PDA

View Full Version : Keith Rocco Lands Full-Time NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Ride For 2012 Season

ShawnCourchesne
02-17-2012, 09:15 PM
Keith Rocco Lands Full-Time NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Ride For 2012 Season (http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/)

TMAC
02-17-2012, 09:40 PM
Tell you all,gettin excited about 2012.Good luck to the 3 team, a new chapter about to start..

Lugnuts
02-18-2012, 01:25 PM
Rocco is in fact a guy that sure knows how to drive. However lets not forget that he had a good opportunity with TS Motorsports and he let his attitude get in the way. The Boehler Team has been a staple in the sport for many years. Lets hope that they did not make a mistake.

MJProcko
02-18-2012, 03:31 PM
Mistake? There are 4 races at Thompson, 4 at Stafford and one at Waterford and you think putting the guy who has dominated those 3 tracks for the last 3 years is a mistake? Not to mention Matt did not really excel last year with no wins and only 3 top 5s. Plus the top 10 in WAAS get automatic bids into Daytona and we know how he performs weekly. Although I don't think they will need it as I believe they will see victory lane and qualify that way.

Rabbit504
02-20-2012, 06:51 AM
Mistake? There are 4 races at Thompson, 4 at Stafford and one at Waterford and you think putting the guy who has dominated those 3 tracks for the last 3 years is a mistake? Not to mention Matt did not really excel last year with no wins and only 3 top 5s. Plus the top 10 in WAAS get automatic bids into Daytona and we know how he performs weekly. Although I don't think they will need it as I believe they will see victory lane and qualify that way.

Yes Rocco dominated at those tracks,.
BUT, in an SK.
Not a Tour car.
No Szegedy, No Silk, No Santos, and may others.
He will have a tuff time "dominating" in a Tour car.

Hirschman is a pretty good Wheelman, and he just did OK in that car.
Sadly the Glory days are long gone.

I wish him well tho.
Watched his Old Man "Dominate" at Plainville years ago from our pit stall.
He's got the blood line for sure.

MJProcko
02-20-2012, 10:07 AM
Yes Rocco dominated at those tracks,.
BUT, in an SK.
Not a Tour car.
No Szegedy, No Silk, No Santos, and may others.
He will have a tuff time "dominating" in a Tour car.

Hirschman is a pretty good Wheelman, and he just did OK in that car.
Sadly the Glory days are long gone.

I wish him well tho.
Watched his Old Man "Dominate" at Plainville years ago from our pit stall.
He's got the blood line for sure.

Never said he was going to dominate but beating guys like Christopher, Preece, Pikat, Bernt each week; top 5 of the NWAAS for the pas 5 years; winning on the VMS as well as being able to bring along crew and some financial help can you tell me of someone with a better resume not running on the tour?

I grew up at the stadium and also watched his Dad kick butt. But not even his Dad has had his success although it was in completely different eras, an era you and I can agree is sadly missed.

Rabbit504
02-20-2012, 10:29 AM
You make me wonder now if your Rickie older brother?

MJProcko
02-20-2012, 02:21 PM
You make me wonder now if your Rickie older brother?

I have a cousin Ricky (same age) who I found out now enjoys racing from his NH cup FB pics but I don't think he did back then.

bud
02-20-2012, 06:17 PM
Time will tell....... I wonder if a motor deal might be in the works....