is pushed back a week, and I think its the same week the kids go on Feb vacation. So tickets to Orlando are not discounted. Gonna miss it. I will be on chrome horn and speed 51 getting updates.

limodmaniac
01-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Last year, made it to my first ever New Smyrna races ( 2 of them) and this year hope to get down there for Monday - Friday racing. Hope the weather cooperates.

Mod Fever
01-10-2012, 02:15 PM
So far the entry list on the webs site for the Tour cars
No. Name Age Hometown Sponsor(s)
#00 Ted Christopher Plainville, CT Shoe City / Sherm’s
#2x Ryan Preece 20 Berlin, Conn. Uptick Vineyards / Amer. Lamp Recycling
#03 Patrick Emerling 18 Orchard Park, NY —
#03 T/B/A
#x6 Eric LeClair 56 E. Hampton, Mass Start Finish Productions
#6 Ron Silk 28 Norwalk, CT T.S. Haulers, Inc.
#09 George Brunnhoelzl 29 W. Babylon, NY Phoenix Pre-Owned Motors / Triad Auto
#12 Dave Roys Calverton, NY T.S. Haulers, Inc.
#22 Chuck Hossfeld 29 Lockport, New York —
#33 Andy Petree 52 Hendersonville, NC —
#40 Frank Fleming 51 Mount Airy, NC Jerry Hunt Auto Truck Sales
#77 Gary Putnam 44 Concord, NC Stock Car Steel
#79 James Civali 27 S. Hadley, Mass Hill Enterprises / Coors LightNo. Name Age Hometown Sponsor(s)

And for the SKs
No. Name Age Hometown Sponsor(s)
#03 Patrick Emerling 18 Orchard Park, NY —
#03 T/B/A
#5 Ron Silk 28 Norwalk, CT T.S. Haulers, Inc.
#12 Jason Mignogna 35 Shirley, NY T.S. Haulers, Inc.
#33 Gary Fountain 60 Minneola, Florida Fountain Motorsports
#71 Jimmy Zacharias Candor, New York —
#— TJ Zacharias Candor, New York —

modracer1
01-10-2012, 03:00 PM
I think that is the 2011 entry list.

Revscott
01-10-2012, 08:22 PM
That is 2011.

skbob
01-11-2012, 09:45 PM
there is no entry list on the NSS website YET.

stoningtonmodmania
01-13-2012, 03:46 PM
Here is the entry list (http://newsmyrnaspeedway.org/?p=2091)as they start to arrive

CuriousGeorge
01-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Here is the entry list (http://newsmyrnaspeedway.org/?p=2091)as they start to arrive

This guy's always on top of things :applause:

RGeeProductions
01-13-2012, 11:21 PM
anyone from the jam or chromehorn goin down,thinking about heading down there myself,just to watch

Yup. TCH will have coverage.

skbob
01-19-2012, 10:28 PM
why does there seem to be not much interest in New Smyrna on this thread this year
?
I do realize that its hard to get on the NSS website for some reason.
Partridge & Silk aren't coming this year.
I just thinkl that it will level the playing field because they were caught cheating last year according to the Area Auto Racing News in MY latest edition. I live in Daytona Beach & I'm a week behind getting AARN.
maybe its the economy, we'll blame that for everything today.
I don't know.
what does everyone eles think?

Acadia
01-20-2012, 10:47 AM
With all the issues reported, which means there were probably many more that went unreported, New Smyrna is just a preseason test and tune session. There's no respect for the sport by a couple that ruins it for everyone else.

MJProcko
01-20-2012, 12:07 PM
having to face Ricky Brooks in Tech is not going to encourage some teams to come down either....

Bob T. Racer
01-20-2012, 10:05 PM
having to face Ricky Brooks in Tech is not going to encourage some teams to come down either....

With the widespread cheating thats been going on for years, this is the year that the legal guys should want to come with Ricky Brooks in charge of tech. When the guys that usually kick a-- don't show this year, it'll be pretty obvious why. You'll hear the excuses like, going on vacation with the wife this year or my car is not ready yet and things like that, but we'll all know the real reason- Rickey Brooks!! I'll see how the car count is at the beginning of the week, then maybe i'll go. If it's low, i'll see y"all at Volusia where the racing is always great!!

Acadia
01-20-2012, 10:13 PM
The entry list has been updated today and it's looking pretty bleak for the Tour mods.

Acadia
01-30-2012, 01:33 PM
A couple more cars have been added to the roster. It's getting late...

BigMac
01-30-2012, 06:04 PM
Looks like everyone will finish in the top 10 all week. Three of those entries are the 79 team. TC is expected but however you shake it things aren't looking good.

JED
01-30-2012, 06:13 PM
After the success of last year you'd think Earl Paules would be there.

Acadia
02-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Eleven cars and thirteen drivers so far with two weeks to go.

If not for the last minute nothing will get done. Still plenty of time for entries to roll in, we hope.

JMB
02-02-2012, 08:26 AM
I have mentioned in the past that I can't see why anyone would even want to run there anymore. It looks like practice starts at 1 every day and the features start at 7:30. Thompson runs a similar amount of divisions every Thursday and seem to pull it off in a much shorter timeframe.

csg
02-09-2012, 09:54 PM
7 or 8 nights of racing, sunshine, and warm weather has to mean something.

I dont understand why they have practice at 1-3pm, qualifying at 4pm drivers meeting at 6.15 then racing at 7.30. They are just holding you hostage at the track all day when it seems they could easily start everything at 5 and get it done without any long breaks. Maybe have an open practice from 1 to 5pm that way if someone wrecks a car the prior night, they have all day to work on it.

The entry list is increasing, albeit slowly, we are looking at 13-15 tour types, 9 sk registered as of 2/8. This is about what they had last year. Combine them in one event you have a good field, you would lose 2 cars due to drivers registered in both mods and sk.

Bob T. Racer
02-10-2012, 09:30 PM
7 or 8 nights of racing, sunshine, and warm weather has to mean something.

I dont understand why they have practice at 1-3pm, qualifying at 4pm drivers meeting at 6.15 then racing at 7.30. They are just holding you hostage at the track all day when it seems they could easily start everything at 5 and get it done without any long breaks. Maybe have an open practice from 1 to 5pm that way if someone wrecks a car the prior night, they have all day to work on it.

The entry list is increasing, albeit slowly, we are looking at 13-15 tour types, 9 sk registered as of 2/8. This is about what they had last year. Combine them in one event you have a good field, you would lose 2 cars due to drivers registered in both mods and sk.

Headed right now to Volusia on Tues. where they already have 34 entries and the racings always fantastic. I'll always support the asphalt mods, but i have to say the last few years the dirt shows are way better than Smyrna!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe if New Smyrna did a real tech inspection i would change my mind. But, until i see it, I'll see ya at Volusia!!!

tampamodfan
02-10-2012, 10:15 PM
If you do not like what you see at NSS, do not come. Some of us wait all year long to go to see the northern Mods run. You are so negative you would think the walls are coming down around you. If you do not like or want anything to do with the show that is put on for all of us then dont come to the track or come on here and share your desperate opinion on something you know nothing about. Yes I have been to every speedweeks since I was 7 years old. I am 43 now. my kids grew up watching. My dad grew up a Islip speedway. everything about Speedweeks at NSS is great.
It takes a great deal of money to put on these events and for each team that tries to come and do whatever they can do. most of us enjoy everybit of that. Why dont you go to a dirt track blog or message page and provide your negtive insight to their page.

tampamodfan
02-10-2012, 10:45 PM
They want to run at NSS :
Because it is Speedweeks!! Just because the track opens at 1:00 does not mean everyone runs 400 hot laps.
Does Thompson run 9 consecutive nights in a row? Does Thompson have over 300 hundred entries to deal with. I have never been to Thompson, sorry nothing to hate on, it is on my bucket list as a modified fan. I will go there and when I do even if it snows or rains i wont say anyting negative.
The fans that camp and or come to the speedway every day enjoy seeing all the teams tune and tweak the cars for each night of competition. We like going into the pits and watching and learning how these racers and teams work together.
You all are so quick to have your negative opinions about these things.
TC coming down, taking time off his own business to race, chuck hossfeld, ryan preece, the youger guys running 8 nights for seat time. do they get any credit for being pure racers. Dude's it cost money. Just in case you have been under a rock, no one in these divisions are taking home big money like in Sprint cup or even as much as the camping world guys. They come down to put on a show for the true fans. Not piss pore whiney babies like you. Go to eastbay or Volusia or BRP. if you want to see your dirt racers. and then piss on them when you find somthing there you dont like. New Symrna Speedway is a great track. It is one of the most famous places anyone who is anyone in racing has ever raced. Richie Evans, Mark Martin, Freddy Desaro, Reggie, Charlie J. Gary Balough, Dick Trickle, Tony Stewart, Joey lagono, Dick and Wayne Anderson, Doug Heveron, Bobby Allison. Does not really matter what you think or how bad you can spin it, this track and this event will always be in the history books. Maybe that alone is why they come to race here.

DaFingz
02-13-2012, 09:13 AM
I personally can't wait for Speedweeks. It will be my first time going and I couldn't be more exited. It is disheartening to see low car counts but as a modified fan from New England I have to remind myself: It's Mod racing, in Florida, in February. I would much rather watch 2 mods race eachother at Speedweeks in 70 degree weather than be cooped up in my house in CT desperately waiting for the Icebreaker.

limodmaniac
02-13-2012, 05:15 PM
Last year, I made it to my first New Smyrna races ( the final two of the week) and this year I'm planning on getting the five of them ( Mon-Fri) and I can't wait!

Also, heading to Bronson Speedway on Sunday,before I head to New Smyrna. They are supposed to have mods there also. Not sure if they will get too many, but again, I'd rather watch two of them go around the track than be sitting up here in my house thinking about modifieds.

limodmaniac
02-13-2012, 05:21 PM
I know there is a complete schedule out somewhere, that tells the order of each night's racing. Does someone have the link to that schedule?

JED
02-13-2012, 06:15 PM
It usually changes nightly. This is just a guide.

http://newsmyrnaspeedway.org/pdfs/WorldSeries2012.pdf

DaFingz
02-14-2012, 08:48 AM
I will only be there Thursday and Friday for the 100. I'm praying that the weather cooperates.

limodmaniac
02-14-2012, 05:27 PM
I hear TC will be heading over to Bronson Speedway to race a modified! Hope others show up also!

tampamodfan
02-14-2012, 09:25 PM
I am happy to see and here of the oppurtunity for tour Modifieds to run at additional Florida tracks. This brings back days of old with bobby allison running at a Tampa's golden gate speedway. The more racing fans see these tour type cars run, the better for the growth of the series. We all know the price to own and run one of these tour cars and it is out growing the small area they normally run. With all the retired folks in Florida and all the really nice racetracks, you would think they could raise the purse and run these tour type cars up and down the eastern coast. From riverhead to Desoto Speedway, Fl. Even though I am parcial to florida, (Yes I live here) georgia has (Gresham), south Carolina(Myrtal), North Carolina (several) , TN ( Bristal) , virgina (Several), all have really nice modified type tracks.
*** How about a super weekend Snowball Derby with a Tour Modified show or feature in pensacola Fl. I would tow up their for a weekend event.
They should combine the NWTM and SWTM and Run the entire eastern coast. If only they had a promoter (Nascar)(TVMRS) All American, ALL Eastern touring grass roots nascar series.

I am so ready to head to my field of dreams on the east side of new symrna speedway for 8 nights of modified racing. and maybe 1 day of daytona

TMAC
02-15-2012, 12:23 PM
tampamodfan,you are so right,i look forward to speedweeks and for all that havent been there,years ago most cup drivers went to smynra for GREAT racing most every night[ps some still do].So looking forward to reading on here and speed51.com
One of the best races was 2009 Richie Evans 100 lap memorial,TC and SILK goin back and fourth.
ENJOY IT TO ALL WHO ARE GOING, AND SAFE RACING FOR ALL who compete.

TMAC
02-16-2012, 11:14 PM
The site for info would be dillners site speed51.com. So the LI manic would know,hope you enjoy it

fastbackss
02-21-2012, 08:53 AM
Very happy to see Hemric win last night - congratulations to both him and the Hill family.

Also congrats to R. Schultz, winning in his first night out (SK).

Lastly, looks like Brunnhoezl and Seuss will each be there for at least 4 nights. Looking forward to the continued live updates!

-Mike

Juice99
02-21-2012, 04:53 PM
TMAC, you are right....that was a great race at NSS in 09! Best one I have seen in a while.

uticamike
02-21-2012, 08:10 PM
....Maybe that alone is why they come to race here....

Yeah..all 16 of them. Really? Nice "big" crowd of Fla mod fans too. NOT!
Maybe you should attend at least 1 event at Thompson before you start lecturing fans on this site. Oh, and thanks for the
history lesson . You forgot to mention the Atlantic is salty too. The racing at NSS WAS good in the past but that is true of a lot
of tracks. Florida isn't so special......cept' the weather.

tampamodfan
02-21-2012, 09:33 PM
Just in case you have not been reading the news, it looks like Daytona will have some Mods for 2013. Yea i know 1/4 mile cement fence bull ring, but it will be in one of the most famous arena's in the WORLD. Oh, and its in Florida too . I am not sure you understand my previous point. I just felt your feelings were pretty negative towards an event that I myself consider it AWESOME. Even though its only 12-13 cars this year. I am a modified fan, I would show up and watch only 2 cars. Yes, there has been better years. There has beens some not so good ones too. In my case for NSS World Series, its a tradition and I look foward to it. I have been to the NS shootout as well 4 times. I know, still not a points event. I am aware you are more seasoned then me as you are 13 years my senior, and with respect, I conceide to your wisdom. As a younger father of 3 kids, and a wife, I have to pick and choose my particular events around my schedule and of course finances. The car count is what it is. It is not the track, its not the racing, its the cost that will not allow these special people to come down and race as much as they want. Bending of the rules, and arguments happen at every track. If it didn't fans like you and I would not attend.
I look foward to continued optionated topics and When I do work out the schedule and finance, I will make sure to let you and everyone on this message board know when I will be at Thompson. I will purchase the first round of your choice beverage.
Oh, you are correct, fans, where are they? The stands do look pretty empty. I am leaving tampa, 10:00am and will be in the stands at
12:30.
The pictures of the bleachers mis-represent the amount of people at the track. More then 50% enter the pits inside and outside the track.
Just my opinion. I enter the pits earlier in the day and make my way around to the bleachers eventually. But you are right, where are all the northern race fans? Maybe its a money deal too as Florida was hit pretty hard in the economy as well.

god bless see ya at the races>>