PDA

View Full Version : Caraway video

RaceMa
04-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Looking for video of last saturdays (3/31/12) mod race at caraway. Particularly the Miller / Seuss wreck. If anyone has it, or knows of someone who does, can you please contact me @ Rockingham boat 603-329-5625 ask for Steve or Bobbi. Thanks

RacnJason00
04-03-2012, 04:42 PM
I wanna see it too.

uticamike
04-03-2012, 06:24 PM
I wasn't there so I won't comment on what may have happened but I do know this. I've seen Andy race a number of times and I've never seen him run anybody bad. Last year at the NSS at Caraway I had the privilege of doing gas for Matt Hirschman. While Matt won the race Andy had the better car
and we only won because of track position after our pit stop. Andy was all over Matt and had plenty of opportunity to turn him but never did. Matts won
now four of them and Andy has yet to find victory lane there but drove him with total class. He also was all smiles after that race and gave kudos to
not only Matt but the entire team as well. That is rarely seen anymore. GD shame that the 11 is in a heap. That Mopar is the fastest Modified in the South no doubt. I wish he would quit down there and come back up here. (i'm selfish). Glad he's OK and I'm sure that team will bounce back. Would be nice if the sanctioning body would sit on the BS. That $h..it just ain't racing.

jpj
04-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Speed51 has a video on their FB page:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=887808911903

Racer1_NC
04-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Not as conclusive as I would have hoped for with the poor track lighting. That being said.....most people can...and will draw conclusions based on past performance / actions. I don't think they would be in error by doing so.

RacnJason00
04-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Too hard to call for me. The way the video was shot and the lightning doesn't help the conclusion in my book

RaceMa
04-04-2012, 04:05 PM
LW Quote from Speed51 article:
"I didn't drive into him I just held the bottom"

Looks like #09 in front of LW held the bottom, and the car behind LW held his line.
Sure looks like LW either moved up or slid up, but clearly didn't stay on the bottom.
click on picture to enlarge.

uticamike
04-04-2012, 07:12 PM
I don't want to take sides but it's near impossible to access blame looking at this dark video. LW has a reputation for sure but it also looks like

Andy got a little loose off there and that may have contributed to it. A racing "deal" ? Maybe but I don't think us armchair quarterbacks are able

to render a judgement on this one.

csg
04-04-2012, 09:10 PM
I looked at 5 times, it looks like the red car(LW) is a little higher then the other cars in the same lane. Other than that observation, I couldn't really tell if it was deliberate or anything other then a racing incident. Certainly could tell that was a hard hit though, thankfully Andy was fine.

nflobster
04-05-2012, 12:32 AM
i think along the lines of racing incident however he does have the nickname of the troyer destroyer i think

gomodsgo
04-05-2012, 11:30 AM
I think the bigger question is WHY are the officials letting this happen???? Why has LW Miller gotten away with driving like an A$_hat for so long????

Seems to be that if you penalize him a few times he will relearn how to drive clean, or he will retire... in either case you will have a better race and maybe some teams might be able to race week after week with the equipment they have instead of racing once, getting wrecked by the "LOOSE WEAPON" (which he is VERY PROUD TO BE CALLED) and not being able to return for weeks, months, seasons.

MJProcko
04-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Out of curiosity..... how many of you see a simularity from this incident and the TC/Preece incident from speedweeks? Other than better lighting ofcourse....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skMLrE0ah6k

bud
04-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Omg Ted was 7/8ths of a car length ahead...... and that was only because of a Cheater crank, fuel, tires ,nitrous, aero package, trick trans, boosters, big nerf bars to allow clearance for the header spacers and of course traction control! Stop the hate lol

uticamike
04-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Out of curiosity..... how many of you see a simularity from this incident and the TC/Preece incident from speedweeks? Other than better lighting ofcourse....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skMLrE0ah6k

I don't see it the same at all. TC had position on Ryan and Ryan knows (or should know) that TC isn't going to give an inch in that situation.

I don't see Teddy as the bad guy on this one. LW and Andy have had a thing going for awhile but I think they are the only ones who really know

what the deal is.

jpj
04-06-2012, 07:39 AM
I think the bigger question is WHY are the officials letting this happen???? Why has LW Miller gotten away with driving like an A$_hat for so long????

Seems to be that if you penalize him a few times he will relearn how to drive clean, or he will retire... in either case you will have a better race and maybe some teams might be able to race week after week with the equi pment they have instead of racing once, getting wrecked by the "LOOSE WEAPON" (which he is VERY PROUD TO BE CALLED) and not being able to return for weeks, months, seasons.

I don't think he'll make through Saturday's race without some kind of payback.

NC Mudcat
04-06-2012, 01:16 PM
LW is an Earnhardt now. No penalties in sight for him.

Regardless, this seems to be a racing incident to me. Better video might make me change my mind. As far as the driver's comments, LW was definitely not on the bottom.