PDA

View Full Version : 04/23/12 - Youth and talent combine for a special SBM 125 pre-race concert on June 16

RGeeProductions
04-23-2012, 10:35 PM
It is with great anticipation that the Star Speedway welcomes two young and talented musicians to be a part of the Tour-Type Modified Open race program known as the Exeter Decorating SBM 125 to be held on Saturday, June 16 at the quarter-mile oval in Epping, New Hampshire. The race winner could pocket up to $10,000.

Ryan Brooks Kelly and Jilly Martin, who have both spent time performing in Nashville, Tenn., will bring their combination of Country, Rock and Blues to Star Speedway for a 30-minute performance that is sure to please all types of music fans.

Martin has performed at many of the infamous clubs in Nashville. She is a recipient of the 'Country Music Association of America Junior Female Vocalist of The Year' award. She has opened for Randy Travis, Miranda Lambert and Josh Turner to name a few. Martin will also sing the Canadian Anthem in July at the NASCAR Sprint Cup event at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway.

"After witnessing, and being a part of this event last year to sing the national anthem, I am very excited that I was asked to be at Star Speedway again this year, but this time with Ryan and our new band combination," Martin stated. "Having spent time in Nashville, I am learning that auto racing is a sport that both fans and race teams are very passionate about, just as we are about our music."

Ryan Brooks Kelly, an admitted auto racing enthusiast, has been playing guitar since the age of six. With his teenage years now behind him, this Hudson, N.H. guitarist/vocalist is poised to become a star in the music world. He has already performed in more than 350 concerts, opening for the likes of Lynard Skynard, The Doobie Brothers and Chicago. Three reviews from those who know, reveals a little about Kelly.

"Ryan Kelly is an exciting up and coming talent. He gets better every time I see him." says Mike McAdam, owner of North Main Music. "This brilliant young singer/guitar player is inhabited by an old blues soul- a stunning combination," states Steve Gaetz from Bedlam Productions. "The boy can play. Ryan Kelly lights up the Blues circuit," stated Michael Whitthaus from The Hippo Press.
Combining the two for one special show at the Star Speedway on Saturday, June 16 gives race fans an added bonus to their night of entertainment. The special 30 minute performance is tentatively scheduled to begin at 4:50 PM, just prior to the first qualifying event of the evening, at 5:30 PM.
The Exeter Decorating SBM 125 field will include drivers from all four Modified touring series' against the Star weekly competitors. For more information about the race, log onto: www.star-speedway.com or check out the Star Speedway Facebook page. And to learn more about musician Ryan Brooks Kelly log onto his web site at: www.ryanbrookskelly.com. A recently produced video, featuring Jilly Martin can be found through the following link at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM5bNOYuYnI&feature=relmfu.

Kevin Rice