PDA

View Full Version : Only 24 car pre registered for Sizzler

mod35
04-23-2012, 03:14 PM
What does everyone think?????

Linda
04-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Nascar Hometracks just posted the entry list..looks like 28 now. Still not a large car count especially for Stafford.

Here's a link to entry list:

http://hometracks.nascar.com/node/7577

RacnJason00
04-23-2012, 03:36 PM
I counted 29

mod35
04-23-2012, 03:39 PM
I went by Stafford web site

worm
04-23-2012, 04:11 PM
new seats next year ,hard to get more cars with 4000.00 seats in 2013. also the other tours carbs are no good now in wmt.

Armadasx
04-23-2012, 04:33 PM
new seats next year ,hard to get more cars with 4000.00 seats in 2013. also the other tours carbs are no good now in wmt.

I'm sure the bad calls on the restarts don't help either.

RGeeProductions
04-23-2012, 04:44 PM
There are 28 cars registered as of right now.

Bostonian
04-23-2012, 06:39 PM
Does BS III have anything in the works for a ride this season?

RGeeProductions
04-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Does BS III have anything in the works for a ride this season?

Bobby Santos???
He drove the #44 and finished 17th at Thompson.
He is not registered so far for Stafford though.

bud
04-24-2012, 02:18 AM
Hmmmm. Nascar pr a lil quiet.... simulated Quote "we never saw this coming the car counts and fan base was so good we thought we could increase our profit margin a. bit. It was a nominal increase"

NONCENT$
04-24-2012, 07:23 AM
Bobby Santos???
He drove the #44 and finished 17th at Thompson.
He is not registered so far for Stafford though.

Its a shame that a driver is sidelined because he doesn't bring a ton of green, but has more talent to bring than most of the driver's on the tour. It was stated that if the 44 team came out of Thompson with a great finish and car in good shape, there was a possibility of running Stafford.
Bobby was a victim in a multi car wreck as he had the car stopped in turn 3 with no damage, and was then struck in the left front. He will continue running his USAC schedule for now, I guess.

Goldy
04-24-2012, 11:19 AM
This really is unfortunate – a real sign of the times.

The Sizzler was and still is the most prestigious event on the schedule – and there is a strong possibility the field won’t even be full. 28 cars for a starting field of 33.. I know we’re not expecting an overflow of cars here (like olden times / NQ race) – but come on, they should be sending a few cars home..

Look back a bit:
07’ – 9 cars didn’t make it
06’ - 15 cars
05’ – 10
04’ - 21 cars didn’t make the big show….

According to my quick research - the last few years it looks like they have been starting everyone – the winner over the last several years has taken home (and I use that term loosely) around 8k…. any chance this decline in car count is tied directly to the purse?

mwf44
04-24-2012, 02:15 PM
"Not for Nothing", but Reg & #44 won the 1987 Sizzler (80 laps) & took home $9,875 in "real money" not fluff contingency !! C'mon thats 25 YEARS AGO. Go Figure, jus' sayin !!

Acadia
04-24-2012, 03:07 PM
I would hope Santos gets another chance, he was going great. I don't think he can be faulted for getting taken out. There are limits as to how well a driver can protect a car.

$8k just about covers the costs to run an event and a pizza party for the crew. Gotta get more people out to the tracks. Have to generate visibility to get sponsors. The NWMT is looking great this year with many very potent and competitive cars.

PitGirl35
04-24-2012, 09:33 PM
Bobby gave the 44 team exactly what they needed. When did you ever see that team qualify that well or be that competitive in a race? He gave that team the confidence and morale that they needed to know they can run competitively on the tour. I heard he was only doing the Thompson shows because that's all that team has run the past couple years, but it would be great to see Bobby and them run more shows together.

uticamike
04-24-2012, 09:42 PM
Depressed car count and the bump in the regular admin to 38.50 ain't gonna play well me thinks. That and the price of gas is gonna keep me home.

CynthiaTork
04-25-2012, 10:16 AM
Time to dump the sanction and return the race to it's roots. 80 green laps of racing with rules that'll allow WMT, VMRS, RoC and weekly track modifieds to be able to enter, with no inflated licences to purchase. Kinda like the SBM 125 South.

DaFingz
04-25-2012, 01:16 PM
Yes, low car counts are a shame. Let's put that aside for a second and realize that we should have an exciting race with 10-12 cars that will have a chance for victory. If/when the economy turns up, hopefully the cars will come out the garage and get back to the track. Until then, drink the class that's half full and enjoy the show.

bud
04-27-2012, 12:29 AM
Problem is. Nascar charging licence fees makes the teams and drivers a consumer..... if the demand for the product goes down..... As a"Smart Busness" you change up or get left behind.....

bud
04-27-2012, 12:37 AM
The difference Between winning and loosin is only a few ounces of effort. Dont accept half full when the glass is sitting out in the hot sun.....OMG

MOD11RACER
04-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Is this really shocking ?

Think about it. No more Modified tracks in upstate New York and no Modifieds even coming out of upstate New York.

The ROC Tour is nothing more than a glorified SK Tour.

The WMT and the MRS are both CT based Tours and depend on Thompson, Stafford and Waterford to keep both Tours running.

Some other big dollar teams that can't win on the WMT, are now running the MRS and dominating the low dollar teams on that Tour for little purses.

CT is controled by Democrats and what do they do best ? Tax the s--t out of you and give everybody entitlements. CT is nothing more than a nanny state. More taxes anyone.

Keep voting for Obama and the Democrats and pretty soon all racing will go away. Remember entilalments and nanny states will not mix with racing.

Bottom line: Be happy we still have the WMT and its purse that is 4 times better than any other Tour and the point fund that goes with it, because without the WMT purse and point fund real Modifieds would just go away.

For some good news Support Riverhead Raceway evey Saturday in 2012. Going to be a great year at the Head.

JMB
04-27-2012, 04:21 PM
Is this really shocking ?

Think about it. No more Modified tracks in upstate New York and no Modifieds even coming out of upstate New York.

The ROC Tour is nothing more than a glorified SK Tour.

The WMT and the MRS are both CT based Tours and depend on Thompson, Stafford and Waterford to keep both Tours running.

Some other big dollar teams that can't win on the WMT, are now running the MRS and dominating the low dollar teams on that Tour for little purses.

CT is controled by Democrats and what do they do best ? Tax the s--t out of you and give everybody entitlements. CT is nothing more than a nanny state. More taxes anyone.

Keep voting for Obama and the Democrats and pretty soon all racing will go away. Remember entilalments and nanny states will not mix with racing.

Bottom line: Be happy we still have the WMT and its purse that is 4 times better than any other Tour and the point fund that goes with it, because without the WMT purse and point fund real Modifieds would just go away.

For some good news Support Riverhead Raceway evey Saturday in 2012. Going to be a great year at the Head.

OR NASCAR could make it so Modifieds from the other series(or even SK's at some of the tracks) can run the Tour races without having to change over 500 things. Over 30 years ago, Bob Bahre figured out how to run NASCAR Late Model Sportsman(Busch cars) together with ASA style Camaros at Oxford. I don't see how it is impossible to put together rules that would allow different kinds of "tour type" modifieds to compete with each other in a NASCAR race. Even today PASS has at least a half dozen weight options depending on the engine package you run. It's not that hard.

limodmaniac
04-27-2012, 04:39 PM
All I know is that it's a darn shame that Dwight Jarvis won't be depending his home turf against all the invaders at the Monandock Tour Race, May 12!

spotter27
04-29-2012, 07:29 AM
I thought last year was 35.00 a tix,so for 3.50 cents more that the state of CT added your not gonna support the track,WMT?Thats what a cup of coffee cost with donut.I will be there to support because if we don't then we have no more tracks,WMT and then what will we do?

Sicklajoie
04-29-2012, 09:11 AM
I know for the Tour they don't do anything on Friday so it's really not necessary for to be there, but the Stafford support divisions had an open practice Friday. Last year it was $50 for Friday to Sunday. This weekend it was $50 for Saturday and Sunday and they tacked an extra $20 if you wanted to practice on Friday.

uticamike
04-29-2012, 07:05 PM
Mod11 says; "Bottom line: Be happy we still have the WMT and its purse that is 4 times better than any other Tour and the point fund that goes with it, because without the WMT purse and point fund real Modifieds would just go away."

Then why isn't the car count 4 times better? Psst.... they're going away anyway.

BigMac
04-30-2012, 05:47 PM
Time to dump the sanction and return the race to it's roots. 80 green laps of racing with rules that'll allow WMT, VMRS, RoC and weekly track modifieds to be able to enter, with no inflated licences to purchase. Kinda like the SBM 125 South.

I'd love to see them run the Sizzler as an open comp event with a big purse. I would think a lot of guys would show for a shot at a Sizzler title. Then run a WMT race the first Friday in May so we don't lose a race date.

Magicshoes12
05-01-2012, 08:58 AM
All I know is that it's a darn shame that Dwight Jarvis won't be depending his home turf against all the invaders at the Monandock Tour Race, May 12!

Same thing happened last year with Kirk, they wouldn't let him run for two reasons. Exposed wiring and the fire extinguisher system. Kirk's fire extinguisher system works absolutely the same as the one on the tours but it wasn't the specified brand that cost's 3K more to put in, so they wouldn't let him run. It's the little things like that, that are going to keep car counts down!

spotter27
05-02-2012, 06:15 AM
from what i understand the "extra"20.00 was for the open practice on the sat before.It was 50.00 friday to Sunday

worm
05-02-2012, 07:04 AM
plus the wmt has 20-25 officals on duty every race,big payroll for that.

Sicklajoie
05-02-2012, 05:00 PM
from what i understand the "extra"20.00 was for the open practice on the sat before.It was 50.00 friday to Sunday
No, it was 50 bucks for Saturday and Sunday. Friday open practice was 20. So it was 70 bucks for the entire weekend for the Stafford regular divisions.

CynthiaTork
05-02-2012, 09:13 PM
But you did get the excitement of seeing who was going to make the WMT field and who was going to get bumped to the consi.......oh wait...nevermind.

bud
05-03-2012, 02:14 AM
Whats the point of time trials if everyone makes the field ....lol. Oh the drama.......

Howie
05-03-2012, 08:59 AM
But you did get the excitement of seeing who was going to make the WMT field and who was going to get bumped to the consi.......oh wait...nevermind.

Whats the point of time trials if everyone makes the field ....lol. Oh the drama.......

It has been a long time since I've seen a heat that was more exciting to watch than watching practice or time trials. They don't mean much anymore with car counts what they are these days. If it is Cynthia's beloved super modifieds or modifieds, it doesn't matter, there isn't much excitement (or drama) in heat races anymore (Oh, I already said that). Which ever way the sanctioning body chooses to qualify is fine with me. I just hope that with everything the way it is these days we continue to have racing. Even if it is only so people can whine about it not being the way they want it. For the record, I want to see 100 cars trying to qualify for 35 or 40 spots through heats, until then I'll take what ever they give me and continue to ask the question "Why do we do this again?" lol With the logic in the above posts I have to ask - why run a feature if you don't have a full field of cars?

Acadia
05-03-2012, 10:52 AM

The starting order.

RGeeProductions
05-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Wow. Imagine 100 trying to qualify for 35 - 40 spots!
Then the complaint would be ' why do so many have to go home?'
No matter what, no one will be happy.
Way of the world Howie.

Howie
05-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Wow. Imagine 100 trying to qualify for 35 - 40 spots!
Then the complaint would be ' why do so many have to go home?'
No matter what, no one will be happy.
Way of the world Howie.

I know. I'm happy with what I see. I know I've probably already seen the best race I'm ever going to see. Now I'm enjoying what ever it is they do and glad some can still afford to do it.

bud
05-04-2012, 03:33 AM
I was joking.....lol. Was a bit of a poke at Shawn....