PDA

View Full Version : Transponders.....

dirtydan
04-30-2012, 07:53 PM
Did anyone else have a problem with their transponders picking up the their laps on sunday, I personally know mine did not work half the time, bc my team mate, our crew members and I would keep track of who was in front of who and what not between the two of us and I somehow finished behind my team mate in the standings when I lapped him 3-4 times, never pitted and he didn't even finish the race. Now I mostly run for fun but I can't help to think that these transponder problems that have been happening for the last 2 yrs. could be costing some drivers money and points. Why does it always seem like we have the problems with Grandview loop but no other races ever do?

69racing
04-30-2012, 10:20 PM
I hate to jump on something that we thought was solved, but you bring up a valid point. The results say I beat my teammate by one spot. Yet he lapped me 2 or 3 times AND I was forced out of the race due to mechanical failure while he stayed out of the track for XX number of laps more then me. He definitely should have finished at least in front of me, if not further up.

Tracy57
04-30-2012, 11:55 PM
Last year or the year before we had that problem. Definitely missing laps with the transponder.

All I can say is make your hole bigger, and don't detour thru the infield. laps are hard enough to get you may as well get credit for all of them. Ours was bigger than recommended size, then I went bigger, and back cut so the transponder was on a tongue sticking out over the opening in the floor. It makes me a little nervous about transponder damage - but that's better than missing laps.

Joe did update the rules on this to make it less likely to have problems, but i would still go big and be careful about having the flap of metal or anything else that could be in the way - not that anything bounces around out there.

Grandview is the only place I've had a problem, maybe the wire is really deep or something, or maybe it ends early and I was going over finish line too low.

We'll see what happened this race when mylaps goes up, since we counted laps this time. I'm pretty sure it will be right.

NeetsSpectator
05-01-2012, 09:20 AM
The audio system was just upgraded so maybe the cables going to the transponder receiver were disturbed.

Run the cars high and low when doing the transponder check.
It will confirm that both loops are working properly.

ohdeere51
05-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Last year or the year before we had that problem. Definitely missing laps with the transponder.

All I can say is make your hole bigger, and don't detour thru the infield. laps are hard enough to get you may as well get credit for all of them. Ours was bigger than recommended size, then I went bigger, and back cut so the transponder was on a tongue sticking out over the opening in the floor. It makes me a little nervous about transponder damage - but that's better than missing laps.

Joe did update the rules on this to make it less likely to have problems, but i would still go big and be careful about having the flap of metal or anything else that could be in the way - not that anything bounces around out there.

Grandview is the only place I've had a problem, maybe the wire is really deep or something, or maybe it ends early and I was going over finish line too low.

We'll see what happened this race when mylaps goes up, since we counted laps this time. I'm pretty sure it will be right.

All I can say is make your hole bigger
Tracy Joe will love you for this statement.

Erin C
05-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Scott, I laughed when I read that the first time but I am glad you were the one to point it out on here...I have to behave ;p

Erin C
05-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Dan, there was nothing wrong with the transponder loop so let me check your mount at the next race and I can tell you what the problem is or if you can send me a picture of your hole with the transponder mounted to it that would help too...you have a new car this year so I am assuming it is how it is mounted.

Scott, you too...email me some pics

Scott dunn had a problem with his at NE and i was able to show him exactly what was wrong and he had no oroblem at all this race.

No comments there Mr. Dunn!!

Erin C
05-01-2012, 08:32 PM
After speaking with Scott H. His issue is non existent now. So this was the only issue we had. The loop was fine. Again, if anyone wants me to look at their mounting please let me know and I can help. The last thing I want to see is scoring issues.