PDA

View Full Version : 05/31/12 - Racing Legends, Past & Present, at Bowman Gray

RGeeProductions
05-31-2012, 06:51 PM
Travis Pastrana, Glen Wood, and others part of two-day event.

Past and future generations of NASCAR legends converge at Bowman Gray Stadium this weekend.

The NASCAR Hall of Fame sponsors Saturday’s NASCAR Hall of Fame 150 for the K&N Pro Series East. Serving as Grand Marshal and giving the
starting command will be Glen Wood. Well known for his involvement in the successful Wood Brothers Racing Team, Glen Wood also racked up 29 wins
and two championships as a competitor at Bowman Gray Stadium.

Competing in the NHOF 150 will be such notable names as Chase Elliott, the current points leader for the K&N Pro Series East. Elliott
took advantage of a recent test session to take a few laps around the tight quarter mile of Bowman Gray Stadium. “I felt like we learned a lot
over there that will help prepare us for the upcoming race,” said Elliott. “We can definitely be better, and I know going back, everybody's going
to work hard to be as best prepared as we can.”

And for the first time at the Madhouse, actions sports icon Travis Pastrana will be competing in the NHOF150. With a wide variety of
racing experience under his belt, Pastrana is looking forward to showing what he’s got at Bowman Gray Stadium.

“I am excited to get back to short track racing. It’s a flat track so I think my go-kart background will help me this weekend,” said
Pastrana. “The bumping and banging is going to be a lot of fun. I know a lot of the guys’ cars are completely destroyed by the end of the race. I
also hear the crowd at Bowman Gray is just incredible. I am hoping for another successful run this weekend.”

Harrison Rhodes of High Point, a local hopeful, will be making his K&N Pro Series East debut on Saturday at Bowman Gray Stadium. Cory
LaJoie and Ben Kennedy, who finished second and third in last year’s 150-lapper, will be returning again in 2012 to go for the win.

And there will be plenty of other racing this weekend on Friday and Saturday with four divisions of Bowman Gray Stadium racing putting on
a show. The weekend highlights the NASCAR Hall of Fame’s recent efforts to recognize the heroes of grassroots racing. A new exhibit, “Grassroots
Racing: Where NASCAR Stars Are Born” is open now through October 6 at the Hall of Fame, featuring decades’ worth of Bowman Gray Stadium racing.

The two-day event begins Friday at Bowman Gray Stadium with the G-OIL 100 for the Modifieds and racing for the Sportsman, Street Stock,
and Stadium Stock Divisions. And regular adult admission is only eight dollars.

Then on Saturday, it’s the NASCAR Hall of Fame 150 for the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East with a 100-lap race for the Modifieds. Saturday
will be a Two Dollar Ladies’ Night where women can see the racing action for only two dollars.

Gates open at 6:00 for practice and the first race is at 8:00 – on both Friday and Saturday nights.
Ticket prices, directions, and more
information can be found online at www.bowmangrayracing.com or by calling (336) 723-1819.

Loren Pinilis