PDA

View Full Version : Latest Press Release, Grandview Race just one week away....

greenflag
04-22-2012, 02:31 PM
SECOND ATTEMPT OF SPRING FLING JUST AROUND THE CORNER AT GRANDVIEW SPEEDWAY…

April 22, 2012 – Bechtelsville, PA – Mother Nature attempted to steal the glory back on March 31st as rain postponed the original scheduling of the NEETS Spring Fling Enduro races. After waiting for another month, race teams and fans are eagerly anticipating the season’s first Scott Dunn Auto Service Dirt Tour event. It takes place on Sunday April 29th at the 1/3 mile oval of Grandview Speedway. The Blast from the Past Vintage Stock Cars will also be on the card, which begins at 1:00PM.

The Big Cars and Small Cars will each compete in a 150-lap Enduro, along with a 25-lap Ladies Race and events for the Vintage Cars. Pit gates open at 8:00AM for car inspection and registration. A drivers meeting will be held at 12:00PM and warm-ups for the Vintage Cars begin at 12:30PM. Adult general admission to the stands on April 29th is just $10.

Defending race winners in the annual Spring Fling Enduros include: Pat Hires (Big Car), Steve Wilson (Small Car), and Jen Schwager (Ladies Race). Hires and Wilson have already seen action this year in some of the other NEETS touring events. Wilson emerged victorious in a 50-lap endurance race at the 3/8 mile D-shaped clay oval of New Egypt Speedway. Hires enjoyed a pair of top 10 finishes in the Wall Stadium Asphalt Series thus far in 2012.

The event on April 29th is the first dirt tour points paying race of 2012. Tim Pauch of Stockton NJ is the three-time defending tour champion at Grandview Speedway aboard his potent #5 machine. Throughout the past four seasons of NEETS Enduro events, Pauch has secured more victories than any other driver on the circuit. He has visited Grandview’s historical victory lane on eleven occasions, including three from the previous season. Tim is the younger brother of legendary Modified competitor Billy “The Kid” Pauch.

Brian Smith of Washington NJ plans to defend his 2011 NEETS Small Car championship behind the wheel of his #16 car. Last year’s point standings battle went right down to the final event in October, and Smith won by a mere 26 points. Although Smith was unable to capture a race victory, he attained four top five finishes last season and enjoyed a consistent year from start to finish.

Jen Schwager, known as “Punchy” to her fans, was the 2011 Ladies Division champion. The nearby racer from Bechtelsville PA will defend her title in 2012 in the #13 car. This division also had an incredible battle for the championship last year as Schwager narrowly defeated
Stephanie Reid by three markers.

When the NEETS tour rumbles to Grandview Speedway for the Spring Fling on April 29th, a stellar field of Small Cars, Big Cars, and Ladies will be expected. Over 90 drivers have already pre-registered between the three divisions. Many past race winners from NEETS and other endure speedways have already expressed interest in Sunday’s card of events.

Vince Gagliardo Jr., a veteran racer himself, unveiled a new club this season known as the Blast from the Past Vintage Stock Cars. This division will host a show during each of the NEETS sanctioned races at Grandview in 2012. The cars represent the decades of ‘60s, 70s, and 80s, and bring back plenty of great memories for fans and competitors alike.

For more information on upcoming NEETS races, rules and regulations visit the official tour website located at www.neetsracing.com .

Poppop
04-23-2012, 09:27 AM
I'll be there this Sunday but after that is up in the air. I'm selling out and moving to Florida. They run a different kind of car down there, and I have to sell my NEETS cars to buy a new one for the tracks down there. All I can say is, they better let me run AC.

Poppop

waggy431
04-23-2012, 08:44 PM
Just a heads up from someone here in Florida, just stick with dirt down here. Unfortunately there is no enduro series down here and the only time an enduro is even run is during events call "Crash and Bash" or "Crash-a-Rama," so just as it sounds, they are nowhere near the quality of NEETS. But best of luck with everything.