PDA

View Full Version : No Photog no story.... where do we rank

unowho243
05-07-2012, 05:08 PM
so no photographer there on sunday for the enduros and also the 2 sentence story on the front page? Awesome..

slapshot8388
05-07-2012, 05:52 PM
Then they wonder why people don't wanna come down and watch then enduros....its a shame

deathwishracin1
05-07-2012, 06:08 PM
It's a shame but the enduros have always been the sideshow that received less love from everyone. I was hoping to see some pics to see how I got turned in turn 4 causing all hell to break loose in the 4/6 enduro, no such luck. Hopefully Peter got it on tape and uses it in his highlight video.

racing#s
05-07-2012, 06:19 PM
I was able to take some photos ... ,they're in the processing stages....
I don't do the final post to the website,but I suspect they should be on the JAM soon.
As far as the Enduro story, the story is that all 'Pitbull motors' entrees kicked butt,..haha.,,,(cheap plug)..lol
In reality, I believe the JAM is -still-looking for a Sunday Enduro Photographer ,and writer. I try my best taking pics but I run a
Truck,so it's impossible to shoot the Trucks,and, I am helping out with several other racecars.

racing#s
05-07-2012, 06:29 PM
2656The amount of people in the grandstands is lousy.
We have been self promoting...making our customers aware of the
dates of the Enduro races,and also handing out fliers.
Last year we spoke of getting our racecars to popular 'street car' nightspots.
In a month or so, Nathans of Oceanside has "hotrod" Night ,,,and we plan
on taking 4,maybe 5 of our racecars to the event and turning heads.

unowho243
05-07-2012, 08:00 PM
yeah pitbull motors kicked butt... Congrats although i got turned by the Pitbull Motors monte carlo in the 8 cyl second race after i passed him clean......:mad:

unowho243
05-07-2012, 08:01 PM
on a better note thanks Pete for the video coverage as always also to Erick Z for smapping some great shots!

The Bullfather
05-07-2012, 09:35 PM
Andy what did you do to that truck??? That thing had some PEP in her step!!! Both trucks looked good though! The videos will be up later this week guys, I have to go Poughkepski, Weds. If I can get them some of them up tomorrow I will.

WEEZER
05-07-2012, 10:26 PM
How did the Pitbull Motors Grand do on sunday??? I heard there where 25 Grands, if so, not bad.

BigRed99
05-07-2012, 10:28 PM
Thank you Pete for coming to the enduro shows and video'ing for us. I do appreciate it and Im sure everybody else does too. Some people dont know how much time it takes to do what you do for us. I would love to take pictures but like my dad i am busy working on my own truck, as well as 3 other cars.

BigRed99
05-07-2012, 10:32 PM
he has lots of little gremlins to work out but he was happy finishing 12th.2657

TTOR
05-07-2012, 11:46 PM
I would have liked to have a done a story but it would have been difficult since I was racing in two divisions. We have another writer on staff this year however so hopefully in the future we will have more coverage. Everyone on staff is really busy. If we don't have someone covering it, I'll see what I can do, but no promises.

It was a fun opening weekend, the Grand race was packed but ran very clean and the 4/6 car enduro was interesting to say the least. I brought both my cars home in one piece so it's hard to be disappointed with that, but there is always room for improvement. It sucks that there weren't more fans in the stands, but Saturday was pretty desolate as well. Maybe it's time we all start talking about promotions again. It was a good idea last year bring enduro cars to car shows last year, that's probably a good place to start. Not enough people are aware Riverhead even exists. That's a big factor in the attendance issues.

PIT BULL
05-08-2012, 12:26 PM
yeah pitbull motors kicked butt... Congrats although i got turned by the Pitbull Motors monte carlo in the 8 cyl second race after i passed him clean......:mad:

Jim is a clean driver and had wouldnt have done it on purpose. We did a ton of stuff to his car in the off season at my shop and he is relearning it.Sorry for the hit but who knows what happen to cause it. Thanks for being stand up and not whining like a ***** at the track like some guys do. Good luck next race.

RGeeProductions
05-08-2012, 12:34 PM
LIJam has been looking for someone to cover Sunday shows and no one has stepped up.
I took Sundays myself for 2 years without being asked but my palate is full and can not do it anymore.
if anyone is interested, please contact JA.

PIT BULL
05-08-2012, 12:38 PM
How did the Pitbull Motors Grand do on sunday??? I heard there where 25 Grands, if so, not bad.

Have a secondary flap adjustment issue I am working on. A big thanks to the Wild Child for giving me a hand. I ran out of practice time to get it adjusted properly and it bogged bad 4500 through 5500 but had a good time. Great division. Likeing how stiff the competition is. With my car running like that 12th was a blessing.

davis26
05-08-2012, 01:05 PM
Who do we have to contact , I have somebody interested

The Bullfather
05-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Enduro Highlights are now UP! Guess you don't have to wait till Thursday! :applause:

RGeeProductions
05-09-2012, 12:02 AM
Who do we have to contact , I have somebody interested

Member "LongIslandJam" J.A. Ackley.
He will also be at the track this Saturday (May 12).

racing#s
05-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Shout out to Pitstop-pitbull.....awesome videos....
The pep in the step ?...- The 29 truck had brand new tires....it loves new rubber...lol
Thanks again for your video work....always fun to watch.

jmac
05-14-2012, 02:46 PM
I have looked at video of 2nd 8cyl race and can assure you when you got turned coming out of turn # 4 there was nothing I could have done to avoid you . We were exiting turn 4 you were on outside I was just below you"black monte" a slower car " looked like white olds" was slowing you up ,when you came down to get around him i was allready there if I start braking coming out of turn the car behind hits me and so on you were allready sideways I just moved out of way to avoid pile up .That was some of the cleanest enduro racing i have scene in a while we have come a long way from 100 cars and 100 laps of insanity with less than ten cars running at the end. Some fans would be nice good luck sat.