PDA

View Full Version : Finding Justyce

Can't Drive 55
03-05-2012, 03:15 AM
Hi all, let me introduce my self . My name is Alan Brightbill, I'm a rookie with NEETS this year and looking forward to racing with all of you in the NEETS Series this year. First, I'd l would like to thank Joe and Erin Cutri for everything they do, so we can have a ton of fun racing with NEETS this year. Second, I would like to thank Scott Hoffmaster, Joe Kunkel, Phil Levering, Justin Steigerwalt for making me feel welcome at the Coventry Mall Car show, thanks guys. Now to my reason for this post. I had my car on display at the Coventry Mall car show over the weekend and had a great time, I had kids sign my car trying to help promote NEETS. I arrived at my car on Sunday afternoon to find a mother taking a picture of her little girl next to my car, after I introduced my self , she told me that her little girl loved the color of my car ( you see the front half of my car is Pink ) and that she just had to have her picture taken next to it. I asked the little girl if she would like to sign my car and she said yes, with excitement. she signed her name in her young hand writing among the other 187 that signed my car over the weekend. As she was signing the car, her mother told me her name was Justyce , and explained that she was a cancer survivor of Ewing's Sarcoma of the ribs and lung and spent 2 long years of her 4 short years of life in and out of the Hospital having various tests, Chemo and Surgeries trying to beat the cancer. As I collected my thoughts, the mother explained that she never complains about her situation. I was so amazed at her courage and bravery for such a young child. I was so touched by her strength, I told her mother that she deserved a Special place on my car all her own and I would be proud to have her name on my number, so I asked her mother to sign her full name on my number and put the reason it was there. With a parting hug from that precious soul, I knew, I will never forget this amazing little girl. So, I am proud to tell you all ,that I am dedicating my season to Justyce Butler, A brave and courageous little girl. May God grant her a long and healthy life, I will be praying for her! Thanks for reading, Alan

BIGDADDY64
03-05-2012, 06:08 AM
what a great story. it so sad any child has to go thru that.wish justyce and you a great season

Poppop
03-05-2012, 02:14 PM
:wave:Good story 55, I hope you have fun with us.

Poppop

69racing
03-05-2012, 04:55 PM
It was great to meet you this weekend, Alan. Good luck this season.

That is a terrific story! I am also a cancer survivor and, as you can see by my car, I am a proud supporter of the American Cancer Society/Relay for Life. I wish I would have been there to meet Justyce and her mother. I love to hear the inspiring stories of cancer survivors.

Thank you to you, Phil, Jen, Kevin, and Joe for bringing your cars to the Coventry Mall Show this weekend. Thank you to Joe and Erin for coming by the show with the NEETS banner, the NEETS stickers and buying the balloons for the table. Also a big thank you to everyone that came out to the show to support NEETS and the local racing community. Without your support, we wouldnt be able to put on the show and we wouldnt be able to enjoy this hobby we love so much.

Good luck to all of the NEETS drivers this season. I'll see you at the track in a few weeks.

Scott Hoffmaster

team32
03-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Just got done with two mall shows(Reading Fairgrounds and Coventry Mall) didnt really know what to expect from the shows as this was the first time that i did any mall shows. Very happy that i got to experince both shows and met a lot of people. Want to thank Brett Deyo (for the Reading Fairgrounds) and Scott Hoffmaster for the Coventry Mall shows. I also want to thank Carl Ruppert, Justen Steigerwalt and my wife and two kids for helping me with getting the car in and out of both malls. Oh by the way Alan Brightbill once again welcome aboard to NEETS and can't wait til the season starts.
Joe Kunkel

NJ Chick
03-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Welcome to NEETS Alan and that's an awesome story! Remind us on raceday to tell our announcer to make sure he mentions Justyce when you're out on the track!! :wave:

greenflag
03-08-2012, 07:49 AM
Will definitely mention it on race-day. Welcome aboard to NEETS, Alan.

Maddawg
03-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Very nice story, its just so sad to hear of youngins with serious diseases like this..The Good thing is she is a survivor:)
What an awesome thing you are doing dedicating your season to her :cool:
But I bet just seeing the smile on her face was worth everything :)
I'm with ya on that one as I too have a soft spot in my heart for children with disabilities, and children in general.
Welcome aboard Mr.55 and I look forward to meeting you, talking with ya and of course racing with you.
Maddawg 417-14