PDA

View Full Version : Spring Fling EVENT SCHEDULE Update!

CJfilms
03-23-2012, 05:09 PM
As you may already know, the first event will be taking place AFTER an open practice at the speedway! There is going to be a lot of movement in and out of the pits come 4 o'clock...

Please do NOT wait until 4 PM to arrive at the track... Do what you can to be there early so you can get your parking spots, get the cars safety inspected, registered and ready to race. If you wait to arrive after 4 PM, there may be a long line waiting to get OUT of the pits...in addition to a line waiting to get in!!! So, come early, it will be free to practice up to 4 PM...

Just a reminder...it is the first race of the season and the safety inspections will take longer than normal. Drivers waiting to arrive at the last minute will only be hurting themselves...

The HOPEFUL schedule for the evening will be as such...

Practice which starts at noon will be ending by 4:00 PM...
4:30 PM...We will be in the office doing final registrations, transponders and line-ups.
***(There is a possibility that we won't even be in the office until later that...so be prepared!)***
5:30 PM...Drivers meeting - Enduro cars and Vintage Mods!
6:00 PM...Vintage Mod warm-ups...
6:15 PM...Small Cars line-up...
6:30 PM...Vintage Mods take the green for Feature #1!
_____ PM...Small Car Enduro
_____ PM...Vintage Mod Feature #2
_____ PM...Big Car Line-up and Enduro
_____ PM...Ladies Race

All post-race technical inspections will take place in the infield after ALL racing is complete!

What I will absolutely need from you the drivers:
Transponder efficiency! - if you are borrowing/renting one that must be returned...please return it ASAP when the car comes off the track, DO NOT WAIT FOR US TO CALL YOU FOR IT!!! If you are waiting for a transponder to be returned...be at the office at the end of the first race...DON'T WAIT FOR US TO HAVE TO CALL FOR YOU!

Tech Inspection - ONE DRIVER and ONE CREW MEMBER per car ONLY!!! We've been down this road enough times before...I'm serious when I say I will be DQ'ing drivers for not obeying this rule this season....no more taps on the shoulders...

LINE-UPS...STAGING - When we call for drivers to head to the staging area (which is the chute that leads onto the track), I understand that there is only enough room for ONE car at a time.... If you are starting near the rear of the field...PLEASE do not be the 3rd car in the staging area!!! Mind what cars are starting around you...take a look at the line-up that is posted at the drivers meeting and see who starts in front, behind and next to you...

LINE-UPS...INFIELD - Once the corner flagger gives you to ok to take your lap for the transponder check...make haste!!! There is no reason for you to go out and put put put around the track....give it some gas! Once in the infield, please keep an eye on the officials...(me mainly since I line everyone up!) More and more, drivers are spaced out looking at something and get distracted which holds up the line-up. You want to go racing and we want you to go racing....when one person is looking at the clouds, they are holding everyone up... (*cough...Travis Guyer! :angel: )

Water Truck - I know you all hate the water truck.....but, it will be out there and it will stay out there longer than you want it to if you don't work with us! When we start pacing the cars around the track...the longer it takes to get the pack tightened up, the longer (Quote Uncle Petey) "Mr. Rogers plays with his wet and wild Tonka truck!" I know a few people like the wet tracks, but starting a race at night on a soupy track will be a messy night.....WE want a nice tacky track...WE want to see a smooth, fast start as much as you do!

So, come ready next week...get there EARLY, and let's get back to NEETS RACING!!!!!!