PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR, SPEED Announce 2012 Broadcast Schedule For K&N Pro and Whelen Modified

Howie
03-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Whelen Modified Tours Combo Wed. Aug. 22 (live) Bristol Motor Speedway

That's it folks!

There will be 25 K&N East and West races, 1 Whelen All-American Series and 1 WMT/WSMT race broadcast.

limodmaniac
03-30-2012, 08:29 PM
Please follow me in the total boycott of watching any K and N races on tv.

At Loudon, in September, if K & N is first, I will be in the parking lot. Please join me. If they follow the modifieds, please follow me to the Seekonk Grand Prix for some slick track racing.

Howie
03-30-2012, 08:35 PM

At Loudon, in September, if K & N is first, I will be in the parking lot. Please join me. If they follow the modifieds, please follow me to the Seekonk Grand Prix for some slick track racing.

We need a "like" button on TCH! :)

chrome horn
03-30-2012, 08:49 PM
Maniac, count me in

uticamike
03-30-2012, 09:57 PM
NASCAR treats the Modifieds like Lucy does when she holds the ball for Charlie Brown. No really...this time I'm going to hold it for you.

MJProcko
03-31-2012, 09:54 PM
It's bad enough the way they treat the modifieds but I find it to be a big slap in the face to Whelen.... Thank you for all your support Whelen but instead of shocasing your series at Loudon this year Nascar will be showing Nascar's little league series instead...... I'm suprised they count laps or have winners, you know how fragile kids are at that age.

JWfor8x
04-01-2012, 01:47 AM
It's bad enough the way they treat the modifieds but I find it to be a big slap in the face to Whelen.... Thank you for all your support Whelen but instead of shocasing your series at Loudon this year Nascar will be showing Nascar's little league series instead...... I'm suprised they count laps or have winners, you know how fragile kids are at that age.

I agree that it is a huge slap in the face to Whelen but I look at the whole thing from a different angle. I don't think it has anything at all to do with the quality of racing as far as NASCAR is concerned. If it did, there would be a lut of television coverage of the modifieds and not just from Bristol, but from Stafford, Thompson and yes, places like Modnodnack and Riverhead too. In my opinion, the reason that K+N is getting the exposure has all to do with developement and nothing to do with racing. By that, I think NASCAR wants to develope the next generation of spokespeople and pitchmen to replace those of the current crop who do not fit the youthful demographic that many sponsors want to sell their wares. I'm not saying that there aren't talented race car drivers in the K+N series. All that I'm really saying is that I think that their talent is secondary to the money that they can bring along with them.

Axel
04-01-2012, 06:21 AM
a travesty...

Goldy
04-01-2012, 11:56 AM
.. go to the nascar home tracks site for the nwmt and the picture just about sums it up.. Jason, did they really need to rub our nose in it? (we don't like to see cars with fenders on our home page..)

Home Tracks site for NWMT (http://localracing.nascar.com/series/2)

mod4r6fan
04-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Count me in LI . I will not be in my seat during any K&A race

DaFingz
04-02-2012, 08:59 AM
My favorite part of the NASCAR press release:

“We are also very fortunate to be able to bring live coverage to the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour and its passionate fan base.”

F#@% You NASCAR! Don't patronize us, we know how freaking passionate we are!

CynthiaTork
04-02-2012, 09:29 AM
All kidding aside, I've never watched any of the K & N races, nor do I ever have any plans to. I did watch the WMT races. At least when it was Busch North, it was actually names people knew, not rich people's grand kids hoping for the next "Jeff Gordon"

BOWATCHER
04-02-2012, 10:57 AM
K&N [Kids& Nephew] Division

MJProcko
04-02-2012, 12:43 PM
According to the Loudon Website the schedule reads:

1:00 K&N
3:00 WMT
4:45 ACT

Ironically the TV Production Crew Schedule reads:

1:00 K&N
3:00 Lunch (atleast they will get to enjoy the best race of the weekend)

The "Friends of the Chrome Horn" schedule:

7:00-11:00 Wake up
12:00 Eat/Drink Breakfast
1:00 Tailgate Party right outside the front entrance gate
2:45 Enter gate and find great seats after the K&N Moms leave the grandstands
3:00 Heaven

Teds Race Tours
04-02-2012, 05:14 PM
K&N [Kids& Nephew] Division

LIKE, facebook style

limodmaniac
04-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Usually, I start to travel up after work on Friday. This means, getting a motel room and spending money. Now, with that schedule, I can take an 8 or 9 ferry on Saturday morning, stop for breakfast and still get to the track in plenty of time to gather with someone's tailgate party and be in my seat in time for the modified race! Love the schedule!

bud
04-02-2012, 06:37 PM
Never watched unless one of our own is in the field. Kinda fun watching a mod guy work his way through the rolling obsticale course known as k&n

fuller2x
04-05-2012, 05:48 PM
thanks for nothing.

bud
04-06-2012, 02:46 AM
So was it NASCAR PR that got the sponsorship for mad dog?

Teds Race Tours
04-06-2012, 03:48 PM
So was it NASCAR PR that got the sponsorship for mad dog?

I'm Thinking you won't get a response on that one. :lol:

bud
04-06-2012, 07:32 PM
Didn't think so.....lol.

SUfan
04-07-2012, 11:53 PM
In our interview today, NHMS GM Jerry Gappens told me that the Mod's are scheduled at 3 PM because he wanted to make them the headline show of the day. I hope they get headline support from fans because he has thoughts of adding another big weekend event in the future. More on that and other topics in next week's AARN.

LiquidBread
04-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Actually Utica Mike in the famous words of Norm Peterson paraphrased, NASCAR teats the modifieds like a baby treats a diaper ......

uticamike
04-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Actually Utica Mike in the famous words of Norm Peterson paraphrased, NASCAR teats the modifieds like a baby treats a diaper ......

LOL Bread, Cheers was a great show to be sure. Another great Norm line went " It's dog eat dog Woody and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear."

14 races, only 1 on the tube...yawn. I heard Todd Szegedy and Phil Moran tonight on SLR and they talked about running some VMRS races

just because they so want to race. They also miss traveling to places like Holland, Lake Erie and Adirondack. The last few nights I've been watching

Mods at NHIS on YouTube. Cup racing today just can't compare with the Mods at that place, no wonder they don't want them upstaging the "big" show.

bud
04-10-2012, 03:16 AM
Mike you are so right. Mods look like a real racecar,and they dont handle like a cinder block. Your. !Signature. Says it all

RacnJason00
04-10-2012, 01:22 PM

I wouldn't watchthem taxi cabs if that was the only racing on earth

rim runner
04-13-2012, 01:11 AM
I wouldn't watchthem taxi cabs if that was the only racing on earth

...unless of course you could get a job with one of those teams.

I wonder how many bellyackers on this thread have taken the time to listen to MRN's Modified Madness each week?

Not many I bet.

DaFingz
04-13-2012, 09:08 AM
...unless of course you could get a job with one of those teams.

I wonder how many bellyackers on this thread have taken the time to listen to MRN's Modified Madness each week?

Not many I bet.

<<< Hasn't missed an episode :D

LiquidBread
04-15-2012, 02:47 PM
LOL Bread, Cheers was a great show to be sure. Another great Norm line went " It's dog eat dog Woody and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear."

14 races, only 1 on the tube...yawn. I heard Todd Szegedy and Phil Moran tonight on SLR and they talked about running some VMRS races

just because they so want to race. They also miss traveling to places like Holland, Lake Erie and Adirondack. The last few nights I've been watching

Mods at NHIS on YouTube. Cup racing today just can't compare with the Mods at that place, no wonder they don't want them upstaging the "big" show.

Silky and TB both expressed similar sentiments on MRN. 20 to 25 races seems to be the common thought. This isn't just fans waxing nostalgic ....

MJProcko
04-15-2012, 11:46 PM
There are alot of pictures of the crowd today - jam packed..... remember that at the next K&N east race not anchored by a cup race.

limodmaniac
04-16-2012, 06:31 AM
There are alot of pictures of the crowd today - jam packed..... remember that at the next K&N east race not anchored by a cup race.

AMEN! Great crowd, which I sure will follow to Stafford in two weeks. I was even impressed with how many people went Saturday. The best way to support a modified race is to show up! PLEASE continue to support the modifieds at the short tracks, like Monadnock and Riverhead. Help to pack those tracks and support the modifieds!!!

MAY 12 - Monadnock ( with extra $5000 in bonus money by Teddy Bear Pools & Spas)

DaFingz
04-16-2012, 02:32 PM
And don't forget that your Icebreaker ticket stub is worth $5.00 off of the gate admission at the May 12th Monadnock race!

limodmaniac
04-16-2012, 05:25 PM
And don't forget that your Icebreaker ticket stub is worth $5.00 off of the gate admission at the May 12th Monadnock race!

Nice ! And that's 5000 extra to the drivers in bonus money from Teddy Bear Pools and Spa! Make sure you see me at Monadnock this coming Saturday to help raise some more bonus money with another one of our crazy 50/50 raffles. This one's going to have more than one winner!

DaFingz
04-16-2012, 09:28 PM
Weather permitting I plan on heading up Saturday.