View Full Version : what happened with Teddy

bud
05-01-2012, 03:21 AM
Seemed the motor was running ok.....

NONCENT$
05-01-2012, 07:32 AM

Plug wire came off
Personally, I think he possibly could have ridden around a few laps hoping for a caution, and perhaps staying on the lead lap, but that's just an opinion. (I dont know the entire story as far as not wanting to risk damaging the engine, or some other issue he may have had).

roadkill
05-01-2012, 07:33 AM
The 36 thought they had an issue with the engine. They pulled the car behind pit wall and removed the hood, upon examination it turned out to just be a loose plug wire.

Acadia
05-01-2012, 08:45 AM
I tend to think it was more than a plug wire. The 36 went right behind the wall under green, a bad sign. I gotta think an experienced driver would know the symptoms of a loose plug wire. You don't go immediately behind the wall for a loose plug wire. The 36 finished 13 laps down, that's a ton of laps for a loose plug wire.

Something more newsworthy was that Stefanik was driving the other former 36 car. Apparently the 36 team sold off one of the cars to Stefanik's team.

Magicshoes12
05-01-2012, 08:55 AM
I tend to think it was more than a plug wire. The 36 went right behind the wall under green, a bad sign. I gotta think an experienced driver would know the symptoms of a loose plug wire. You don't go immediately behind the wall for a loose plug wire. The 36 finished 13 laps down, that's a ton of laps for a loose plug wire.

Something more newsworthy was that Stefanik was driving the other former 36 car. Apparently the 36 team sold off one of the cars to Stefanik's team.

Teddy also came in with about 10 to go and pulled it behind the wall for the second time and finished the race there.....As far as Stefanik's car, yes it was a former 36 car, but I think obviously Brad had something to do with that. So I don't think it's too much of a surprise that Steffy will end up with some former 36 things.

Slotcar
05-01-2012, 12:12 PM

The reason the motor was skipping was the Flux Capacitor was only putting out 1.1 Gigawatts and not the required 1.2 Gigawatts for full horsepower. Wow that sounds just as silly as calling Ted an "unexperienced driver".

Acadia
05-01-2012, 12:18 PM
See, I was right, it was something other than a plug wire.

And it's 1.21 Gigawatts required for full horsepower.

LOL

The reason the motor was skipping was the Flux Capacitor was only putting out 1.1 Gigawatts and not the required 1.2 Gigawatts for full horsepower. Wow that sounds just as silly as calling Ted an "unexperienced driver".

Slotcar
05-01-2012, 03:01 PM
See, I was right, it was something other than a plug wire.

And it's 1.21 Gigawatts required for full horsepower.

LOL

LOL, great movie Acadia. Yeah it was a plug wire and it kills the whole team that it happened but we all take the blame when anything happens on the 36 car. It sucks, especially for Eddie, Teddy and Rico. We are a tight group of guys and we all want to do the best we can for our car owner, driver and the fans and when something like this happens we just come back and double and triple check those things that can go wrong. We will be ready to give it hell at Monadnock.

csammy
05-01-2012, 07:01 PM
if i heard on the radio right if teddy could not make up any more laps that what he was down he was going to pull in and call it a day
ie if he was down 10 laps at the 190 mark he was puling in

MXCHAMP04
05-01-2012, 11:00 PM

Something more newsworthy was that Stefanik was driving the other former 36 car. Apparently the 36 team sold off one of the cars to Stefanik's team. Teddy came in with 6 laps to go, at that point he was 6 laps down and had nothing more to gain. And you guys want him to ride around in 50k dollar motor when its acting up. Yeah that's real smart.

MXCHAMP04
05-01-2012, 11:02 PM
Teddy also came in with about 10 to go and pulled it behind the wall for the second time and finished the race there.....As far as Stefanik's car, yes it was a former 36 car, but I think obviously Brad had something to do with that. So I don't think it's too much of a surprise that Steffy will end up with some former 36 things.Teddy came in with 6 to go. Was 6 laps down at that point.

roadkill
05-04-2012, 08:38 AM
Acadia, my info is usually pretty good and I don't post something unless I know its true. Slotcar, see you in NH...hopefully its cause we are both running up front

Acadia
05-04-2012, 11:02 AM

For running on 7 cylinders... lol

That was a gimme.

Roadkill, cars with far worse damage or problems come down pit road first to assess the situation, often attempt to repair on pit road before going behind the wall. The 36 went right behind the wall, did not even pass by on pit road. Look at the work done on the 6 last year at Thompson on pit road to repair that car and it went on to recover 9 laps, with damage far greater than a plug wire. The plug wire was apparently repaired, the car went back out and looked like it ran on pace, but then parked. There are plenty of cars with nothing to gain but they stay out until the checkers. That's just respecting the sport. Roadkill, that's what you might have been told and what you posted, and for that it's accurate, but it's just not right to park a running race car before the checkers.

uticamike
05-04-2012, 06:09 PM
For running on 7 cylinders... lol

That was a gimme.

Roadkill, cars with far worse damage or problems come down pit road first to assess the situation, often attempt to repair on pit road before going behind the wall. The 36 went right behind the wall, did not even pass by on pit road. Look at the work done on the 6 last year at Thompson on pit road to repair that car and it went on to recover 9 laps, with damage far greater than a plug wire. The plug wire was apparently repaired, the car went back out and looked like it ran on pace, but then parked. There are plenty of cars with nothing to gain but they stay out until the checkers. That's just respecting the sport. Roadkill, that's what you might have been told and what you posted, and for that it's accurate, but it's just not right to park a running race car before the checkers.

Acadia, Unless your the owner of the 36 it might not be right to make that call. Racing is expensive...even for the deep pocket teams.

Sicklajoie
05-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Also heard they somehow wound up with a drum of Sunoco pump gas instead of racing fuel.

bud
05-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Thats good for the motor....lol

csammy
05-05-2012, 11:40 AM
also heard that at the ice breaker the 66 team of stefanik was give sunoco unleaded fuel and the motor builder had to tear down motor and rebuild it

the cook
05-06-2012, 10:19 AM
the 66 is a sunoco dealer