PDA

View Full Version : Twin 15's ???????????????????????

DriveitinDeep
01-18-2012, 09:41 AM
I understand the purpose of the Twin 30's for the Mods, but can anyone tell me the
purpose of the twin crash fest that is planned for the LM's? What does it accomplish, besides
caution flags and bent cars?

maestri fan 1
01-18-2012, 11:36 AM
I think with twin 15's you will technically have 2 races in one night like the Mods. So i'm assuming that's their way of giving you guys more shows.

DriveitinDeep
01-18-2012, 02:39 PM
5 more laps then our normal distance for the same purse as a 25 lap race? How is that an additional race? That's like having a caution flag for a accident at lap 12, restarting the race and saying the next 13 laps are another race. Sure we could get additional points, but it's not like we're going for a national or regional title like the Mods. Makes no sense to me unless I am missing something.

hollywoodmic
01-18-2012, 03:53 PM
Roger do you guys run for a 2nd Tier Championship with the State Points??? If so perhaps they're trying to give you enough shows so you may be able to win that, and make some decent season ending $$$.Through the NASCAR Weekly Racing Series Point fund.

DriveitinDeep
01-18-2012, 04:02 PM
if we are Steve, I sure don't know about it. By doing that we would have 12 shows (last year we had 9 whole shows with 2 rain outs). I sincerely doubt 12 shows would count toward any kind of series.
We have not been in any kind of short track series for many years now