PDA

View Full Version : Just a reminder about propper etiquette...

CJfilms
05-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Some drivers tend to forget about the lengthy procedural rules that are in place to help and guide you...

Red Flag:
When the red is out, stay stopped until you can clearly see there is not an issue around you...wave your hands if you want to go to the pits and drive slowly (preferably through the infield) into and in the pits.

IF YOU BRING OUT THE RED FLAG:
If you're stuck and wave your hands to stop the race....you are done racing! The car is deemed dead and you must exit the vehicle. If you are facing traffic, wave your hands and stop the race, you cannot turn your vehicle around and keep on going... The car is dead.

Want to get out?:
Wave your hands in your car to stop the race...DO NOT STOP WAVING!!! The #91 was stuck right below me when I was up in the flag stand...I saw him only wave his hands for a split second...twice... Wave and keep waving!

Race to the front...don't bully your way!:
Can't get around that guy in front of you after 5 laps and want to use the bumper... We've said it before, rubbin' is racin'....but you have to pass them clean! If you bump them and get them loose, DON'T spin them out. If they put up a fight for their position, try try again... If you RAM someone hard, that is rough riding...you will be black flagged for it...you can most likely expect retaliation from them when you try to get around them.

Spin to win?...no...:
If you do end up getting in a position where you are spinning another vehicle...LET OFF THE GAS!!! If you power through spinning them around completely, you are responsible for spinning them out... If they are in front of you sideways...back off a bit and let them get out of it. We know the difference between an intentional spin and a racing incident...

Speeding through the infield:
Yes the infield, not only the pits, is not good too... There are parked vehicles, equipment, officials, drivers who are no longer racing and many other obstacles that you have to be careful about. No, this is not directed towards the XXX car that mudded up my car last race....that was kind of funny until I tried to drive home!

Drivers in the infield:
If you abandon your car mid-race and stay in the infield for the remainder of the event...STAY BEHIND A WALL! Do not walk around in the open areas, do not chat with officials...ALWAYS face oncoming traffic!!! If you are in the infield because your car broke...do not get out to work on it...infield pitting is prohibited and the car will be deemed dead.

Abandon the car for the race, not forever!!!:
If you get out of the car and go into the pits, don't expect the tow truck drivers to come looking for you to deliver your car to you after the race. You or a crew member MUST return to the car when it is being removed to direct the crew where to take the vehicle and possibly steer. Any cars that have been left on the track and have no driver/crew attending them after the event will be towed to the infield for collection after all other racing is complete. The tow truck drivers can only work as fast as you can help them....if they hook a car and have to drive around for five minutes until someone stops them...the shows will take longer and longer.......

There are plenty more topics to cover, but these are the issues I see problems with the most... We can all use a little reminder time to time, and I know there is a lot to remember... These rules are mainly for your SAFETY...and the also guarantee you an honest race.