PDA

View Full Version : Stafford

Sicklajoie
05-26-2012, 09:54 AM
The fact that teams were allowed to change 2 tires made for a very interesting race, which isn't something you can say very often at Stafford.
Nice to see different strategies and plenty of passing.
Congrats to Doug for a great run! That right front may have gone flat on lap 25 but it was actually going soft about 5 laps into the race. He did a great job of hanging on for 20 laps before the yellow came out!

DaFingz
05-26-2012, 10:57 AM
The rain delay in the middle of qualifying also added to the drama of the race. A lot of fast cars had to come from the mid or rear pack because they bad the bad luck of turning their laps on a green track. A good clean race with a ton of action. Thanks to Doug Coby for putting on a hell of a show. I can't wait for the 'Bowl.

SUfan
05-28-2012, 08:04 AM
Interesting how quiet it is on here after a very good tour race.

uticamike
05-28-2012, 12:18 PM
Given that Stafford is my favorite short track, 3 cheers to them and the Tour for a good show. I'll be there for the MRS race in June, hope that one is up to par as well.

Acadia
05-28-2012, 03:49 PM
Interesting how quiet it is on here after a very good tour race.

Yeah, only one DNF, and that was not related to an accident. Only four running cars a lap down at the end. That's a lot of cars on the lead lap. Still plenty of single car spins, more than seems "normal".

Lia made a spectacular save through 1-2. Never saw a car go so sideways for so long without wrecking, other than a dirt car. He went through 1-2 very sideways for a very long time. Amazing the car didn't snap around and head into the wall. I wish someone had that on video. I think there was a collective gasp in the stands watching that. Fantastic recovery.

5 cautions for 21 laps is very good, about half of what is average.

There was stuff going on all over. If you were watching the front of the pack, the rear of the pack was a different order next time by. Coby and Santos were checking out, but behind them, it could have ended many different ways. Pretty good, clean, race.

uticamike
05-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Yeah, only one DNF, and that was not related to an accident. Only four running cars a lap down at the end. That's a lot of cars on the lead lap. Still plenty of single car spins, more than seems "normal".

Lia made a spectacular save through 1-2. Never saw a car get go so sideways for so long without wrecking, other than a dirt car. He went through 1-2 very sideways for a very long time. Amazing the car didn't snap around and head into the wall. I wish someone had that on video. I think there was a collective gasp in the stands watching that. Fantastic recovery.

5 cautions for 21 laps is very good, about half of what is average.

There was stuff going on all over. If you were watching the front of the pack, the rear of the pack was a different order next time by. Coby and Santos were checking out, but behind them, it could have ended many different ways. Pretty good, clean, race.

It's races like these that make the stinkers so hard to take. You know they can race hard and clean and when they don't it gets frustrating and it

often comes out of our finger tips like we hate every thing. It's quite the opposite really. What has been established is that ALL series have their

duds and jewels. Personally I want all 3 series to prosper and grow. What else would you expect from a Mod junkie.:applause:

Acadia
05-30-2012, 11:08 PM
UticaMike, there's big differences between customer feedback, advocating and hating.

If a race stinks, there's nothing wrong with discussing it. We pay big bucks to attend these events, we are well within reason to let it be known when we are disappointed with the product. Civil discussion is not hating.

Sometimes it appears that entities that can make a difference read this stuff and act on it. The rules they are a changin'.