PDA

View Full Version : Buying Tires

PAReal Estate
04-29-2012, 05:21 PM
Can someone tell me the reasoning behind having to buy BB tires from the track's official distributor? I am about to buy the tires for the guys I plan to help out a little this year and I think I can get them for $90 each down the road from my house, yet it appears that is not allowed. I was going to buy them here and drive them up to the track. It sure would be nice to save a few dollars.

catfish
04-30-2012, 10:33 AM
Track Tire, Track Tire Supplier equals all cars on the same compound and type of tire. Trying to level the playing filed so no one has a tire advantage!

fastgal
04-30-2012, 11:47 AM
buy them use them tell no one. if they become a problem say they were takeoffs you got

RacinRob
04-30-2012, 12:05 PM
All tires are bar code scanned therefore you can not use any tire other than TS's tire.

RGeeProductions
04-30-2012, 12:29 PM
Can someone tell me the reasoning behind having to buy BB tires from the track's official distributor? I am about to buy the tires for the guys I plan to help out a little this year and I think I can get them for $90 each down the road from my house, yet it appears that is not allowed. I was going to buy them here and drive them up to the track. It sure would be nice to save a few dollars.

Catfish explained it best and it is stated in the rules:
4. Track tire rule will be in effect and must be purchased at Riverhead Raceway

PAReal Estate
05-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Yes that makes sense, but I would buy the same compound tire. Assuming they are manufactured in the same factory, wouldn't they then be the same tire.