PDA

View Full Version : TC all done?!?!?!?

MJProcko
02-21-2012, 10:46 PM
Looks like the Brady's and Teddy are done for the week...... You don't mess with Ricky Brooks. Still heading up tomorrow night anyways.

fastgal
02-21-2012, 11:16 PM
I find it hard to believe that there has not been a lot of talk about the goings on at NSS this year. not many pics or discussion for that matter. the first race with the mods was certainly something to talk about and now the DQ. Must be something i am missing about this that people are afraid to talk about. All i can hope for is Riverhead dosen't become a larger circus than it has already become with calls vs non calls:confused:

RLP
02-22-2012, 10:09 AM
Makes alot of sense to make them tear down to crank when they have to race next night. why not wait untill sat. Dont blame them for paking up. to bad though love him or hate him tc is fun to watch.

Rabbit504
02-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Did they tear down the 2-3-4 place finisher's Motors?

JED
02-22-2012, 12:13 PM
No.
The motor was protested. That is why it was to be torn down.
The 00 team could have put in another motor and raced the rest of the week.

JE711618
02-22-2012, 12:28 PM
They know the rules and the procedures regarding protests.
Why should track officials wait until Saturday to do a tear down? So it's your opinion they let them run all week illegally, have them refuse the tear down on Saturday or if it was found illegal, change the results from the entire week? All I see from that is the fans, fellow competitors and crews get ripped off because they paid to compete or watch what was later found to be a farce in results?
Refusing a tear down and high tailing it back home is just an admission of guilt. Plain and simple.

Rabbit504
02-22-2012, 12:41 PM
No.
The motor was protested. That is why it was to be torn down.
The 00 team could have put in another motor and raced the rest of the week.

Sadly that team has a history of getting caught cheating, so they got what they deserve.
I would bet the next time that car show's up at a track it will be the same story.

Didn't the same issue come up last year when Teddy was much faster than all the other guys?

JE711618
02-22-2012, 12:44 PM
Wasn't it the VMRS race at Stafford last year?

MJProcko
02-22-2012, 01:09 PM
You don't mess with Ricky Brooks.

According to Speed 51 Diclk Brooks is still in charge of the modifieds so I stand corrected.

I am curious, don't the Brady team usually bring 2 cars and 2 motors to speedweeks? If so then there is no excuse not to follow the rules for tearing down.

According to the Teddy interview, it would appear the Preece's are the ones who filed the protest.

Acadia
02-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Can't wait for the IceBreaker!!!!!

gomodsgo
02-22-2012, 02:20 PM
a speed 51 interview.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijCJEAFRU8w

Acadia
02-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Well, unless the 2nd motor is illegal. It would be tough to have to tear down two engines, and that's what was going to happen. And quite frankly, the 2nd motor probably would have been thoroughly inspected before it ever took a lap. The inspectors are sick of looking like idiots by those that continuously or flagrantly pull crap like this.

Whose motor was this?

Plead no contest, leave and spin.

I just watched the Hossfeld interview and he says that the 00 was also caught with fuel, high compression and header spacers this week. WOW!!! And it's only Wednesday. Why hasn't this been reported????? What else could there be? Can you say asterisk? * * * * Wasn't the TC/Brady duo caught with a high compression motor last year? And oversize valves another time? Anybody can look like a great driver with an extra 50HP.

The protest was a great move, even better if it was by the Preece family. Jeepers, it looks like TC is going to reap what he has sown.

C'mon people, even TC fans have to be embarrassed. How much more of this can you take? This kind of stuff going on in the preseason!?!?!??

Sending these cars and drivers packing is what is needed to get the car counts up. Who wants to run legal against this? I hate watching it and reading about. I feel for those that run legal and are denied winnings because of this type of stuff.

Now I'm really looking forward to the rest of the racing this week.

I hope NASCAR tightens the screws some more this season.

Bud, where are you? LOL* Bud, what's the conspiracy theory this time? *L*M*A*O!* *

According to Speed 51 Diclk Brooks is still in charge of the modifieds so I stand corrected.

I am curious, don't the Brady team usually bring 2 cars and 2 motors to speedweeks? If so then there is no excuse not to follow the rules for tearing down.

According to the Teddy interview, it would appear the Preece's are the ones who filed the protest.

CynthiaTork
02-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Isn't this the same car, crew & driver that have been DQed from the MRS a few times and at one point threatened to sue?

NC Mudcat
02-22-2012, 04:57 PM
This is crazy. Refusing a protest is not an admission of guilt. What is the payoff for winning the race, and what is the cost to rebuild? It may simply not make financial sense, but then again, neither does going to NS for the week. The other infractions are hearsay. Have you heard an official make the claims? They may not have been reported because they don't exist. And sending home guys for failing tech will not raise the car counts; I truly doubt anyone stayed home because TC would be there running illegally. And finally, I saw the video of the last lap. Was Hossfeld right behind TC? So if TC was illegal, then chances are, so was Hossfeld. Why hasn't that been reported?????

JE711618
02-22-2012, 05:14 PM
".. I'm not taking it apart on Tuesday.." So what's the difference between being torn down on Friday night at one track and travelling to another track to compete on Saturday night? It's not like you're doing much the next day until the racing program starts. Besides that, you're competing at the same track the next day so there's no extended travel involved.

"..and I'm not taking it apart in this dirt in New Smyrna. It's a racing motor, not a street motor.." Nice! First, knock the facility that has hosted these shows for decades and given you a place to compete during speedweeks. Keep in mind they have paid you plenty of purse money over the years too. What a class act Ted is. Second, spend all that money to get down there and spend all the money to go back early because you don't want to get dirt on your shoes, back, or knees? Really? Serious?

".. Dealing with a lot of cry babies here.." Stay and take your medicine like a man or leave and look like a complete horses hind end. He chose the latter because he is what he's accusing his competitors of being in that statement. Someone is following the rules and putting up money for a protest, as the rules state. He doesn't want to be subjected to the rules because he knew they would be found illegal and would've had to put the motor back together regardless.

He should have taken his medicine. Get dq'd. Put the motor back together with legal parts and come back to compete the next night like a real racer would. It might have saved any remaining respect that fans and competitors still had for him.

Lugnuts
02-22-2012, 06:13 PM
Hey, If you can't play by the rules then stay home. In my opinion heading home is nothing more than an admission of guilt. The comments made about the dirt and day of week, to me are all excuses. If they would have allowed him to finish the week and tell him to tear down on Sat. he would have just loaded up and left anyway. If they had a mechanical issue I am sure they would not have commented about the dirt or otherwise and they would have done what was needed to take care of business. Bottom line is that they probably knew that they were cheating and that the second car and/or motor were illegal and/or would have been brought into question also. If they tide was turned and TC had a pretty wrecked car early in the week, as did Ryan and was pretty much eliminated from contention I am sure he would have done the same thing that the Preece team did. Hey, for those of us that have been following the Mods for some time, TC has been known to repay a favor or two in the past. Just listen to his comment at the end of his interview. "Hey its a long season". That tells me he will indeed repay this favor one way or another. Yes he is fun to watch but these actions or lack thereof, however you want to put it just takes the excitement out of things.

Acadia
02-22-2012, 07:40 PM
Yeah, rattling those sabers was funny. Brady's car and TC's engine seems to be the usual team. The engine is what had the infraction. Why would Brady sue the track or sanctioning body? And most importantly, can he? It's not his engine. Brady should sue TC for supplying a non-conforming engine. It would get complicated and hilarious. Can the person that supplied the non-complaint engine sue the track? I'd like to see TC try that.

TC doesn't want anything like that to happen. His entire history of infractions would be dredged up and it wouldn't help.

Isn't this the same car, crew & driver that have been DQed from the MRS a few times and at one point threatened to sue?

Acadia
02-22-2012, 07:41 PM
Nice job! I was laughing too hard when I first listened to that to post about it.

So it looks like this was TC's engine again.

Why not take it apart on Tuesday? Motors can't be taken apart on Tuesday? At least he could have a chance of racing again. Now he's out. The point is to take it apart when the protest is made to prevent the potentially offending engine from further participation. doh

Take the motor apart in a trailer. It happens. Racing motor, street motor, diesel motor, lawn mower motor, are all affected by dirt just the same. They are all opened up in the field all the time.

It's not about economics. Tearing the motor down would be a trivial cost compared to the total cost of running for the week. They wouldn't hesitate to rebuild the car a couple times from wrecks, which would cost far more than an engine inspection. It ain't economics. Somebody doesn't want his engine inspected.

He's not contesting the charges. Brady must be ecstatic, again.

".. I'm not taking it apart on Tuesday.." So what's the difference between being torn down on Friday night at one track and travelling to another track to compete on Saturday night? It's not like you're doing much the next day until the racing program starts. Besides that, you're competing at the same track the next day so there's no extended travel involved.

"..and I'm not taking it apart in this dirt in New Smyrna. It's a racing motor, not a street motor.." Nice! First, knock the facility that has hosted these shows for decades and given you a place to compete during speedweeks. Keep in mind they have paid you plenty of purse money over the years too. What a class act Ted is. Second, spend all that money to get down there and spend all the money to go back early because you don't want to get dirt on your shoes, back, or knees? Really? Serious?

".. Dealing with a lot of cry babies here.." Stay and take your medicine like a man or leave and look like a complete horses hind end. He chose the latter because he is what he's accusing his competitors of being in that statement. Someone is following the rules and putting up money for a protest, as the rules state. He doesn't want to be subjected to the rules because he knew they would be found illegal and would've had to put the motor back together regardless.

He should have taken his medicine. Get dq'd. Put the motor back together with legal parts and come back to compete the next night like a real racer would. It might have saved any remaining respect that fans and competitors still had for him.

CynthiaTork
02-22-2012, 08:18 PM
I guess it was in 201o after Waterford that Jor Brady threatened to sue the MRS after a DQ. It's mentioned in the press release here about the Stafford DQ

http://www.racerhub.com/forum/showthread.php?23822-TC-DQed-at-Stafford

CTtoPA
02-22-2012, 08:33 PM
I watched a modified team at Accord put a head gasket in right there in the pits and go out and win the feature. While not advised, opening up a motor outside isnt a death sentence for your powerplant.

modfan4ever
02-22-2012, 09:59 PM
Ok everybody has their own opinion about TC ,know matter what series he runs he still cheats like in the mod tour,sk's at thompson , stafford and waterford and whatever track he runs he's got the money to do that..they should protest him every time he gets a top 5 finish and maybe this will stop and make racing fun again...and stop pissing people off.....

CuriousGeorge
02-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Good job Mr Preece :applause: Takes some guts to protest like that :applause:

We all know this is just the beginning of whats going to be a great Modified season.

skbob
02-22-2012, 10:55 PM
during tech on Thursday they bubbled the motor & determined it was too big.
they let them race it for 2 nights and they were supposed to change it.
the same with the illegal headers.
Monday they found illegal fuel in the car & made them pump it out & run the fuel that was sold at the track. Teddy said "I'm not buying fuel" the officials said leave. he bought fuel.

IN RYAN PREESES' INTERVIEW IN TCH LIVE UPDATES HE SAID JOHN JENSEN TRIED TO GET BETWEEN HIM AND TEDDY WAS TOTALY WRONG.
JENSEN WAS IN FRONT OF BOTH OF THEM.
TEDDY GAVE JENSEN A HARD SHOT GOING INTO THE FIRST TURN TO TAKE HIM OUT BUT JOHN STOOD HIS GROUND TC WENT INTO THE FIRST TURN WALL & PREESE SPUN TO THE BOTTOM ON THE LAST LAP.

how do I know thats what really happened?
I do tires for John Jensen & spot for him.

Tuesday night after Teddy's win,
WORD HAS IT THAT Presses' father got some people together to protest TC's motor.
they would'nt tear it down in those conditions. GOOD ONE. THEY LEFT.
what does that tell you?

TC's a great wheelman and puts on a great show no matter where he runs.
I just don't understand why he feels he has to cheat to such an extreme when he comes down here to race.maybe to dominate & not just win.
I've known Teddy for over 20 yrs. from when I started running my own SK MOD & he always helped me out.

I'm only speaking the truth here from what I've seen & heard down here.

If any of the Chrome Horn people are down here please stop by John Jensen's 19 mod trailer & say HI.

stoningtonmodmania
02-22-2012, 11:09 PM
You usually dont accuse someone with cheating unless your cheating your self... Tc had one car one engine... They knew that... If you cant beat him on the track beat him with the rule book...

csg
02-22-2012, 11:12 PM
How much did it cost to protest the engine? I will admit I dont know how much work would be involved in tearing down the engine and getting in put back together again. Could it be done in one day, so they wouldnt miss the following nights race? How much does it cost to do it? Does TC and the team get any financial compensation if you tear down the engine and it is deemed legal?

I agree you look guilty, leaving and not going through the inspection. You are not going to win the battle of public opinion sneaking off in the middle of the night. That being said, it stinks not having TC at New Smyrna. Like him or hate him he is a big part of the show, a show that this year is a little light on cars. Losing a competitive car who was going to run every night is disappointing. Perhaps drivers and car owners didnt participate at New Smyrna because they speculated there was rampant cheating taking place and this will help the car counts later in the week and next year. How come you rarely hear of this happening with the dirt cars? I have been watching the races at Volusia and I havent heard of a DQ yet, and at New Smyrna every night someone is getting thrown out after the finish.

skbob
02-22-2012, 11:25 PM
This is crazy. Refusing a protest is not an admission of guilt. What is the payoff for winning the race, and what is the cost to rebuild? It may simply not make financial sense, but then again, neither does going to NS for the week. The other infractions are hearsay. Have you heard an official make the claims? They may not have been reported because they don't exist. And sending home guys for failing tech will not raise the car counts; I truly doubt anyone stayed home because TC would be there running illegally. And finally, I saw the video of the last lap. Was Hossfeld right behind TC? So if TC was illegal, then chances are, so was Hossfeld. Why hasn't that been reported?????

sorry Mudcat but YOU ARE TOTALY WRONG. refusing a protest AND leaving for the rest of the rest of the week is CERTAINLY IS an admission of guilt.
the other infractions are NOT hearsay.

I WAS IN THE INSPECTION LINE.
Hossfelds' motor was within limits

this is the FIRST time TC & Brady ever loaded up and left.

WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU?

Acadia
02-22-2012, 11:27 PM
All that is needed would be to take the heads off. That is nothing serious at all. With that, the valves can be checked, CR, and the bore and stroke can be measured. Also, before that happens, the intake should be pressure tested. Nothing major here, the block will be left intact. It's easy and not risky. I've seen heads get pulled after a Loudon race. No big deal.

If you walk around the pits, you'll see a car with a head off once in a while. It's not a tragedy.

stoningtonmodmania
02-22-2012, 11:32 PM
They wanted to take the crank out and weigh it. This involves alot more then a pressure test.

skbob
02-22-2012, 11:36 PM
How much did it cost to protest the engine? I will admit I dont know how much work would be involved in tearing down the engine and getting in put back together again. Could it be done in one day, so they wouldnt miss the following nights race? How much does it cost to do it? Does TC and the team get any financial compensation if you tear down the engine and it is deemed legal?

I agree you look guilty, leaving and not going through the inspection. You are not going to win the battle of public opinion sneaking off in the middle of the night. That being said, it stinks not having TC at New Smyrna. Like him or hate him he is a big part of the show, a show that this year is a little light on cars. Losing a competitive car who was going to run every night is disappointing. Perhaps drivers and car owners didnt participate at New Smyrna because they speculated there was rampant cheating taking place and this will help the car counts later in the week and next year. How come you rarely hear of this happening with the dirt cars? I have been watching the races at Volusia and I havent heard of a DQ yet, and at New Smyrna every night someone is getting thrown out after the finish.

it's been going on for years, but after last year when they caught the Partridge team cheating, they decided to crack down on the flagrant cheaters.
if you claim you're running under this santioning bodys rules.... you'd better comply to that sanctioning bodys rules. ... period.

Acadia
02-22-2012, 11:38 PM
Enough infractions could have been found before they got near the crank to DQ. A light crank alone wasn't making that horsepower.

But if they were going after the crank, then they really mean business in dealing with this crap.

They wanted to take the crank out and weigh it. This involves alot more then a pressure.

stoningtonmodmania
02-22-2012, 11:41 PM
The point of the protest was for the crank they could not check anything else but the crank for the protest

Acadia
02-22-2012, 11:46 PM
That's a very shrewd move if true. But you know that other stuff would have been exposed in the process.

The point of the protest was for the crank they could not check anything else but the crank for the protest

Acadia
02-23-2012, 12:00 AM
It's called "no contest" or "nolo contendere". Simply, it means that the accused does not accept or deny responsibility, but agrees to accept punishment.
Why would someone refuse to defend themselves and accept punishment as if guilty? Why would someone impose punishment upon themselves if they weren't guilty?

stoningtonmodmania
02-23-2012, 12:08 AM
http://www.facebook.com/notes/dana-thomas/short-track-politics-speedweeks-style-new-smyrna-speedway-2012-tc-and-crew-pull-/10150637854883841?notif_t=note_reply

Magicshoes12
02-23-2012, 07:17 AM
It's called "no contest" or "nolo contendere". Simply, it means that the accused does not accept or deny responsibility, but agrees to accept punishment.
Why would someone refuse to defend themselves and accept punishment as if guilty? Why would someone impose punishment upon themselves if they weren't guilty?

It's because they wanted to take the crank out and inspect it. It would have been one thing to take the pan off and look at it, but to tear it out and inspect it is another. I'm not a TC fan, but from what I heard, it wasn't his motor and you are also looking at big dollars to put the motor back together. Just like TC said, he would but on a Tuesday night in the dirt and sand at New Smyrna its just not worth it. I'd take the 5 grand it would cost to do all that and go back home and prep for waterford or something else with the 00 car.

NC Mudcat
02-23-2012, 08:04 AM
sorry Mudcat but YOU ARE TOTALY WRONG. refusing a protest AND leaving for the rest of the rest of the week is CERTAINLY IS an admission of guilt.
the other infractions are NOT hearsay.

I WAS IN THE INSPECTION LINE.
Hossfelds' motor was within limits

this is the FIRST time TC & Brady ever loaded up and left.

WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU?

Just because we disagree does not make me wrong, especially "totaly" wrong. My opinion is as right, or wrong, as yours.

The other infractions are hearsay, defined as "Unverified information heard or received from another; rumor." Hossfeld said "I HEARD they were caught with fuel already this week, I HEARD the compression was high, I HEARD something else, oh they had spacers in the headers....." Is this verified? If not, it's HEARSAY.

Hossfeld's motor was within limits? Did it get torn down to the crank? Just curious.

To set the record straight, I think they should have torn down, but they didn't. I have been a racer, and have refused a teardown when the motor was completely legal, for a number of reasons. Is his motor wrong: maybe, but there can be reasons for not tearing down, and the reasons can be something other than an illegal motor.

Axel
02-23-2012, 08:43 AM
Put a claimer rule in place!

I don’t know the specifics either, wasn’t there and don’t know the intricacies of tearing an engine apart. But on the face of it, TC and Brady leaving after this doesn’t inspire confidence in everyone playing by the same rules.

I am really looking forward to this season -- should be a fun one with lots of off the track stuff happening too!

Acadia
02-23-2012, 10:12 AM
That might seem like a lot of money, but for running the speedweeks event, it's trivial cost. It cost almost that much to put the RF back together after the scrape with the wall. And things like that are going to happen a few times during the week. Many times that will be spent repairing and rebuilding a car during the event. If you had any idea what it costs to run speedweeks, you would know that an inspection is just noise. It wasn't economics.

Engines are torn down and inspected at the track... no big deal at all. Well, except for the rules infractions that are exposed. I don't think anyone expects the engine to be torn down in the dirt and sand, but in a trailer. Those trailers are shops on wheels. Teams have taken the engines apart on their own in the field before, it's not unusual at all. Look at the NHRA... they build and rebuild engines down to the bearings between rounds, in about 45 minutes, as standard operating procedure. I go to the NHRA event in Reading, PA and watch the Top Fuel teams rebuild their motors, down to the crank bearings, in the dirt. The normal replacement of cranks in the open and in the pits is even televised in the NHRA. The cranks are replaced during "pit stops" in the NHRA between rounds. Crank and rod bearings are replaced every round. A top fuel crank costs as much as a tour motor. Stop presenting and believing that tearing down the engine was detrimental to the well being of the engine or cost prohibitive, it's just not so.

And as far as the day goes, Tuesday was a great day to do the inspection since it was so early in the event and there was so much more racing left. If it was late in the week and only a day or two left, maybe refusing to go along with the inspection would be sensible, especially if not placed well in points. As far as timing, Tuesday was every reason to agree with the inspection. Bailing with most of the event yet to run was not a good move.

I am extremely impressed with the protest. It shows that the competitors are fed up and it was a brilliant move to mount this protest. As someone said earlier, this can't be won on the track, so beat them with the rules. Great move!!!

Can someone explain the details of the protest? As in what happens to the money that was put up? In this case, is it returned to those that initiated the protest?

It's because they wanted to take the crank out and inspect it. It would have been one thing to take the pan off and look at it, but to tear it out and inspect it is another. I'm not a TC fan, but from what I heard, it wasn't his motor and you are also looking at big dollars to put the motor back together. Just like TC said, he would but on a Tuesday night in the dirt and sand at New Smyrna its just not worth it. I'd take the 5 grand it would cost to do all that and go back home and prep for waterford or something else with the 00 car.

Acadia
02-23-2012, 11:06 AM
Here's from skbob:

"during tech on Thursday they bubbled the motor & determined it was too big.
Monday they found illegal fuel in the car & made them pump it out & run the fuel that was sold at the track. Teddy said "I'm not buying fuel" the officials said leave. he bought fuel."

Well????? What do you have to say about skbob's report? I love tech inspection, it can be as entertaining as the race.

NC Mudcat, if I say that 2 + 2 = 4, and you say 2 + 2 = 63.94857, not only do we disagree, but you are wrong, totally wrong. It's not a matter of difference of opinion.

You folks need to pay attention. Stuff like this goes on all the time, the officials let the offenders know of minor or marginal issues and tell them to make sure it never happens again. But sometimes they keep it up, or go even further. Then they get the book thrown at them and the groupies and fanboys that don't know what has gone on in the background cry foul, conspiracy, hater, favoritism, yadayadayada.

When something like this happens, it has been simmering for a loooooooooong time over plenty of smaller issues, plenty of rope has been spooled out, and the offenders did it to themselves.

These things are never a surprise. Just a matter of when, not if. When I go to the track, I'm wondering if this is going to be the time...

Good for NSS and those that protested.

Just because we disagree does not make me wrong, especially "totaly" wrong. My opinion is as right, or wrong, as yours.

The other infractions are hearsay, defined as "Unverified information heard or received from another; rumor." Hossfeld said "I HEARD they were caught with fuel already this week, I HEARD the compression was high, I HEARD something else, oh they had spacers in the headers....." Is this verified? If not, it's HEARSAY.

Hossfeld's motor was within limits? Did it get torn down to the crank? Just curious.

To set the record straight, I think they should have torn down, but they didn't. I have been a racer, and have refused a teardown when the motor was completely legal, for a number of reasons. Is his motor wrong: maybe, but there can be reasons for not tearing down, and the reasons can be something other than an illegal motor.

JE711618
02-23-2012, 01:46 PM
You can talk about how unless you have been through it or politics and what not until you're blue in the face, but there's politics in every sport even little league or high school sports. Either abide by the rules, politics or not, and take your medicine or find something else to occupy your time. Think of it this way...

Back in 2000 when they had the inaugural running of the USGP at Indy, fans paid up to $250 for a seat. About an hour before the race was set to run the clouds opened up for one nasty 1/2 long down pour. Most fans left their seats unprepared for the weather and many left altogether giving their $75 - $250 tickets away on the way to their cars. Being formula one, the race went off on time as scheduled. On the way home after the race and well after getting back home the radio stations and TV stations out of Terra Haute and Indianapolis were running interviews with angry fans who were upset because; 1. They were unaware that formula one ran rain or shine. and 2. Because of that they gave away their tickets because it didn't have a "rain date" scheduled.. The television stations were even critical of IMS for running the event in the rain..

My point is; If your going to spend all that money, make the commitment and make the trip then you best do your homework, be prepared and know what you're getting into prior to spending all that cash. Otherwise, sooner or later, you wind up doing something stupid and looking like a jackwagon in front of everyone when you can only point the finger at yourself.

In Ted's case, as naturally talented of a driver he is, there exists a track record of infractions with the car being found illegal, in question or, just recently, refusing to adhere to clearly stated rules. His own actions set himself up as the subject of scrutiny and directly placed him in the position he found himself in on Tuesday night. Plain and simple, if you dominate and bring home the trophy and cash more often than not you better expect to be protested (especially when you're behind the wheel of a car that has had some questionable technical history). The many excuses he listed in that posted you tube interview doesn't hold a bit of water. Heck, if it was your child giving an equal amount of excuses in one sitting it would leave you with the confused-dog-cocked-head-look.

worm
02-23-2012, 05:39 PM
maybe that is why the 00 does not run any more tour races, not legal any more

bud
02-23-2012, 07:14 PM
SO BIG "A" TELL US HOW YOU REALLY FEEL.....LOL So for one they didn't find Him with illegal fuel they told him he had to run the track fuel.
I actually find the protest part a bit funny as when we all raced karts together everytime I won that SOB would pay to have my motor teched.....lol.
On the not so funny side a lot of people invested a ton of time and money on this trip. The track wonders why Silk Rocco and others dont show up.
It's this kinda thing. Whats the point? So "A" are you a motor builder? would you attempt to put that motor back together? BTW THIS ISNT NHRA 1/4
MILE AT A TIME.......DUH. Why do you think they buy the motor.......Ted's a lover and a driver....lol......not a motor builder. Pretty simple. Mr Brady
has top notch equipment as I owned a former Brady car. We ran the Thompson 300 one yr....... Note I said one yr as spending $6500 for one race is way
out of my ability to fund. That race was way back in 84. Jimmy Spencer, Reggie, and many others drove that car. We finished 20th out of 50. pay out was $1000.
As far as pushing the rules ALL FRONT RUNNING TEAMS DO THIS.......ALL OF THEM! I remember the spring sizzler that evans and spencer both got bounced during
quailifing........both with hutter motors......does that make evans a cheater......no way. the valve that was .002 under sized at waterford on the 00 was a huge deal.
One freakin valve.....oh boy. TED RUBS A LOT OF PEOPLE THE WRONG WAY TFB! HE HAS EARNED HIS STRUT! HE IS THE MAN!
Now Big "A" you appear to be a smart man......If you were going to cheat......would you bring a car with 15+ illegal items (AS RUMORED BY SK BOB) to make it easier to find one.......no...
Hey remember the night at stafford they found a nitrous bottle in reggies fire suit. OMG that took balls! So I guess all you haters believe Ted Marsh's BNN car, the
Supers the Midget, and every other car that Ted has stepped in and won sight unseen were all illegal too. Yup that GTP car at the 24 hrs of Daytona im sure was no
where close to legal thats why he was leading that race at one point too ......lmao he does not need to cheat.......REMEMBER "GOD" LIVES IN PLAINVILLE CONN!
AS JOHNNY C OJ'S FAMOUS LAWYER ONCE SAID I REST MY CASE!:cool:

bud
02-23-2012, 07:17 PM
Worm He just wins southern tour races with that car.......OMG.....LOL He runs those races because there is absolutely no tech down there!

uticamike
02-23-2012, 07:57 PM
(lmao he does not need to cheat.)

Then why does he? His "I just driver the car " line he uses on the WMT isn't flying anymore.

It's about time. I hope people (other racers) keep up the pressure and maybe the sport will

end up in a better place. The MRS isn't up for the TC show and it looks like NSS for what ever reason

has made a investment in the future. Ted should clean up his act, come back and show everybody

just how good he REALLY is.

bud
02-24-2012, 03:38 AM
Ok mike.....I seem to remember someone with the initials M H that got bounced at twinstate.......... They borrow that carb from Ted? Has he won a MRS race since? Just asking....lol

RLP
02-24-2012, 07:58 AM
To me it was a pussy move by a few people who just dont like TC or cant beat him on the track. They knew he only had one motor and would not tear it aapart on Tuesday because they wouldnt do it themselves legal or not. got more heresay heard no motor teardowns until saturday in 2013. dont know how you could be proud of being champ of this speedweeks But holy crap did they tear up some stuff at the dirt track

NC Mudcat
02-24-2012, 08:20 AM
Here's from skbob:

Monday they found illegal fuel in the car & made them pump it out & run the fuel that was sold at the track. Teddy said "I'm not buying fuel" the officials said leave. he bought fuel."

Well????? What do you have to say about skbob's report? I love tech inspection, it can be as entertaining as the race.

NC Mudcat, if I say that 2 + 2 = 4, and you say 2 + 2 = 63.94857, not only do we disagree, but you are wrong, totally wrong. It's not a matter of difference of opinion.

Wow, what a jerk! What was told by Hossfeld, and we have it on tape, was hearsay. If there is proof, and it really happened, then I am good with calling it fact. Until now, I had seen no word that it was fact. Now I have it from the guy who is either the tech man or the guy that was standing beside the tech man, so I'll say it is no longer hearsay. That's what I have to say about skbob's report.

In your stupid illustration, you are correct in that I would be wrong. But we are not talking about a math problem, we are talking about something that is an opinion. I said earlier that I had refused a protest once and for reason other than being illegal. Here's the story, and it was from gokart racing, so I will apologize in advance if that does not suffice. I won a race on Friday night and got protested. The race paid $100 to win, big money back in the day. The engine was completely legal and had been torn down numerous times. In this case, I had a race the next night at a track where I was leading the points, and it was the last night of the season. In addition, I owned one engine, and my engine man was not available to rebuild the engine before the next night's race. So I refused tech, lost $100, and took the heat for having an "illegal" engine. I raced Saturday night, won the race, got protested by same "1st loser" again, tore the engine down, had it deemed legal, claimed the purse, the trophy and the championship. So back to my original "OPINION" there are reasons not to tear down. If you disagree, then you are wrong.

Acadia
02-24-2012, 09:13 AM
Was that the engine that was measured at something like 383 cu. in.? 12.3 CR? Those aren't even marginal problems. I guess we won't know for sure this time. How can anyone race legal against that and expect to be competitive? No one legal is going to be able to beat that on the track. And the way this gets dealt with is the rulebook. That's why there are rules. It was a great move by those that protested.

Does anyone really believe that if the 00 competed the entire week, that the engine would be inspected at the end of the event?

It looks like there was great competitive racing at NSS last night. Thank those that protested.

To me it was a pussy move by a few people who just dont like TC or cant beat him on the track. They knew he only had one motor and would not tear it aapart on Tuesday because they wouldnt do it themselves legal or not. got more heresay heard no motor teardowns until saturday in 2013. dont know how you could be proud of being champ of this speedweeks But holy crap did they tear up some stuff at the dirt track

RLP
02-24-2012, 10:09 AM

Ill play devils advocate with myself, after reading sk bobs piece its possable those people used the rule to inforce something that the track wasnt if it failed compression test before first race they shouldnt have raced but what can i say im a biased tc fan and its not the same without him there it sort of ruined it for me any way off to dirt track for 1st half of double header then to Evans 100 woo hoo

stoningtonmodmania
02-24-2012, 10:28 AM
Im supprised with all the blame you ppl put on tc imvsuporised your not blaming him for the wrecks last night.. It amazes me how much you can blame on one guy. It also impresses me how you think you can tear an engine down and put it back together in an hour.

JE711618
02-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Am I reading this right? An actual auto racing fan that would be okay with the rules being thrown out the window and would be fine with watching what could very well turn out to be a sham-week of racing results? Think about it.. What would that do for next years events there? What kind of fan or competitor would show up the next year if something like that happened.

What's the difference between being protested on Friday night while running a typical Friday, Saturday, Sunday schedule at three different tracks during the season and being torn down on Tuesday while running Speedweeks at New Smyrna? No travel time while competing? The rules are the rules. There's a reason why rules are in place and other than safety issues I don't believe a rule should be changed just because one driver (the one who had a protest filed against his car) doesn't feel it's fair. For a driver of Ted's calibre there's no excuse for turning tail and running.

If Richie, Maynard, Kent, etc. were protested at New Smyrna do you honestly believe they would have packed up and left? It's called character.

Please drop the "He left because they only had one motor with them and everyone knew it". You think if they blew up on Monday they wouldn't have gotten another in the car for Tuesday? Travel all that way with no plan B? Sorry, I wasn't born yesterday. He packed up and left after calling fellow competitors a bunch of cry babies, putting down the facility he's competing at and lined his pockets for many years, and for all intense and purposes refused to follow rule procedures and for what? He better get used to more tear downs this year. He's set himself up for it.

limodmaniac
02-24-2012, 11:25 AM
All I know, is that I thought the racing was great last night! Love the modifieds!

Acadia
02-24-2012, 11:28 AM
NC Mudcat,

I'm glad :applause: that you accept the report by skbob, which is just what Hossfeld repeated. I expect he'd only repeat what he knows to be factual, hence what he says is as good as watching the tech line. The last thing these guys want is a war due to spreading rumors. I think these guys go out of their way to avoid discussing actual infractions of others.

You need to understand the frequency at which this sort thing happens with TC, and the TC/00 pairing. Given their history of infractions, if they are protested, I would think that they would jump at the opportunity to prove they are clean, regardless of when, if just to stick it to the protesters. Given your go-kart example, I agree with what you did, but that is not this situation. The subject of this discussion is a history of infractions. With a history like that, the accused should be willing to jump at an opportunity to prove they are legit and prevail. And with TC's mechanical and technical expertise as reported by bud, :wave: he should have been able to do the teardown, rebuild, and been ready for the next race. These guys are hard core racers, they live for this stuff. :D The protest was a competition and they ran away calling their accusers crybabies. ;)

Someone please explain the protest. How much $$$ was put up to mount the protest, and how much would have gone to the 00 if they were found to be legal?

Wow, what a jerk! What was told by Hossfeld, and we have it on tape, was hearsay. If there is proof, and it really happened, then I am good with calling it fact. Until now, I had seen no word that it was fact. Now I have it from the guy who is either the tech man or the guy that was standing beside the tech man, so I'll say it is no longer hearsay. That's what I have to say about skbob's report.

In your stupid illustration, you are correct in that I would be wrong. But we are not talking about a math problem, we are talking about something that is an opinion. I said earlier that I had refused a protest once and for reason other than being illegal. Here's the story, and it was from gokart racing, so I will apologize in advance if that does not suffice. I won a race on Friday night and got protested. The race paid $100 to win, big money back in the day. The engine was completely legal and had been torn down numerous times. In this case, I had a race the next night at a track where I was leading the points, and it was the last night of the season. In addition, I owned one engine, and my engine man was not available to rebuild the engine before the next night's race. So I refused tech, lost $100, and took the heat for having an "illegal" engine. I raced Saturday night, won the race, got protested by same "1st loser" again, tore the engine down, had it deemed legal, claimed the purse, the trophy and the championship. So back to my original "OPINION" there are reasons not to tear down. If you disagree, then you are wrong.

stoningtonmodmania
02-24-2012, 11:29 AM
Am I reading this right? An actual auto racing fan that would be okay with the rules being thrown out the window and would be fine with watching what could very well turn out to be a sham-week of racing results? Think about it.. What would that do for next years events there? What kind of fan or competitor would show up the next year if something like that happened.

What's the difference between being protested on Friday night while running a typical Friday, Saturday, Sunday schedule at three different tracks during the season and being torn down on Tuesday while running Speedweeks at New Smyrna? No travel time while competing? The rules are the rules. There's a reason why rules are in place and other than safety issues I don't believe a rule should be changed just because one driver (the one who had a protest filed against his car) doesn't feel it's fair. For a driver of Ted's calibre there's no excuse for turning tail and running.

If Richie, Maynard, Kent, etc. were protested at New Smyrna do you honestly believe they would have packed up and left? It's called character.
Please drop the "He left because they only had one motor with them and everyone knew it". You think if they blew up on Monday they wouldn't have gotten another in the car for Tuesday? Travel all that way with no plan B? Sorry, I wasn't born yesterday. He packed up and left after calling fellow competitors a bunch of cry babies, putting down the facility he's competing at and lined his pockets for many years, and for all intense and purposes refused to follow rule procedures and for what? He better get used to more tear downs this year. He's set himself up for it.
Yes your all right getting protested in the beginig of the the week is all good. having to tear up your engine all the way down with out your engine builder no shop and have to do it in the sand pit st new smytna. All it is is ppl with money sick of lossing trying to get rid of the competion hossfelfd preece ect. There will be less cars next year. And if tc ischeating why did Hossfeld say he wouldnt if some1 protested him?

Magicshoes12
02-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Yes your all right getting protested in the beginig of the the week is all good. having to tear up your engine all the way down with out your engine builder no shop and have to do it in the sand pit st new smytna. All it is is ppl with money sick of lossing trying to get rid of the competion hossfelfd preece ect. There will be less cars next year. And if tc ischeating why did Hossfeld say he wouldnt if some1 protested him?

I also like in the video when Hossfeld said that TC was blowing people away and the car was stupid fast "not an exact quote" but they showed the finish and Hossfeld was pretty much running over his bumper, lol....i found that kinda funny but maybe i'm the only one

MJProcko
02-24-2012, 01:08 PM
The rule book provides for the terms of protest, all teams should know this before they pack up and make a trip to FL.

If you know you are never going to have your crank inspected why in the heck would you ever run a legal one???

There were alot of cars torn down this week in other divisions - more than a few of them were dq'd..... I don't think any of them packed up and went home.

A question for the TC fans, if they waited until Saturday to tear him down and he refused then would you thensay he only should have to lose the pts and money for Sat. night or for the whole week?

Should they tear it down and be found illegal would they not say "well we were only caught for this race, the rest of the week's pts and money should be ours".

What this does show you is just how much dick Brooks has kissed TC's butt that it forced other competitors to put up their own money to get Brooks to enforce the rules he should have been enforcing in the first place. And why should they have to? You adhere to the rules, you pay to enter the race, you should expect the track to be able to enforce the rules and have the piece of mind that your as legal as the next car.

Someone above stated that there would be even less cars next year because of this - I think not. More cars will show because they know they will get a fair shake. Plus thanks to Nascar there will be plenty more mods in town. Now it will be up to NSS to figure out the best way to get them to the track. Maybe run 4 nights, Fri & Sat - off until the 50 lapper Wed & have the Evans memorial on Friday. They shouldbe able to offer more cash to run to since there should be many more fans there too.

bud
02-24-2012, 01:21 PM
It is what it is..... Ted will get his revenge with his bumper and victory lane interviews in a non circus atmosphere. I think its going to be an awesome seasong. Good luck to all involved..... Going to be a lot of sparks flying. In the words of Chad.....you guys handle it!

Acadia
02-24-2012, 01:25 PM
mjp... good points.

It seems that the engine didn't pass first tech since they were given two days to change it. So any race ran with that non-compliant engine is just for fun: no points, no placement, no purse... nothing, just another car on the track that will be instructed to steer clear of the other cars. The 00 would effectively be a car of its own class with nobody to race. And he can be black-flagged at any time. And to make it serious, he has to put up a $25K bond against any damages caused to legal competitors.

Acadia
02-24-2012, 01:36 PM
RLP, great point!!!!!! :cheers: :applause:

I have been waiting and watching to see if and when anyone would pickup on that. It is one of those obvious things that seem to be invisible.

That's why I quoted skbob earlier, just to get it out there again and see if I could get a response to it.

Here it is again:

I thought this place was going to light up like a fireworks show after that. Sounds like the same motor they have been caught with before. Amazing.

Why was that car ever allowed on the track in the first place? :confused:

The discussion over the teardown protest is moot, it never should have gone that far. Were the issues listed by skbob and Hossfeld fixed and all that was left was to challenge the crank weight? :lol: I doubt it, so the engine should not have been allowed for all the infractions already found, not what was suspected and protested.

And you TC groupies are proud of that????? :disgusted The 00 won a race with the car in that condition and you are proud of that? What's exciting and fun about that? :*-( I can't believe people say they miss that!!!! :rolleyes: Can you say asterisk???? * * * * * *

It looks like track tech didn't do what it should have done, :mad: so the competitors had to protest. :mad: The competitors should never have been in this position and effectively forced to take matters into their own hands with a protest.

What an exciting preseason!!! I can't wait for the IceBreaker!!!

Ill play devils advocate with myself, after reading sk bobs piece its possable those people used the rule to inforce something that the track wasnt if it failed compression test before first race they shouldnt have raced but what can i say im a biased tc fan and its not the same without him there it sort of ruined it for me any way off to dirt track for 1st half of double header then to Evans 100 woo hoo

Acadia
02-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Revenge?

Why do you say TC will get his revenge?

Revenge for what?

It is what it is..... Ted will get his revenge with his bumper and victory lane interviews in a non circus atmosphere. I think its going to be an awesome seasong. Good luck to all involved..... Going to be a lot of sparks flying. In the words of Chad.....you guys handle it!

JE711618
02-24-2012, 02:44 PM

I'm happy for you being a TC fan. Good for you, but you're cracking me up making it sound like the officials are going to force a team to roll it over a sand box and start the tear down. Bias with a large helping of over exaggeration is all that is.

As some others as well as myself have stated; You put the cash into the car, you blew all the cash to travel to Florida to compete, you're car has been in question before on more than a few occasions, so you damn well better know the rule book and procedures prior to loading the car up and making the trip.

It's all excuses. I've been looking at it by an official's, fan's, and competitor's view. You continue to look at it as an attack on your favourite driver. I commend that, but don't try to exaggerate the truth. His multiple excuses and his actions in response to a legit protest.

I'll say it again; If Richie, Maynard, Kent, etc. were protested at New Smyrna do you honestly believe they would have packed up and left? It's called character.

Acadia
02-24-2012, 02:57 PM
So can someone please explain how the protest works?

How much money was put up to protest and where does that money go now that the 00 team folded?

And if the protest was a failure in that the engine passed the inspection, how much would the 00 car receive?

stoningtonmodmania
02-24-2012, 03:17 PM
I'm happy for you being a TC fan. Good for you, but you're cracking me up making it sound like the officials are going to force a team to roll it over a sand box and start the tear down. Bias with a large helping of over exaggeration is all that is.

As some others as well as myself have stated; You put the cash into the car, you blew all the cash to travel to Florida to compete, you're car has been in question before on more than a few occasions, so you damn well better know the rule book and procedures prior to loading the car up and making the trip.

It's all excuses. I've been looking at it by an official's, fan's, and competitor's view. You continue to look at it as an attack on your favourite driver. I commend that, but don't try to exaggerate the truth. His multiple excuses and his actions in response to a legit protest.

I'll say it again; If Richie, Maynard, Kent, etc. were protested at New Smyrna do you honestly believe they would have packed up and left? It's called character.
Ok then where were they gonna take it apart and why did hossfeld say he wouldnt take his apart there?

Steve in NC
02-24-2012, 03:19 PM
Regardless of who was protested or who submitted the protest, how about this perspective:

Were any rules broken in filing the protest or in asking the #00 car to tear down? From all that I have read and heard nothing. In other words the rules were inforced period.

AND here is the most important factor: When everyone filled out the entry form, paid the money, and towed to FL, they knew the rules going into NSS speedweeks period.

This is no different than if Ted towed to FL won the race and the promoter paid him $500 for winning. If $500 was the advertised winners share on the entry form that Ted filled out and then he decides after the race to whine. He has no leg to stand on. Don't whine about the rules AFTER the race. Go whine somewhere else Ted.

Was there politics involved in the protest based on past "issues" with the driver of the #00.... could very well be. And maybe.. just maybe if he wasn't such and attitude boy and bent up so much equipment along the way to where he stands today this protest may not have happened. But it did, it followed the rules, he refused tear down.... go home.

enough said.

Steve

Acadia
02-24-2012, 04:49 PM
If you are of the belief that there is no way an engine inspection can be performed at NSS, then you had better make sure that you are never suspected of an engine in fraction such that you would be required to tear down because you'll just have to leave and give up the opportunity to race. :D

That's your choice. But it ain't gonna look good at all, especially if you already have a very dubious history.

Ok then where were they gonna take it apart and why did hossfeld say he wouldnt take his apart there?

stoningtonmodmania
02-24-2012, 05:24 PM
If you are of the belief that there is no way an engine inspection can be performed at NSS, then you had better make sure that you are never suspected of an engine in fraction such that you would be required to tear down because you'll just have to leave and give up the opportunity to race. :D

That's your choice. But it ain't gonna look good at all, especially if you already have a very dubious history.

You still havent anserd my question about hossfeld. Why did he say he wouldnt tear his up down there?

Acadia
02-24-2012, 05:34 PM
I didn't see/hear Hossfeld say he wouldn't tear down. Hence the question doesn't deserve an answer.

And what would that have to do with TC folding?

As has been stated, there have been tear downs in other divisions at NSS this week. No problems reported as a result of the tear down. Looks like TC was the only one to leave instead of defending himself.

You still havent anserd my question about hossfeld. Why did he say he wouldnt tear his up down there?

Jonboy_4x
02-24-2012, 05:46 PM
If they werent cheating he would have let them tech the motor,and prove he was not cheating. Then take the protest money,the nights winnings and car and go the hell home. Or even take motor to a sanitary place and reassemble it come back and race rest of week or atleast for re 100 tonight. He didnt and its not because he didnt want to take a "race motor apart in the sand at new smyrna speedway" come on now he was illegal everyone but the tc fanboys know that. Anyone thats wasnt cheating would have done it just on principal of someone calling him a cheater.

JE711618
02-24-2012, 06:08 PM

Come on. You're going to stick with the sandbox? A trailer, hauler... I'm sure it wasn't going to be in a sandbox.
Hossfeld said; "I don't know. Probably wouldn't. I'd drink beer on the beach the rest of the week... I don't know."
That's two "I don't know"'s and a "Probably" sandwiched in between. It was followed by what Hossfeld heard what had been going on in regards to the #00 early in the week.

Hossfeld didn't get protested, but if he did refuse and packed up and went home then he too would get scrutinized for turning tail and running. We're talking about who did refuse and run in a trail of insults and excuses. That would be Ted and the #00.

The sad part is, he's going to be packing up at a lot of tracks this year if he's going to refuse a tear down. He's set himself up for many more in 2012 with his reaction and actions at New Smyrna. What then? More calling competitors "cry babies" followed by excuses regarding tearing down in the dirt, gravel, crushed asphalt, river rock, CA6, dust on the asphalt or concrete at Thompson, Stafford, Monadnock, Waterford, etc.? "I'm sorry the floor hasn't been sterilized in the garage enough for a tear down. Come on. It was a lame excuse. You've seen the facts posted on this thread.

JE711618
02-24-2012, 06:32 PM
Regardless of who was protested or who submitted the protest, how about this perspective:

Were any rules broken in filing the protest or in asking the #00 car to tear down? From all that I have read and heard nothing. In other words the rules were inforced period.

AND here is the most important factor: When everyone filled out the entry form, paid the money, and towed to FL, they knew the rules going into NSS speedweeks period.

Couldn't agree with you more. The basics. The rules.

Acadia
02-24-2012, 06:52 PM
The owners of the cars TC drives are the ones that are going to suffer. And the owners of the cars TC wrecks suffer. You think Eric Sanderson is going to put up with TC going after Preece all season for what happened in New Smyrna?

This is going to be a tough year for TC and the owners. The owners suffer for TC's antics.

catfish
02-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Everyone know that the only rule enforced at NSS for a hell of a long time is "No Bare Feet". That and selective enforcement of on track incidents go along way toward why the car count keeps getting worse.

uticamike
02-24-2012, 07:33 PM
Everyone know that the only rule enforced at NSS for a hell of a long time is "No Bare Feet". That and selective enforcement of on track incidents go along way toward why the car count keeps getting worse.

LOL!! Love that. Best post on this entire thread. Brooks crooks they should be called. Good one Cat.

uticamike
02-24-2012, 07:45 PM
Ok mike.....I seem to remember someone with the initials M H that got bounced at twinstate.......... They borrow that carb from Ted? Has he won a MRS race since? Just asking....lol

Weak bud very weak. You know as well as I that the 25 is Rowans ride. Gary called the best driver available to him to fill the seat

in Rowan's absence. I'm not going to get into a long drawn out here but that carb passed tech previously. Matt did not bring that carb

with him. To compare that to the troubles TC and the 00 car have had in recent memory is beyond laughable. Have you ever heard the saying

about not continuing to dig when your in a hole? Your boy TC is getting what he deserves.(finally). For the record I still think he's one of the best

drivers out there in a Mod and many other types but he's too often "over the line" in the pits and on the track. I love rooting against him.

Acadia
02-24-2012, 08:21 PM
Was there a point to this manifesto? :confused:

It looks to be diversion and distraction, irrelevant to the subject of the thread. And somewhat incoherent.

You say he doesn't need to cheat, then why is he getting caught so often? :D

bud, as the leader of the groupies, you aren't making things any better. Hide, stay out of the light.

SO BIG "A" TELL US HOW YOU REALLY FEEL.....LOL So for one they didn't find Him with illegal fuel they told him he had to run the track fuel.
I actually find the protest part a bit funny as when we all raced karts together everytime I won that SOB would pay to have my motor teched.....lol.
On the not so funny side a lot of people invested a ton of time and money on this trip. The track wonders why Silk Rocco and others dont show up.
It's this kinda thing. Whats the point? So "A" are you a motor builder? would you attempt to put that motor back together? BTW THIS ISNT NHRA 1/4
MILE AT A TIME.......DUH. Why do you think they buy the motor.......Ted's a lover and a driver....lol......not a motor builder. Pretty simple. Mr Brady
has top notch equipment as I owned a former Brady car. We ran the Thompson 300 one yr....... Note I said one yr as spending $6500 for one race is way
out of my ability to fund. That race was way back in 84. Jimmy Spencer, Reggie, and many others drove that car. We finished 20th out of 50. pay out was $1000.
As far as pushing the rules ALL FRONT RUNNING TEAMS DO THIS.......ALL OF THEM! I remember the spring sizzler that evans and spencer both got bounced during
quailifing........both with hutter motors......does that make evans a cheater......no way. the valve that was .002 under sized at waterford on the 00 was a huge deal.
One freakin valve.....oh boy. TED RUBS A LOT OF PEOPLE THE WRONG WAY TFB! HE HAS EARNED HIS STRUT! HE IS THE MAN!
Now Big "A" you appear to be a smart man......If you were going to cheat......would you bring a car with 15+ illegal items (AS RUMORED BY SK BOB) to make it easier to find one.......no...
Hey remember the night at stafford they found a nitrous bottle in reggies fire suit. OMG that took balls! So I guess all you haters believe Ted Marsh's BNN car, the
Supers the Midget, and every other car that Ted has stepped in and won sight unseen were all illegal too. Yup that GTP car at the 24 hrs of Daytona im sure was no
where close to legal thats why he was leading that race at one point too ......lmao he does not need to cheat.......REMEMBER "GOD" LIVES IN PLAINVILLE CONN!

stabone
02-24-2012, 10:47 PM

As a matter of fact buuuud the 25 has won since....Thompson, Waterford, Albany Saratoga, Twin State (Rowan Driving) and the last race at LEE!!! All with the same Carb.!! Mike is right, Matt just showed up and drove that day. That is way in the past and our team and officials have moved on. I could write 5 pages of why we were dq'd on that day.If you have any questions or comments stop by the 25 trailer at waterford....I will be there all weekend!!!

Acadia
02-25-2012, 10:00 AM
If you are not running the track fuel, you are running illegal fuel. He was not running track fuel, therefore he was running illegal fuel. Get it? The illegal fuel was pumped out per skbob. Here's skbob's report, "Monday they found illegal fuel in the car & made them pump it out & run the fuel that was sold at the track. Teddy said "I'm not buying fuel" the officials said leave. he bought fuel." :wave: :D LOL

Why show up to play by the rules and this crap goes on? Track tech didn't get the job done. He let a non-compliant engine run and the competitors had to do his job. No wonder car counts are down. :mad:

Extreme high end motors are torn down in the pits all the time. No excuse. NHRA does it as standard operating procedure. They have to rebuild after every run. :-|

Then you say, "would you bring a car with 15+ illegal items (AS RUMORED BY SK BOB)" I didn't see 15+ rumored times from skbob. Please repost these 15+ things you saw from skbob. :rolleyes:

You say, "TED RUBS A LOT OF PEOPLE THE WRONG WAY TFB!" I agree. Look at the carnage after every race. Lots of bent up equipment. :disgusted LOL :lol: :D :p :applause:

"Pushing the rules" is code for cheating. Operating outside the rules is cheating. You say "ALL FRONT RUNNING TEAMS DO THIS.......ALL OF THEM!" and then you say "lmao he does not need to cheat". You admit to cheating and then immediately deny cheating. dude, do you have any idea what you are saying? :confused:

Racing got pretty good these last couple days at NSS all of a sudden. Must have gotten rid of some problems. :D LOL :wave: :cheers: :cool:

Bob T. Racer
02-25-2012, 02:50 PM
Scott with the 00 car told us at the beginning of racing that they had 3 motors.

Acadia
02-25-2012, 03:05 PM
bud, care to comment? LOL

Scott with the 00 car told us at the beginning of racing that they had 3 motors.

bud
02-25-2012, 06:55 PM
First off I am a fan of the 25 car. Point made was all teams get nabbed. Ted being Ted draws more attention. He would have never been protested if Ryan had stayed off his right rear.....musta had something in his eye..... Maybe the overflow of all that illegal fuel.....lmfao. Needs to keep that visor down.... I seem to remember poor Ryan slamming a car on the last lap at stafford and getting a win taken away. Big "A" if u read what I said I said he's a lover and a driver NOT A MOTOR BUILDER. Got that now. That's why the get thier motors from Tony's.......duh. I'm shocked you don't have 15 items lol. I don't think the 16 team needs to worry but that 40 team better have some major sponsorship....lol.
Like I said before...it is what it is......3 motors? Yup ....
And this isn't the NHRA ask any of the owners.....god that's a dumb comparison. Not even one otyf the Hendrick teams would attempt that..... Ur brilliant. BTW i'm headed back out icefishing now.....have fun ripping Teddy. He'll have fun kicking ass once the real racing starts.... Team 25 ill stop by after the racing at monadnock. Rowin and Matty are awesome. I was bustin mike....lol point being even one of the most honest teams get bounced once in a while

ShawnCourchesne
02-25-2012, 07:41 PM
No dog in this fight, and no opinion on whether anybody cheated or didn’t cheat, just amused by the basis of arguments made here.

When did hearsay from the pits become "right hand on the bible" sworn absolute 100 percent inarguable fact? If every driver ever in the history of racing was disqualified based on what other drivers or crew members or people hanging around the track said they heard was cheated up on their cars there’d be a whole bunch of closed down short tracks across America because there would be no cars left to race.

Joe Racer said “he heard” this. JohnBoyPitCart said "he saw" that. BillyBobFenceFan said he gave ‘em the illegal stuff. Curtis' uncle’s girlfriend has a second cousin who is neighbors with this guy who met another guy at the mall who said he heard from a motor builder in Tallahasee that the guy racing in Connecticut is using an illegal carb. It’s hilarious. If they were cheating they were cheating, if they weren’t they weren’t, but making Gone With The Wind length arguments based on what someone on a video said they “heard” or what a crew member said they “heard” is just laughable.

Acadia
02-25-2012, 08:43 PM
We're not talking about all teams, so don't go making a distraction away from the subject, "TC all done?!?!?!?". We're talking about your boy.

bud, if a Hendrick team was protested, it would be a huge mistake to refuse to cooperate with the protest and then pack up and run. I think the Hendrick team would cooperate with any request to teardown. I think the sponsors would have a huge problem if a Hendrick team refused to comply with a teardown. bud, you are making apples-to-kumquat comparisons. That dog ain't gonna hunt. And then they would put another engine in since they bring a few spares. The 00 team had 3 motors and every opportunity to take the offending engine out of operation. They refused to change out the non-conforming engine, they refused to show their cards when called out. They folded and ran. So bud, again the teardown issue is moot and irrelevant since... they could have done the teardown, allowed the inspection, safely packed the engine for transport back to the engine builder, and put in a different engine. And if all was well with the inspection, they would have gotten the protest money. You see???? No problem. Anyone can take an engine apart. Certainly those of such skill on the TC team. It's about tearing the engine down for inspection, packing it up and shipping it home. Not reassembling it at the track. You see??? The protest teardown was not an issue. They had ample spare motors. Since they had spare motors weakens your indefensible position even further, if that could be possible.

The protest had nothing to do with the accident. It had everything to do with track tech failing to take that engine out of service.

And this is just priceless... "point being even one of the most honest teams get bounced once in a while" <smh>

Most honest???? Like semi-boneless ham??? LOL

bud, pay attention to the frequency that infractions occur and who is associated with those infractions. There's one name that stands out far above the rest.

First off I am a fan of the 25 car. Point made was all teams get nabbed. Ted being Ted draws more attention. He would have never been protested if Ryan had stayed off his right rear.....musta had something in his eye..... Maybe the overflow of all that illegal fuel.....lmfao. Needs to keep that visor down.... I seem to remember poor Ryan slamming a car on the last lap at stafford and getting a win taken away. Big "A" if u read what I said I said he's a lover and a driver NOT A MOTOR BUILDER. Got that now. That's why the get thier motors from Tony's.......duh. I'm shocked you don't have 15 items lol. I don't think the 16 team needs to worry but that 40 team better have some major sponsorship....lol.
Like I said before...it is what it is......3 motors? Yup ....
And this isn't the NHRA ask any of the owners.....god that's a dumb comparison. Not even one otyf the Hendrick teams would attempt that..... Ur brilliant. BTW i'm headed back out icefishing now.....have fun ripping Teddy. He'll have fun kicking ass once the real racing starts.... Team 25 ill stop by after the racing at monadnock. Rowin and Matty are awesome. I was bustin mike....lol point being even one of the most honest teams get bounced once in a while

Howie
02-25-2012, 09:44 PM
Acadia says -
We're not talking about all teams, so don't go making a distraction away from the subject, "TC all done?!?!?!?". We're talking about your boy.

Followed by -
bud, if a Hendrick team was protested, it would be a huge mistake to refuse to cooperate with the protest and then pack up and run. I think the Hendrick team would cooperate with any request to teardown.

This is quite the thread - good reading, repetitious, but interesting points of view.

Sicklajoie
02-25-2012, 10:34 PM
This is quite the thread - good reading, repetitious, but interesting points of view.

Where's the "Like" button for Howie!!! LOL

TnLRacing
02-26-2012, 07:53 AM
The protest had nothing to do with the accident. It had everything to do with track tech failing to take that engine out of service.

So when the person that filled the protest told Teds tire guy, "F*ck Ted he ruined my week so I'll ruin his" That had nothing to do with the accident?

And for the record the engine in question is not a Tonys engine, but rather a steel headed ROC engine built by Pettit Racing Engines

Acadia
02-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Well, if a car shows up with a big motor that the rest of the field can't compete with and blows away the rest of the field, and track tech doesn't prohibit the engine, then a protest shouldn't be a surprise at all. That big motor ruined the week for many other teams, so why not file the protest? Those that filed the protest did what they had to do to defend against the illegal engine. That's what rules are for.

Again, track tech didn't prohibit the illegal engine from running, so a protest makes perfect sense. The competitors waited, gave the 00 a couple days to change out the engine with one of the spares they brought with them, and when they didn't take the offending motor out, a protest was filed. What's the problem with that? :confused:

Maybe the accident had something to do with it. It could have been the straw that broke the camel's back. Nothing wrong with that, especially given that they were running with a non-compliant engine to begin with. And if TC didn't cause wrecks as often as he does, or get caught with illegal equipment as often as he does, maybe he could avoid situations like this. And if the accident was what triggered the protest, there was no attempt to defend against the protest. Silence speaks volumes. Play nice and get along or someone will whip out the supersize can of whoop-ass.

Do you really want to continue being ignorant of the role that the 00 team had in this debacle? I find it amazing when a car gets nabbed, people are on here crying unfair, conspiracy, diversion, distraction, but they did this and they did that, wahwahwah...

Would they be crybabies? :*-( :*-( :*-( :*-( :*-( LOL :p

And let's not forget that track tech allowed the offending motor to compete. That motor had no place being on the track. Why is that so hard to understand? So instead of complaining about being bounced because of a protest, you'd be here complaining about being bounced in tech. :rolleyes: :eek:

The pics clearly showed the 00 was not using a Tony's engine, bud. :wave: And it doesn't matter, either can be taken apart for inspection, safely packed for transport, and replaced with a spare. :D It would be rather silly to haul all the way to FL for a week long event with only one engine. Many teams on the Tour have entire backup cars when traveling locally. :lol: What lover and driver would haul to FL to be deprived of racing because their only engine goes bad? :D :D :D :lol: bud? LOL :p

I'm still wondering why they didn't changeout the engine when track tech exposed the problems, which then elevated the issue to where a teardown protest was filed.

They were found non-compliant in tech, didn't change the engine, were protested, refused to defend themselves, folded and left. They had more than one opportunity to prevent that from happening. They clearly chose this path, they did it to themselves. They gave themselves another huge heap of negative attention. They pushed and got called out. Nobody did it to them, they did it to themselves.

:wave:

So when the person that filled the protest told Teds tire guy, "F*ck Ted he ruined my week so I'll ruin his" That had nothing to do with the accident?

And for the record the engine in question is not a Tonys engine, but rather a steel headed ROC engine built by Pettit Racing Engines

worm
02-26-2012, 01:56 PM
was there a tour rule on motors this year.wmt only. or all tours motor combos.

bud
02-26-2012, 03:56 PM
It's like teddy sez. Love him or hate him you will always be talkin about him......
Hey. If someone's cheating and gets caught they have to pay the piper.....lol. I'm pretty sure that song I'm no angel was written with teddy I'm mind....lol. Big "A" if you think I'm gonna jump off the roof cause Teddy went home. Your wrong.....lol. Didn't happen at stafford and it won't happen now....lol. Tony's Petitt we know once they are in a tc driven car they seem to have 50 more HP and fixed fuel.... So "A" do you have a favorite driver or you just a hater

uticamike
02-26-2012, 07:15 PM
"It's like teddy sez. Love him or hate him you will always be talkin about him......"

Not unlike Osama bin Laden. (wink):lol:

skbob
02-26-2012, 09:24 PM
I just love all the arm chair racers sitting at home replying to this as if they know whats going on.

first of all, I DON'T REPORT RUMORS OR HEARSAY
I WAS THERE WORKING ON A CAR AND TALKING TO OTHER DRIVERS AND CREW MEMBERS THAT I KNOW. SOME ARE FRIENDS THAT WORK ON THE CAR IN QUESTION.

were you there? I told everybody before to come over to Jensens 19 tour mod to say hi.
the only one that came to the car was the official that took over Brooksy's job.
I also talked to the photographer Jim Dupont.

all I'm saying is you can read into my first post about this the way you want, but you weren't there, you didn't see what was happening and talk to the people that it was happening to.

those who KNOW me know I don't BS, spread rumors ,or hearsay.

if any of the TCH nation come to Daytona anytime send me a private message I'd like to get toghter and have a drink.

SK BOB, S.Daytona, FL

JE711618
02-28-2012, 12:09 PM
I just love all the arm chair racers sitting at home replying to this as if they know whats going on.

first of all, I DON'T REPORT RUMORS OR HEARSAY
I WAS THERE WORKING ON A CAR AND TALKING TO OTHER DRIVERS AND CREW MEMBERS THAT I KNOW. SOME ARE FRIENDS THAT WORK ON THE CAR IN QUESTION.

were you there? I told everybody before to come over to Jensens 19 tour mod to say hi.
the only one that came to the car was the official that took over Brooksy's job.
I also talked to the photographer Jim Dupont.

all I'm saying is you can read into my first post about this the way you want, but you weren't there, you didn't see what was happening and talk to the people that it was happening to.

those who KNOW me know I don't BS, spread rumors ,or hearsay.

if any of the TCH nation come to Daytona anytime send me a private message I'd like to get toghter and have a drink.

SK BOB, S.Daytona, FL

What caught my attention was the reasoning/excuses (that's plural) he gave in the youtube video for refusing the tear down and the way he went about it by slamming the speedway and slamming the competition. As if the tear down would take place in a sandbox, literally. The multiple excuses and slamming of the speedway's facilities to defend his position was uncalled for.

If you win and the car you're driving has recently been under scrutiny then you better have been prepared for someone to throw up the money for a protest.

bud
03-01-2012, 08:43 AM
So speaking of Hendrick......lol. how does one get to be a five time cup champ.....lol? I know bad example. They all do it that is why we have tech guys....... Not cheating till u get caught.

Acadia
03-01-2012, 10:56 AM
Did you make it to China yet? :lol:

So bud, what do you think are the terms and conditions of TC's ride with Whelen? TC's gotta be on double secret probation, although it doesn't seem to be so secret anymore. So what are your deep thoughts on the subject?

So speaking of Hendrick......lol. how does one get to be a five time cup champ.....lol? I know bad example. They all do it that is why we have tech guys....... Not cheating till u get caught.

bud
03-02-2012, 03:28 AM
I'm thinking Ted and Chad may have had a few drinks at the Shark lounge.....lol.
Why would Ted be on probation? Even down here in china I can see that NSS wasn't a NASCAR track. MRS isn't a NASCAR event either. All you got is carb boosters........ That were on 2 cars with the same motor builder ..... Like I said before push the limit or be an also ran.

bud
03-02-2012, 03:31 AM
BTW. Eddy can count. Wins with Ted. Wins for the 5 yrs before Ted....... Just that. Simple!

Lugnuts
03-02-2012, 09:21 AM
This is to hopefully clear up someones question about Hossfeld saying he would not tear down his engine either. I beleive he said in his interview that he probably would and would drink beer the rest of the week at the beach. He stated that that would be tough situation to be put in.

Acadia
03-02-2012, 12:02 PM
I listened to the Hossfeld interview on my home system and he said he probably would.

This is to hopefully clear up someones question about Hossfeld saying he would not tear down his engine either. I beleive he said in his interview that he probably would and would drink beer the rest of the week at the beach. He stated that that would be tough situation to be put in.

Acadia
03-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Posting at 3:28 am and 3:31 am... Losing sleep over this? :eek:

This is eating you up, eh?

:cool:

I'm thinking Ted and Chad may have had a few drinks at the Shark lounge.....lol.
Why would Ted be on probation? Even down here in china I can see that NSS wasn't a NASCAR track. MRS isn't a NASCAR event either. All you got is carb boosters........ That were on 2 cars with the same motor builder ..... Like I said before push the limit or be an also ran.

Acadia
03-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Because he is.

It's been published that they will run a few races and see how things go before they continue. Might have been here, I think I saw it again on SNAFU3613's new blog. Yeah, here it is, "The 2008 Champion, veteran Ted Christopher, is teaming up with Owner Eddie Whelan again. The plan for 2012 is to enter the first few races in the 36 Al-Lee Installations Troyer to see how things pan out and determine from there if they are going to run for the championship." So that's the probation. Nothing to do with NASCAR, NSS, MRS, or any other distraction or diversion you can think of. :disgusted TC is on probation with the team owner. Oh wait, maybe this is the way it is... TC will decide of he wants to stay with the 36 team after a few races. He probably told the team owner that he'll let him know after a few races if he's going to continue to drive. :lol: :D :wave: Yeah, that must be it, silly me. LOL So there could be another "TC all done ?!?!?!?" thread in the near future. LOL

How soon you forget. bud, he was booted from NSS for failing to defend himself. He could have proven he was legal and used one of the spare engines.

Anything else?

Mod Squad
03-03-2012, 12:14 AM
Because he is.

It's been published that they will run a few races and see how things go before they continue. Might have been here, I think I saw it again on SNAFU3613's new blog. Yeah, here it is, "The 2008 Champion, veteran Ted Christopher, is teaming up with Owner Eddie Whelan again. The plan for 2012 is to enter the first few races in the 36 Al-Lee Installations Troyer to see how things pan out and determine from there if they are going to run for the championship." So that's the probation. Nothing to do with NASCAR, NSS, MRS, or any other distraction or diversion you can think of. :disgusted TC is on probation with the team owner. Oh wait, maybe this is the way it is... TC will decide of he wants to stay with the 36 team after a few races. He probably told the team owner that he'll let him know after a few races if he's going to continue to drive. :lol: :D :wave: Yeah, that must be it, silly me. LOL So there could be another "TC all done ?!?!?!?" thread in the near future. LOL

How soon you forget. bud, he was booted from NSS for failing to defend himself. He could have proven he was legal and used one of the spare engines.

Anything else?

First off thanks for reading the blog but that's all it is a blog. It's an opinion based piece not an editorial. The information I posted (not published) was based on information previously reported by another reporter. My blog is a compilation of information that has already been released and my personal opinions and nothing more. Only Mr. Whelan and TC know what will happen in 2012. Neither my blog nor the article that pointed out that information said anything about anybody being on "probation". I think its time to put this to bed already. It seems everyone else has. So with all due respect please don't take anything I've written out of context for the purpose of furthering your argument. Maybe you should ask Mr. Whelan himself. Have a great night.

RGeeProductions
03-03-2012, 02:52 AM
Acadia, it seems you are obsessed with ripping bud apart. We are here to discuss subjects, not pick on members, like what time they post or if he made it to China.
Please get back to simple discussions here as we, admin, have had enough of this.
This thread is now like beating a dead horse. If it keeps up, I will have to close it. If it starts somewhere else, I will suspend privileges for a bit till things cool down.
No discussion on this, this is what it is, period!

Axel
03-03-2012, 06:52 AM
Richie-- can we bring pork roll into this thread??? :)

ShawnCourchesne
03-04-2012, 05:56 PM
Mod Squad,

Acadia has made an art form out of declaring fourth party hearsay as a 100 percent fact and also taking what is reported in articles and blowing the context totally away from what any of the reporting actually said. It's one thing to state opinions as your own, it's another to take the work or words of other people and then twist them into your own little fantasy reality. 90 percent of what Acadia writes here is taking the words of others and twisting them into his little Acadia In Wonderland ridiculous fantasies. As the person that reported the information here being twisted concerning some sort of imaginary probation, I can state there was nothing of the sort talked about in any way. That someone here is taking that story and twisting that into their little fantasy hopes is really pathetic.

bud
03-04-2012, 08:23 PM
So some of us work for a living..... I choose to go in way early on the weekends and some weekdays. I am actually blessed to be working for a company that is doing very well in this economy.
They had announced early last year we were headed to the big "C" but decided that the quality wasn't there. To work for a company that appreciates thier workers and is willing to give you a 1,000 dollar bonus for working just 6 hrs on a sat and sun is unbelievable today. I'm a very happy man in those regards. As far as the big "A" goes I don't mind him. The fact he gives me so much press kinda impresses me! I mean I think Teddy might be second on his hate list now.......omg too funny. So the one thing he needs to face is for ages.....since the dawn of NASCAR people have been matching witts with the tech guys. Chad K still seems to be at it.....lol. It is a part of the sport that will never go away! So were Chads C pillars cheating or pushing the limits? "A" talks about being like the big 3 ...... well get used to it all divisions do it. I didn't see him on Newman though. Ice is getting thin up here..... Gotta get as much fishing in as I can.
Don't worry big "A" I have a suit that floats....I think of you everytime I put it on........wouldn't want you to think I jumped in because of you! I love to get a jab in sometimes but I am a fan of all the drivers on the Tour, VMRS, ROC and the weekly guys. I love having lil disaputes with Mike, Axil, Worm, Jason, Magicshoes and the rest of you.......Its cool to joust a lil with your friends. I consider all of you my friends as we all love the Mods......yeah even big "A".....lol. I gotta say he may not be my best friend though...... Let the season begin and hopefully the tech guys have thier tools finely tuned! I'll be back to second on Big "A"'s hate list as soon as Teddy drives into victory lane so I'll enjoy the lime light while I can!!!!!!!!!

bud
03-04-2012, 08:42 PM
By the way I can't remember how many times Teddy has been fired by Ed. He always seems to be back....... Eddie loves winning as much as Teddy. They are like peanut butter and jelly.
"A" how many times out did it take Ted to win in a Whelen car......lol. LET THE HATE MARCH ON.......LOL. AND BROTHER THOSE ARE FACTS NOT HEARSAY

pitliz
03-12-2012, 11:42 AM
If they were running by "Tour" rules why did the crank need to be taken out of the car ? There is nothing in the rule book that can't be checked by simply pulling the pan and looking at it. If the motor whistled big you're OUT ! ! If the crank is not "stock appearing" You're OUT ! !

Acadia
03-16-2012, 02:45 PM
But what rules were they really following? "No open toed shoes"???? :D

There is nothing in the NWMT rulebook about crank weight. Nothing. I don't see how it was a protest against crank weight when there is no rule on crank weight. Had to be something else. Is there some rule on crank weight?

All they had to do was pull the pan to look at the crankshaft, no tear down, no reassembly. Pretty simple.

If they were running by "Tour" rules why did the crank need to be taken out of the car ? There is nothing in the rule book that can't be checked by simply pulling the pan and looking at it. If the motor whistled big you're OUT ! ! If the crank is not "stock appearing" You're OUT ! !

bud
03-19-2012, 03:24 AM
Wonder if that's the same motor used on the wsmt....