PDA

View Full Version : Rear wheel drive cars read carfully

RICK16RACIN
01-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Since this rule will apply mostly to the Big car class please read it !!! For all that could`nt attend the rules meeting this year i did focus on the "limited slip rear" and what I want to have happen, When your car is jacked up with one wheel on the ground ( my choice ) i want to be able to turn the wheel in the air with one hand !! I know there will be a little resistance but last year there where a few that took just about all i had to turn ?? So with that said i might be pulling your diff. cover to check for shims to tighten clutches in the "limited slip' unit and you could be DQ`ed . Please when the rules get posted read them all carefully and from one side to the other !! NO EXCUSES!!! :D

glassmanjtf
01-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Patiently waiting !! :wave: :help:

Mobigsly
01-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Let me know how this works out. ha.

Easy E
01-10-2012, 08:40 AM
Don't you think you'll have to put in the rules open rears only, because posy's are STOCK!!

RICK16RACIN
01-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Well posi rears are stock but they don`t come shimmed so tight you cant turn one wheel when its jacked up with the other on the ground . :cool:

Easy E
01-10-2012, 11:14 AM
That's gonna be a huge gray area for some.

CJfilms
01-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Rules say that the tech official must be easily able to turn one wheel while the car is jacked up on one side...

Simple explanation....if the rear is STOCK and unaltered, you won't have any issues....if it is NOT STOCK or it is altered....please start posting reasons why we can't do this....

For the drivers who have stock parts and have passed this inspection in the past....we probably won't be hearing from you too much on this thread.......

Easy E
01-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Actually, you will, if you have a burnt out posy, meaning the posy don't work properly, you can get the clutches repacked, which in turn it will be tight for a short while and then loosen up alittle,I can't define little, so gray area, Are you going to get the spec for the amount of drag, in foot pounds to tect what the stock drag was?? (on a posy). I'm not trying to argue with anyone, but some of the rules you have are not thought out properly. I like dealing with facts, not assumption. (kinda like my heads) bought heads that were gone over, cleaned up real nice, but there illegal, but a electric fuel pump, electris fan plus a clutch fan is legal on a 1974 chevy monte?? that won 3 championships and was to be bone stock,ummm??? I guess I won't anything for you sir. No reply's just facts please!!

Mobigsly
01-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Take the most beat up posi and heat it up for 100+ laps "metal expands when hot" and your not going to turn it with one hand. Out of all the rules, this is the one you want to over analyze?

kclunck
01-11-2012, 06:19 PM
I jacked up 4 different fords with posi [traction lock] and to my suprise i easly turned the one wheel as the rules say

Mobigsly
01-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Nothing works right on a Ford!

CJfilms
01-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Post race tech for the Big cars will be done either....

If the Big Cars run first, after the Small Car race...to allow time for the car/engine to cool a bit...
If the Small Cars run first, after the Post-race inspection of the Small Cars....

Either way, there should be at least a half hour for cool down. We do let drivers open hoods to let an overheating motor cool...as well as dump water on or in it....

Safety first and if there is an extremely hot motor, I'd rather not see Rick jump right in and burn himself....although I'm sure some people would... :angel:

CJfilms
01-11-2012, 08:32 PM
PS....again, kind of an unwritten rule as such, but Rick does use common sense...

No one will ever be DQ'd immediately if the wheel doesn't spin if he uses one finger to spin it....he'll give it his best to make sure the wheel is not spinning because of parts installed before making that decision.....

Also, you have the option of tearing the rear/part open to show that there is no shimming, welding, clutch packs, mini clutches, etc...

If the wheel has some friction, so be it...if Rick is turning red in the face trying to turn the wheel....something is not right....

Easy E
01-13-2012, 10:58 PM
OK, makes sence joey, Thank you.

RICK16RACIN
01-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Listen I have jacked up many cars and turned lots of wheels and hot or not , most will turn easily !! but if I have to hang on it to get it to turn then we are gonna tear it apart and find out why !!! :mad: if you came to the rules meeting you would have seen exactly what i was saying and doing !!
:cool:

richardpetey
01-15-2012, 03:38 PM
So if I rip the cover off my differential and it physically is a posi.......its legal?....................:confused:
UNCLE PETEY...................................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

tbirdracer
01-15-2012, 07:48 PM
no one wants to see your rear petey! please keep your posi covered:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lo l::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

richardpetey
01-15-2012, 10:05 PM
I know its terrible losing all that fluid.....................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY.....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Mobigsly
01-16-2012, 10:13 AM
Sounds more like he will tear out your posi, dissassemble it, lay out all the steels and clutches, measure their thickness and count them, then they will rate the springs to make sure they are not hoped up.. Then as stated in the rules you will have to drive down to pep boys and buy a chiltons manual, to prove that was stock.

richardpetey
01-16-2012, 10:33 AM
I don't think NEETS tech guys will treat us like we were running at mountain speedway.................:disgusted
UNCLE PETEY.............................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CJfilms
01-16-2012, 06:35 PM
Chilton's guides....if you want to prove to us that something was stock from the factory the way it is and Rick does not believe so and it is not compliant with our rules....Chilton's manuals or some other official written proof will suffice.

We're not accepting somebody's personal web page that you can print out that says it is stock because we all know how many people online have fraudulent postings, incorrect information that they believe is correct, etc... Show me something official from Chevy or in a Chilton's manual and I have no choice but to believe it....I may still investigate it further, but that is something we will have to do when the time comes...

BOTTOM LINE....
If your car is stock, stop pushing the limits...there is only so far you can go before you find out the hard way you went too far.......
As for your competitors' cars, let us worry about them....if you are upset that we haven't done our job, put up the money and have them torn down...

We cannot put one rule in place what will cover all possible scenarios...let alone an entire rule book that will have everything we need in it for a whole race season........things will come up outside of the box...we will deal with them on a case by case basis and use common sense to keep things moving smoothly.

glassmanjtf
01-16-2012, 06:43 PM
Why can't we all get along abide by the rules and we are all in the winners spot, This is supposed to be fun that's why i got started in this !! :mad:

richardpetey
01-16-2012, 07:15 PM
I don't want to get into a big dicussion about this posi-rear deal, but we are running cars that are slowly becoming antiques and classics........................:rolleyes:
The OE parts for these cars are becoming rare and the people who do have'm want a fortune for them...............................:help:
At the november enduro at wall I destroyed a front bumper, I could not find a good bumper in this area anywhere.................:disgusted
Thanks to Howie, he tig welded 3 parts of different bumpers together to make something that resembled the old one.................:applause:
We have to be allowed to use aftermarket parts to repair the parts that are obsolete and can no longer be bought from the OE manufacturers.......................:(
I rebuild all my rears and cannot get any parts from GM, hence I have to get gears, bearings and clutches from other sources......................:)
I just don't wanna get penalized for a properly working posi-unit......................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY.......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Philter39
01-17-2012, 07:20 PM
V8 parts may be rare but 4 cyl cars are plentiful. I got a bumper for my Pontiac for $30 at
Naftzingers. phil