PDA

View Full Version : Johnson/Knaus Caught Cheating at Daytona

Jeff T
02-17-2012, 05:46 PM
BIG SURPRISE! Jimmy Johnson and Chad Knaus have already been caught trying to cheat at Daytona. According to SPEED, the team had the "C" pillars removed from the Daytona 500 car because they were trying to increase the size of the "Greenhouse" area, so that less air would reach the rear spoiler. Geez, you might think that after Chad opened his big mouth on camera about JJ needing to wreck the back of the car if he won the race, that he MIGHT think that NASCAR might be watching him....especially at the back of the car!
What a tool!

maestri fan 1
02-17-2012, 06:24 PM
Stop hating..... They tried something out of the box and NASCAR wasn't ok with it.... They are making way too big of a deal over this.

Golf Guy
02-17-2012, 06:45 PM
You know whats funny. NUMEROUS teams were caught cheating the last 2 years and not one post here. BOOM Chad tries something and gets caught and the Knaus/Johnson haters run right out and post something!! Gotta love it.

maestri fan 1
02-17-2012, 07:31 PM
I was thinkin the same thing... lol.... gotta love the haters.

Jeff T
02-17-2012, 09:15 PM
Am I a fan of the 48 team, no I am not. I guess that is why I am being labeled as a "hater". One of the main reasons why I posted what I did is because of the fact that Chad has been caught and suspended numerous times for "trying something outside of the box", as you put it. The general rule in racing is that it's only cheating if you get caught. Well, they got caught.....again. So I guess that can be classified as "cheating". JMO

Wheel Racing
02-17-2012, 11:45 PM
If every other Hendrick car and affiliated Hendrick car were legal then it's hard to defend the fact that the 48 team has always been based on cheating. It kind of makes you wonder how legit those championships really were, right Jim Golf? Jimmy bashing rules

btgoss
02-18-2012, 09:14 AM
It's not "hating." They have been caught cheating other times in the past. I don't know for a fact that they have been caught more times than any other current team, but it does feel that way. So they can be called "cheaters." They aren't alone in that club, but they are still "cheaters."

nflobster
02-18-2012, 09:57 AM
hey the guy is pretty good with this stuff. it takes a sharp mind and outside the box thinking. i am more impressed he did it without his teamates knowing 88,24,5

Teds Race Tours
02-18-2012, 01:08 PM
Proud Hater Since 2002.

The Bullfather
02-18-2012, 01:55 PM
If anyone is mad, I would tend to think Jimmie himself has got to be mad! His relationship with Knaus got a little rocky the second half of last year. Jimmie has been trying hard to take himself out off that "haters" list for awhile. He's become more media friendly and has been getting to show his personal life a bit on TV, with his family and on talk shows. Like taking a step and then having to take two steps back. It's not Jimmie that I've had a personal bad taste in mouth about, but that of Knaus and the way he presents himself. If he's not happy, he won't show up at an event! Also it seems like he has more a smug attitude then most crew chiefs. But comes down to personal opinion and we all have one of those!

Richie25
02-18-2012, 04:28 PM
They all cheat :)

Gil
02-18-2012, 05:15 PM
Heard that they have a TV show, "Cheaters" , just for these guys!!!!

Hollywood
02-19-2012, 10:30 AM
They all cheat :)

NOT "ALL" :angel: