PDA

View Full Version : So what tour has the best schedule? Who got short changed this year?

limodmaniac
01-29-2012, 11:24 AM
Whelen

Apr 15 Icebreaker
Thompson International Speedway
Apr 29 CARQUEST Tech-Net Spring Sizzler
Stafford Motor Speedway
May 12 NWMT Monadnock 5/12/12
Monadnock Speedway
May 25 TSI Harley-Davidson 125
Stafford Motor Speedway
Jun 23 NWMT Waterford 6/23/12
Waterford Speedbowl
Jul 14 New England 100
New Hampshire Motor Speedway
Jul 28 NWMT Riverhead 7/28/12
Riverhead Raceway
Aug 3 Stafford 150
Stafford Motor Speedway
Aug 9 Budweiser 150
Aug 22 UNOH Perfect Storm 150
Bristol Motor Speedway
Sep 9 NWMT-NWSMT UNOH Showdown
Sep 22 New Hampshire 100
New Hampshire Motor Speedway
Sep 30 CARQUEST Fall Final
Stafford Motor Speedway
Oct 14 World Series

Whelen South

Mar 25 Spring Classic 150
Caraway Speedway
Apr 7 Caraway 150
Caraway Speedway
Apr 14 South Boston 150
South Boston Speedway
Apr 21 Caraway 150
Caraway Speedway
Jul 6 Firecracker 150
Caraway Speedway
Aug 4 Bowman Gray 199
Bowman Gray Stadium
Aug 22 UNOH Perfect Storm 150
Bristol Motor Speedway
Sep 1 Langley 150
Langley Speedway
Sep 9 NWMT-NWSMT UNOH Showdown
Sep 29 Caraway 150
Caraway Speedway
Oct 11 Charlotte 150
Charlotte Motor Speedway
Nov 3 Rockingham
Rockingham Speedway

ROC

May 20 SL2
May 26 Oswego
June 8 Spencer
June 9 Lancaster
June 30 Holland
July 21 Oswego
July 29 SL2
Aug 4 Wall
Aug 10 Chemung
Sep 16 Lancaster
Sep 23 SL2

VMRS

April 1 - Waterford

April 21 - Monadnock

May 20 - Thompson

June 9 - Seekonk

June 22 - Stafford

June 29- Lee

July 7- Monadnock

July 14- Canaan

July 26 - Thompson

Aug 11 - Waterford

Aug 18- Seekonk

Aug 25 - Monadnock

Aug 31 - Stafford

Oct 6 - Seekonk

Oct 21 - Lee

burtmyers1
01-29-2012, 10:56 PM
Southern Tour got short changed BIG time. We lost our two best tracks and were given what will be the worst race all year. Say what you want about Rockingham, but it will be a joke of a race.

Acadia
01-31-2012, 10:55 AM
Hey Burt, why do you think the Rockingham event will be a joke?

Up here, the Loudon puts on great races. Loudon is an awesome track for the modifieds, and it looks like Rockingham could be the South Tour version of Loudon. Loudon has little banking and Rockingham has a bit more banking and that could be better.

Give it a chance. If this is the first time there for these cars or teams, there will be learning curve issues. These big tracks give the mods a real chance to stretch it out and it's awesome.

You southern teams should come up here and run Loudon.

Southern Tour got short changed BIG time. We lost our two best tracks and were given what will be the worst race all year. Say what you want about Rockingham, but it will be a joke of a race.

Axel
01-31-2012, 12:26 PM
Acadia- I think you meant to say Rockingham instead of Richmond in your post above. Unless there is something i dont know about...

burtmyers1
01-31-2012, 06:47 PM
Hey Burt, why do you think the Rockingham event will be a joke?

Up here, the Loudon puts on great races. Loudon is an awesome track for the modifieds, and it looks like Rockingham could be the South Tour version of Loudon. Loudon has little banking and Rockingham has a bit more banking and that could be better.

Give it a chance. If this is the first time there for these cars or teams, there will be learning curve issues. These big tracks give the mods a real chance to stretch it out and it's awesome.

You southern teams should come up here and run Loudon.

Rockingham isn't New Hampshire. The banking at Rockingham makes it a whole different animal and Nascar will slow the cars down so much that the racing may take a hit because of it.

The difference between the haves and the have-nots is A LOT bigger down here than up north. That will show like crazy at Rockingham. If some Northern teams come down, which I'm sure they will, some of our guys will be like moving chicanes.

Oh, I'm definitely going to give it a chance. I wouldn't miss the race for anything. I know for sure that Burt absolutely wants to run New Hampshire, but the timing and money just hasn't been there

worm
01-31-2012, 07:18 PM
make 1 of the nh combined like bristol,pays alot more money then bristol and thompson

BigMac
01-31-2012, 07:48 PM
It still kills me that the K&N series got a Saturday date at Bristol in March. I'd take a Saturday WMT/WSMTcombo show at Bristol in March over anything Rockingham can do in November. That being said, I still like the 2012 WMT schedule over the others.

MJProcko
02-01-2012, 12:57 PM
NWMT:
While on the surface the condensed schedule might look like a step back it might not be a bad thing that the majority of the races are in the Southern NE market in this economy and will increase the car count. That said no effort out of Nascar to add combo events at Richmond or Martinsville is a sad commentary on the effort on their part. Then again Nascar might not have the clout with the owners of those tracks, International Speedway Corp. to get it done......

NWSMT:
Losing Hickory is never a good thing but I like the addition of the Rock, went to the last cup race there and people were not happy about losing it. Would like to see the combo races at Richmond and Martinsville ofcourse.

ROC:
Running Holland and Wall are good but I think not getting the PA tracks involved is keeping the series from maxing out it's potential. There is still the marquee event in the Owsego BUD 200 but sadly the race is not what it once was. Maybe the date change will breathe new life into it.

VMRS:
Losing the Maine races and keeping the series based in NH will help keep the car counts more consistant. No Thunder Road is sad as is the lack of a marquee event other than Ricky's race. Without a marquee event, every race becomes the same.... a season ending 'event' is needed. Also I would have expected to hear howls about the number of 2 day events.

So if I have to pick a winner..... NWMT still wears the title belt.

rageracer2010
02-05-2012, 01:31 PM
I hope they pay a decent purse at rockingham.this should have been a combination race
between both tours.don't expect too many northern teams if the purse is the southern
tour standard.