PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to drive the Hillybilly 79????

mod35
05-15-2012, 03:55 PM
Who's the new driver?

limodmaniac
05-15-2012, 04:35 PM
From what I hear, Jon McKennedy and the 79 modified will be at Riverhead, this coming week for the HOF 100!

Thanks to Sandra Hill and David Hill for doing this! It is extremely appreciated!

I also heard they were on the roster for Stafford. But don't quote me!

uticamike
05-15-2012, 09:18 PM
I always thought the Hill's brought some pretty good equipment to the races now they have a driver to match it. McKennedy is a great choice I think. I'll bet David will be

repairing the car a lot less if nothing else.

bud
05-16-2012, 03:21 AM
Hopefully they fix that throttle linkage. Rocco now McKennady ......

Goldy
05-16-2012, 09:09 AM
I didn't see where Hemeric lost the ride?? I think he has a tremendous future and they have run really well together. He caught right on at Thompson last year and was one of the very few "racy" cars at the Sizzler. If there was a conflict at Manadnock, Jon was/is a perfect fit.. I can see both doing very well in that seat.. perhaps a north/south split in driving duties?..... David?

Howie
05-16-2012, 11:04 AM
I didn't see where Hemeric lost the ride?? I think he has a tremendous future and they have run really well together. He caught right on at Thompson last year and was one of the very few "racy" cars at the Sizzler. If there was a conflict at Manadnock, Jon was/is a perfect fit.. I can see both doing very well in that seat.. perhaps a north/south split in driving duties?..... David?

Hemric didn't loose the ride. Apparently he quit the ride because he felt modifieds wouldn't take him where he wants to go in racing. Needless to say the Hills are extremely disappointed. I think I saw somewhere that you will see Jon in the 79 again.

Bud, I was not at Monadnock, so this is second hand. Apparently there was an incident that caused contact between the 79 and another car in turn 4. During the contact the hood moved and jammed the throttle linkage wide open.

I also saw that Brian Loftin will drive the 79 at Bowman Gray on June 1st.

Goldy
05-16-2012, 03:05 PM
I see... Now I won't bash here because I was really liking what he was doing thus far - but this feels like another Sean Caisse type then, so eager to climb the NASCAR ladder, can't be wasting time in the Mods... no worries, best of luck to him - I hope Jon gets more opportunities in the 79..

mod35
05-16-2012, 03:20 PM
I'd like to see Bobby Santos in the 79

Goldy
05-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Now there's an idea... there are VERY few better wheelmen..

DaFingz
05-17-2012, 09:18 AM
Driving in the NWMT definitely showed that Hemric was versatile. Although quitting is never cool, I can't really blame the kid for leaving based on his reasoning (if he did indeed leave to pursue better career advancement). If you are trying to go up the NASCAR ladder then why would you waste time in a division that gets no respect by NASCAR? NASCAR has paved the way to junior stardom through late models and the East series, if your goal is to go big league racing then that is the route you should travel. Sadly, wheeling a modified just doesn't get you the type of exposure you need.

MOD11RACER
05-17-2012, 05:48 PM
Hemric didn't loose the ride. Apparently he quit the ride because he felt modifieds wouldn't take him where he wants to go in racing. Needless to say the Hills are extremely disappointed. I think I saw somewhere that you will see Jon in the 79 again.

Bud, I was not at Monadnock, so this is second hand. Apparently there was an incident that caused contact between the 79 and another car in turn 4. During the contact the hood moved and jammed the throttle linkage wide open.

I also saw that Brian Loftin will drive the 79 at Bowman Gray on June 1st.

100% correct Howie

BigMac
05-17-2012, 06:35 PM
He couldn't figure this out over the 6 month off season? A commitment is a commitment where I come from. To walk away 2 races into a 14 race schedule isn't cool. I guess the fans win here regardless because Jon is a better driver who's talents are appreciated in this part of the country. The Reg would be my second choice if they need another driver.

jpj
05-18-2012, 08:12 AM
He couldn't figure this out over the 6 month off season? A commitment is a commitment where I come from. To walk away 2 races into a 14 race schedule isn't cool. I guess the fans win here regardless because Jon is a better driver who's talents are appreciated in this part of the country. The Reg would be my second choice if they need another driver.

2 races in, and 2 days before the next scheduled race. Talk about high and dry...

bud
05-18-2012, 09:47 PM
My apologies to the 79 team

rim runner
05-23-2012, 01:51 PM
100% correct Howie

Not 100%. The kid was getting pressure from sponsors to race more down south and step out of his WMT ride.

In this money strapped economy, who can blame him? If you have people standing in the corner willing to pay the bills, you better listen to them, because those type of people are hard to come by (just look at the shrinking car counts on the WMT).

If people can remember back to last fall, it was never a done deal that Hemric would be running the car in 2012, until things were firmed up in March. I think the Hills knew going into this deal it wasn't going to be long-term for Hemric.

The Bullfather
05-23-2012, 04:02 PM
McKennedy looked comfortable at Riverhead, heard he was fast in practice was horrible in time trails, worked his way through the field from the back with some swift outside and inside moves, before using up his equipment. But most say, I was impressed with his run! The man knows short track racing!