PDA

View Full Version : Sizzler Time Trials

LiquidBread
04-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Wow! Where the heck did Lajoie come from. Ought to be fun tomorrow. Congrats to the 16 team for a new track record.

Quick question, why wasn't the 17 penalized for fuel? I'm not saying that they should be necessarily, just don't know the rule.

RGeeProductions
04-28-2012, 08:30 PM
Why wasn't Pennink or Bonsignore penalized at Thompson for the same thing?
Exact situations 2 weeks ago.

Modtour4
04-29-2012, 07:40 AM
Wow! Where the heck did Lajoie come from. Ought to be fun tomorrow. Congrats to the 16 team for a new track record.

Quick question, why wasn't the 17 penalized for fuel? I'm not saying that they should be necessarily, just don't know the rule.

Rule is: you pump it out.

NASCAR drained fuel from the rear bowl and found it illegal. They had to pump out all fuel and fill with new track fuel. Nascar inspected the fuel prior to them refilling the fuel cell and it passed.

Modtour4
04-29-2012, 07:44 AM
Why wasn't Pennink or Bonsignore penalized at Thompson for the same thing?
Exact situations 2 weeks ago.

Pennink & Bonsignore were tested, failed, explained to NASCAR that they had purchased fuel from Sunoco. NASCAR went to the Sunoco truck and opened a brand new, sealed 55 gallon container and it also failed NASCAR's test. Can't penalize anyone for illegal gas when the gas Sunoco was selling was (per NASCAR's inspection) illegal also.

Not really the exact same thing.

csammy
04-29-2012, 08:20 AM
if thats the rule they have to pump out fuel cell and refill with approved nascar track fuel then whats to stop a team from using off brand fuel during time trials get checked and only have to pump out and refill with approved fuel and does the rule apply to after race tech

KH0429
04-29-2012, 08:54 AM
if thats the rule they have to pump out fuel cell and refill with approved nascar track fuel then whats to stop a team from using off brand fuel during time trials get checked and only have to pump out and refill with approved fuel and does the rule apply to after race tech

I think the circumstances are different if they had not found the fuel sunoco was selling to be illegal as well. If they had brought illegal fuel to the track then I think it would be a different story.

JED
04-29-2012, 08:13 PM
Ok, I asked the question to NASCAR PR today. Since the fuel was in question before time trials the option to fix it was there. It would be the same as if body panels did not meet tech. Remember last fall at Thompson the 16 car had altered panels. They corrected and went on with the weekend.
Hope this helps.

Jim

csammy
04-30-2012, 05:57 PM
jed if i read your answear right he was teched before time trials was able to make the correction before he went out to take time and everything was ok at that point no penalty was given

JED
04-30-2012, 07:06 PM
jed if i read your answear right he was teched before time trials was able to make the correction before he went out to take time and everything was ok at that point no penalty was given

Yes. That is correct.

worm
04-30-2012, 09:58 PM
also had nascars SPEC motor in car it has a 830 carb on it

bud
05-01-2012, 03:10 AM
Wow sounds like somerhing I suggested..... wonder if its lower compression too.

LiquidBread
05-01-2012, 09:09 PM

So that's really it isn't it. No advantage in time trials. Good that the 17 team had a chance to correct it. Thanks to all that weighed in.