PDA

View Full Version : Rock Cancelled

Mod Squad
05-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Posted by NASCAR Home Tracks on Twitter. The Southern Mod Tour race at Rockingham has been cancelled due to "logistics" issues. Right.

worm
05-16-2012, 05:28 PM
what does that mean? shootout date will that be changed?

bud
05-17-2012, 03:17 AM
Maybe UPS shoulda sponsored this race. I hear they specialize in logistics.....lol

DaFingz
05-17-2012, 09:23 AM
What a shame. Just as the NWSMT was picking up some steam. It would have been great for those guys to get another race on a national series track. Corey Lajoie has got to be pretty upset about this, he runs great at The Rock and would have been my favorite for the win there. I can't wait to hear NASCAR's BS excuse for changing the venue.

CuriousGeorge
05-17-2012, 11:06 AM
Wouldnt it have been cheaper to add to just add to the purse instead of wasting all that money scheduling a race, starting to promote it, then cancel it?

worm
05-17-2012, 09:27 PM
will they cancell daytona in 2013 ?

DaFingz
05-18-2012, 09:21 AM
will they cancell daytona in 2013 ?

This has nothing to do with the Daytona shootout race. The Southern Mod Tour has cancelled it's season finale at Rockingham and moved it to the 1/4 infield track at Charlotte.

gmac19
05-18-2012, 04:49 PM
number one, they were not going to make a bigger purse, number two hooiser wasnt going to make a "special tire" for the event, youd have to because after 40 laps the tire will be gone...its sad because they hyped this up in the beginning and as far as i new a lot of north teams have said they were going to go..this could help the shootout/hurt it, teams from the north were talking bout going to the rock than leaving there trailers at caraway for shootout following week.

southernmodfan
05-20-2012, 04:36 PM
Talked to several people @ Bowman Gray last week, word has it the cars were too fast, coming out of turn four cars would jump out toward wall, probably more of a safety issue. They even had a restrictor plate. Same as New Hampshire.(Loudon). Really a shame would have been a good race but I guess they are looking at it, as stated before safety issues.