PDA

View Full Version : #32 On-Car Video

NeetsSpectator
01-19-2012, 10:04 PM
Dan Birdsall drives to victory lane in the NEETS 2011 "Beaters with Heaters" small car race.

http://youtu.be/zGIRxuU-JJU

CJfilms
01-21-2012, 07:08 AM
Before anyone tries to correct Dave on this....watch the video and you will see why he called it an "ON" car video!

Dave, I need to send you an email about those roof top cameras and the magnetic mounts....

NeetsSpectator
01-21-2012, 08:12 PM
Dave, I need to send you an email about those roof top cameras and the magnetic mounts....

If it's about the cameras flying off and hitting someone, Rob Longo in the #45 has done some extensive testing on that theory in the last race. The camera didn't budge a bit.

CJfilms
01-23-2012, 09:05 PM
:-B:lol:

Not quite....need to know where you got the mounts made....if not done by yourself...

With a little help from one of our NEETS brothers, we've got a little idea in mind for this season!

NeetsSpectator
01-24-2012, 09:42 PM

Not quite....need to know where you got the mounts made....if not done by yourself...

With a little help from one of our NEETS brothers, we've got a little idea in mind for this season!

Made the mounts myself.
Bought the 3" magnet at Harbor Freight tools.
Bought the 1" ID shaft collar from Grainger.
Bought the thumb screw at the local hardware store.
and a couple of modifications to the shaft collar and you have a camera mount.

This latest camera came from a China wholesale company. 720p for $80.
This camera was the least expensive of the ones that I have bought so far and it's been the best one yet.
I sold one to the 310 and he likes it better than the GoPro that he has.
Small, simple to operate, and dependable.

An automatic mud slinger attachment is in the makings to combat the Grandview terrain.

A Joe cam for the next race would be interesting.

tbirdracer
01-25-2012, 02:01 PM
How much did you charge for the camera? You do good work and i might like to have one for myself. shout me an message. thank you, tbirdracer

NeetsSpectator
02-09-2012, 07:37 PM

So what is this little idea that you have in mind?