PDA

View Full Version : Father's day weekend ENDURO...... MUST READ AND SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!!!!!

A69pizzoo
05-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Some of the enduro drivers that have won before have gotten together and have decided not to race the second 8 cyl race on father’s day. Which means only one thing there will be a first time winner in the second 8 cyl... I believe out of the group of people that race the 8's there is about 6 of us that have wins Dege, Dom, Eddie, Jess, Bob, and myself (Anthony). So far five of us have agreed Bob was not at the track last night so we were unable to speak to him but I’m sure he will be in for it. What we ask is if we have forgotten anyone else that has an 8cyl win that you please do not race that event. Also we ask that everyone enters as if you were racing so that way we don’t short the track... What we are trying to do is build car count. Back in the day there was people like us that always won and it was not fun it us, since we are those people winning we understand is not fun to everyone else. So we figure this is way to let people who normally don’t run up front to run up front.

degerussell
05-20-2012, 09:10 PM
I have been wanting to have this Maiden Enduro for years. I think it is a great idea, & to have it on Fathers Day makes it that much better. Good luck to all you racers!! Enjoy!!!

j-rod
05-21-2012, 10:23 AM
if any of u guys need replacement drivers for that race im sure a few of us ex/non enduro guys would be willing to fill a good seat

deathwishracin1
05-21-2012, 06:13 PM
I've heard rumors that at least some on the previous winners were thinking about/planning to put different drivers in their car for that race. Any truth to that? I'm not looking to run it, I'm just curious.

A69pizzoo
05-21-2012, 06:41 PM
I've heard rumors that at least some on the previous winners were thinking about/planning to put different drivers in their car for that race. Any truth to that? I'm not looking to run it, I'm just curious.

Maybe

But they would be non winners

hamwallet516
05-21-2012, 06:49 PM
hey guys please dont take any offense to this but i have to say it...this is kris i drive the blu 88 monte...ive been racing for alittle bit now...and i think i know all of you guys enough to say the top 6 guys in the last 7 yrs are all very good drivers...you all have been doing this a very very long time...all of you negotiate what little traffic we have left out there very well......the part i love about racing is trying to catch you guys... fathers day sounds almost like a pity race to me...forgive if im wrong for saying this but if its not true you guys shouldnt get offended but rather than having a toilet bowl series race why dont we all do our best to keep stock motors in our cars and keep them stock and i think everyone would be alot closer...i think most guys dropped out of this division not cause they are sick of being beat but sick of being beat by cars that belong coming to the track with a set of slicks and running with the grands... i dont think everyone wants to go and put crate motors on credit cards...and like i said im not trying to take any skills away from anyone cause we all know who can drive and who cant...i understand that if you stick to the rules you can make your car turn but when a small block chevy malibu, monte, or caprice gains 4-5 car lengths on you in a straight away thats when guys drop out or move up....im not saying any of this to be a jerk... because like i said i love trying to catch you guys...i have learned from all of you and thank you.. but this fathers day race isnt for me...its sound like a real smack in the face...and again if your not cheating then dont take offense..its just getting frustrating

RacinRob
05-21-2012, 07:07 PM
I'm looking for a ride for this I've never won an Enduro! Lol

davis26
05-21-2012, 08:20 PM
I think its pretty noble that you guys would sit out and give other people a shot .....but at the same time would u really want non-winners to drive your cars that youve worked so hard on that have made it to victory lane and take the chance of somthing happen to them ??? i was one of those people who wasnt winning ( and still havent) who was getting frustrated of being spanked by guys like anthony , the nelson brothers , pitbull and so on .... it takes wrench time and practice to get ur car right , anthony always told me that i spend more time working on my car than anybody he knows ... it paid off in the long run cause in my last 4 races i havent finished outside the top ten... good luck to all competitors this sunday !!!!!!!!!!!!

jmac
05-22-2012, 12:45 PM
I would like to say thank you for the gesture and I believe you are sincere in you reasons but think about this way, you guys are saying to the rest of us if you wan't to win a race we will allow you to do so on Fathers day second race .Well that is a kick in the balls to anyone who has any pride in what they are doing and I say thanks but no thanks . I would have to explain to my Family and Friends who come every race to support me and this track ,that all the fast cars dropped out so I could have a chance at a win . And yes it is frustrating to watch the same cars every week lap a field of 35 to 50 or more cars not just one time . I have been running a Monte Carlo since 1994 1973-77 Monte's all 350 2 $ 4 bl carbs and with some good rubber and other adjustments what could get you in the top 5 and even a win and it did more than once ,can barely keep you in top 10 today and there are many reasons . Some of you guys are running the same chevy's I am, and if we r all running similar type stock equipment than the rest us with some hard work should be able to get closer and closer to running you guys down. So please don't take it the wrong way but don't move over so we can have a chance at a win I would rather be a fair and square 5th or 6th and earn a win the right way fair and square. I don't see how this will get car count up but hopefully I am wrong because the car count sucks . The racing is good and for the most part very clean for enduro racing so keep up the good work and good luck to all the rest trying figure out how to get around this place faster and faster each race ,we will get there don't give up.

Jim 75 Monte Self Appointed Team Captain "Team Hamwallet Racing" Allways on time and ready to go with no last minute repairs on race day... And special thanks to new sponser of Monte Steve from "Pit Bull Motors Inc"

A69pizzoo
05-22-2012, 06:52 PM
The reason behind this is because years ago there used to be a race that was called a maiden enduro and no previous winners were allowed to race. Thought it would have been a great idea for father’s day but if you guys don’t appreciate it then I will talk to the others and scrap the idea.

PIT BULL
05-22-2012, 07:55 PM
Maybe that reason should have been brought up in the first post. Oh well, its all good. Makes for more competitive racing. Great job behind the wheel Jim. If the monte doesnt do the trick I have one of these as a plan B if you like?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dk7cJ-9Cdc

Its a stick in full European garb.There is more then one way to skin a cat. LOL. Lets work the bugs out of the Monte 1st. If Chris or Chris need some help my shop doors are open. Good luck to all racers this weekend.

jmac
05-22-2012, 08:00 PM
Don't scrap anything based on my post by those rules i cannot race anyway . But remember guys showed 100 or more for a shot at 1,000 $ cash and I think that was part of it also but maybe guys would love this chance.

racing#s
05-23-2012, 07:23 PM
Good theory and gesture..,but won't work with all...some will like it,some won't.
Reminds me of 'way back when', there was a "Champions Enduro race"....I forgot the details,but it
was the top five from all the races.Only they were in the Championship race -that was a cool deal.
It was all the allstars from the Enduros,and it was always a great race.
I think the usual frontrunners should at the least,move to the back.
In NASCAR....many drivers like the 'big boys' racing,.or the "Buschwackers" as they were once called. The Nationwide drivers
like the challenge when the NASCAR guys run in 'their' series. It ups the competition,makes them dig deeper.

A69pizzoo
05-23-2012, 09:16 PM
Good theory and gesture..,but won't work with all...some will like it,some won't.
Reminds me of 'way back when', there was a "Champions Enduro race"....I forgot the details,but it
was the top five from all the races.Only they were in the Championship race -that was a cool deal.
It was all the allstars from the Enduros,and it was always a great race.
I think the usual frontrunners should at the least,move to the back.
In NASCAR....many drivers like the 'big boys' racing,.or the "Buschwackers" as they were once called. The Nationwide drivers
like the challenge when the NASCAR guys run in 'their' series. It ups the competition,makes them dig deeper.

my brother and i were thinking about that, moving to the back. we just have to get everyone on board. we figured maybe the top five from the previous race should start out back.

DJB74
05-24-2012, 02:17 PM
Oh that's right! They ran an event called the "Invitational Enduro" if I remember correctly, and the only drivers eligible were people who had wins and top 5 finishes. I also remember the Maiden Enduro which was the opposite of that....for drivers who have never won. But that had to be 10 years ago when there were many more Enduro cars out there.

A69pizzoo
05-24-2012, 04:34 PM
Oh that's right! They ran an event called the "Invitational Enduro" if I remember correctly, and the only drivers eligible were people who had wins and top 5 finishes. I also remember the Maiden Enduro which was the opposite of that....for drivers who have never won. But that had to be 10 years ago when there were many more Enduro cars out there.

Yes there were.

The Bullfather
05-24-2012, 05:48 PM
You try to do something nice.............

A69pizzoo
05-24-2012, 06:41 PM

I know right.

Golf Guy
05-25-2012, 10:57 AM

Pete I am sure the guys offering to sit out the second race are doing so with the best of intentions. But anyone with any pride will look at this as a pity race. So before we go acting all holy than thou, put yourself in their shoes...

The Bullfather
05-25-2012, 01:17 PM
I don't see it as a pity race at all! It was out of gesture to help improve the division and it's racers. I'd like to see a race with a new crop of guys battling for the top spot at the finish.The problem is anything you do anymore always has someone saying: "you did it with so and so intentions!" I was with some these guys in the pits when we were talking about, before they decided to turn this plan into actions. These guys are always willing to help, away from the track and on race day. They want to see the 8 Cyl Enduros grow in terms of #s and driving skills. I can see both sides, but no matter what you say or do, nowadays, someone has something to say, instead of "Thank You!". JMO :) I'll see Saturday or Sunday!