PDA

View Full Version : 39 Screwed over

Jeff T
05-13-2012, 12:42 PM
Thanks to the "new" officiating regime , RJ Oxee got screwed last night while coming into the pits for a flat tire. No courtesy laps, no official coming down to the pits to see if we were coming back to the race, and thanks to you, another screwing at Riverhead Raceway for making yet another bad, and inconsistant call. Others in the same race got courtesy laps and plenty of time to get back on the track. You guy's didn't even give us a chance. Thank's a WHOLE BUNCH!
P.S.: What's fair for one, SHOULD be fair FOR ALL! Sorry about that folk's....I forgot where we race at for minute there. When it comes to rules, everything here is written in pencil!

MSK27
05-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Can't argue with that Jeff.I for one can certainly understand RJ's frustration.

Lugnuts
05-13-2012, 09:30 PM
Not to upset anyone further than they already are, but if I remember correctly I thought, and maybe I am wrong, they did away with the so called courtesy laps quite a while ago. I thought that they (the powers to be) stated that once the field was realigned that they would be given the one to go and if you were in the pits and started moving before the green they would go back yellow and allow you to rejoin the field, if not they would not hold the gate. Now, with that being said, I know that depending on who you are that there have some games played as some would call it by putting speedy dry down etc, etc. to delay the restart to allow them to get done what was needed and get back out. I am sure if you have been around long enough you know who I am talking about.

Jeff T
05-13-2012, 10:53 PM
Even if there are no longer courtesy laps given, the 7 car and the 12 car were both given opportunities to change their flats and return to the race track. What is pi$$ing me off the most is that they did not even have an official even close to our pit area during the entire pit stop. We were told after the races that "their" official made a call that we were doing more than changing a tire. Fact is, there never was an official in our pit asking if we could make it back out at all! Now, being in the pits during the mod races, every time a car came into the pits, there was at least one golf cart, if not two checking on every car that came in to see if they were able to continue. Shouldn't that apply to every car in every division? We did not get that courtesy.
When the co-chief stewards were questioned after the night was over, their final answer was "We made a mistake". What they call a mistake, I call the inability to follow their own rules and proceedures. What is fair for one, is fair for all.

Turbo
05-14-2012, 08:20 AM
They usually send an official to the pit area to ask if you are going to make it back out. If you are almost done they will hold the race for you to get back out there. I know its a tough job as an official but these are the basics and cant make these mistakes. Think they were so worried about putting buzzy to the back that they forgot all about Roger in the pits.

DriveitinDeep
05-14-2012, 09:40 AM
yeah, they forgot about the leader who was taken out. More important to to tend to the offender then the guy who got screwed.....twice

Lugnuts
05-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Roger, You are a staple in the division. I have to agree you did in fact get the royal shaft. I think these issues need to be discussed in drivers meetings. Maybe they need to be more attentive to whats going on in the pits and not only whats happening on the track during cautions. You guys dish out alot of money to race, given that I think fair opportunity should be given to you and others (within a reasonable time frame) to get flats changed / repairs made and get back to racing. After all car counts are getting lower and lower. Sat. only 9 cars in three divisions. How many more times are you going to keep coming back if things continue. I think thats a self answered question. Not for very long in my opinion. Thats already obvious with the cars counts as low as they are. I am sure the economy has alot to do with that also however I wouldn't count out the other issue either.

WEEZER
05-14-2012, 03:05 PM
Roger, You are a staple in the division. :drool:I have to agree you did in fact get the royal shaft. I think these issues need to be discussed in drivers meetings. Maybe they need to be more attentive to whats going on in the pits and not only whats happening on the track during cautions. You guys dish out alot of money to race, given that I think:rolleyes: fair opportunity should be given to you and others (within a reasonable time frame) to get flats changed / repairs made and get back to racing. After all car counts are getting lower and lower. Sat. only 9 cars in three divisions. How many more times are you going to keep coming back if things continue. I think thats a self answered question. Not for very long in my opinion. Thats already obvious with the cars counts as low as they are. I am sure the economy has alot to do with that also however I wouldn't count out the other issue either.;)

With only 9 LM'S you'd think it would'nt be hard to have the officials seeing everything?? Maybe add the Grand's to more saturday show's, they had 22 cars the first race.

TTOR
05-14-2012, 07:59 PM
;)

With only 9 LM'S you'd think it would'nt be hard to have the officials seeing everything?? Maybe add the Grand's to more saturday show's, they had 22 cars the first race.

There's an idea worth exploring.
It's a shame the LM's car counts are down, for a while last season it seemed that they were going up. But, you can't blame teams for not showing when officials are making such egregious errors. Roger really got the short end of the stick on Saturday and it's a shame because that was looking like it was going to be a great battle between Roger and Buzzy. But hopefully this was nothing more than a mistake. It's only the 2nd race with the new officials arrangement, there are bound to be some bumps in the road. Hopefully things will get better.

lmcrew68
05-16-2012, 08:57 PM
I watched the video on Pitstop pitbull today. In taking a NEUTRAL position on this, I thought it was a racing pass on the inside and still above the line. Roles reversed, Roger would have made the same move because he too had a car that was working. While unfortunate to say the least, I assure you Buzz in no way shape or form made that move for the lead with the intention of Roger being a victim. Roger and Buzz have been racing too long and respect each other. I totally agree with the above about shutting the gate the lack of an officlal in the area.It is strange others getting additional time to change a flat and hope the powers recognize this poor judgement of theirs.

Jeff T
05-17-2012, 10:11 PM
Hey, Buzzy was going for it, that's all. He came over after the race and he and RJ talked. don't know what was said, but everything looked to be okay with both drivers. My issue is with officials, their actions and their calls. Dennis pits right next to us and had plenty of time to change his flat. Chris parks almost at the end of the pits and he had time to change his flat. We didn't get the courtesy. So instead of having an opportunity to go back and improve our position, we got stuck with a DNF. It seems that there is STILL inconsistancy in policy and action by the NEW officiating regime.

DriveitinDeep
05-18-2012, 11:43 AM
I have no problem with Buzz, just the officials

greggforce01
05-23-2012, 09:48 PM
Couldn't believe they closed the ramp on the 39, not right! :confused: