PDA

View Full Version : Twin 30's

Lugnuts
05-13-2012, 09:47 PM
What a race!! Pretty pathetic in my book, single file restart by lap 8 for the premier division. I guess I shouldn't be surprised at that. What a concept it would be to let the guys race as they should. The field had some good cars up front and had some good racing, in tight quarters when guys are vying for the same real estate these things happen. Oh, the twin 30 concept, yes, another 60 lap race so called twin 30's. I know some people probably have a different view on running the two 30's as different races with some time in between. I am sure the Solomitos, and a few others probably would have liked some time to repair there cars and run in the second 30. Call it what you want but it was nothing more that a 60 lap race with a competition caution. :disgusted

Hollywood
05-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Interesting idea was told to me yesterday...... Time trial laps: 1st lap is where you start the first 30 second lap is where you start the second 30.... If you have survived.... Just a thought....or fodder......LOL

Lugnuts
05-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Funny you bring that up. I commented to a friend that was with me saturday night exactly what you stated. iot a bad idea. With that format and a space between the two races I think that would work out fairly well. As for the purse issue that would remain to be worked out. Maybe a combination of the two averaged would work for the payout issue.

Fkraft99
05-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Guys its not Twin 30's. Its not 2 separate races. Only lap 60 pays money and track points. So no one will be willing to give up any ground they gained in the first 30 laps. I think its a great thing that the track is doing this to help guys gain State/National points. But in the end its really just a 60 lap feature that should not be realigned at all. Think of it like this, this week is the Hall of Fame 100. At lap 50 should they take the leader at put him to 6th? I know its not advertised that way with the "Twin 30" format but essentially its same thing. I think the idea of calling it "Twin 30's" needs to be reworked, or make it a true twin 30. Bowman Gray runs twin 25 races almost every week, and its works out well. But each race has its own pay out and pays out track and state/national points. Seems like Riverhead has 2 choices, get rid of the "twin 30" name or split the races up and make it a double feature night.

Rich Mergl
05-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Many Many great ideas! Whats lacking is a little imagination by the folks that call the shots!

maestri fan 1
05-14-2012, 06:07 PM
send them an email with your suggestions. I have done it twice and both times have gotten responses.