PDA

View Full Version : ????????????????

nflobster
06-17-2012, 01:49 PM
what was the outcome with the altercation between the 48 and 15 in the pit area after the feature other than the punches thrown.

JH6868
06-17-2012, 08:19 PM
They're going to change John's last name to "foughtin" since there isn't anyone left in the pits he hasn't fought with!

nflobster
06-17-2012, 08:57 PM
so i guess no penalty? haven't others gotten time off for less than what happened here or is it a judgment call?

mbgolfer
06-18-2012, 06:34 AM
I guess what Ted did is ok with you guys

modified_fan
06-18-2012, 07:03 AM
I am very confused here.

What did Teddy do that was wrong?

I know that I am biased, but I saw Teddy skillfully use his chrome horn time and again, yet allowing the leader to correct. The leader equally ran a very good race holding onto his position.

Immediately after the race in Turns 1-2 Teddy pulled alongside the winner to congratulate him and was right turned hard by the 48. Truly a W T F moment. (Actually Teddy stated this on the radio as he was most surprised at the 48's reaction.)

This was quite petty and very unsportsmanlike on the part of the winner, who one would think would be savoring his hard fought victory.

Was not Saturday's modified race before that point, a shining example of the kind of racing that we want?

Turbo
06-18-2012, 08:59 AM
nothing should lead to throwing punches, everyone needed to take a breather and talk about it at a later time.

nflobster
06-18-2012, 09:20 AM
so there you have it... it is ok to fight and punch with no ramifacations. have at it boys.

mbgolfer
06-18-2012, 09:45 AM
so there you have it... it is ok to fight and punch with no ramifacations. have at it boys.

I agree, no fighting needed. But why did Ted have to rough up John's bumper, with four laps to go. He wouldn't have even been there for not a late caution. That's why John nerf him at the end of the race. So now, that makes Wayne & some crew members going over & onto John's trailer ramp. Where are the officials

catfish
06-18-2012, 10:32 AM
What makes it right for John to "nerf" him after the race?

nflobster
06-18-2012, 10:48 AM
or punch wayne in the face after the race for that matter

Turbo
06-18-2012, 11:47 AM
"so there you have it... it is ok to fight and punch with no ramifacations. have at it boys."

nah, that happened last year with fighting.... I got fined, my brother got fined and my dad got banned for a year. I already got warned this year already as well if we step out of line they will park me for the year.

nflobster
06-18-2012, 11:50 AM
turbo- if there was a fine and or suspension the same penalty should apply here. after all it is consistancy we are looking for.

Hollywood
06-18-2012, 01:27 PM
I said it on FB and I'll say it here.... The racing was intense and driving was masterfully done by both competitors.."roughing up the leader" is part of it.. but TC DID let the 48 straighten up each time... As for the late caution, if anyone noticed, TC was riding around behind the 48 just inches from his bumper... Nothing like a mirror full of the most notorious Mod driver on the track! I think it was a great mind game the 15 played... Totally classless at the end, $500.00 or more worth of unecessary damage...

TTOR
06-19-2012, 12:32 AM
Ted Christopher has a reputation for racing rough, no one should be surprised at the way he drove, especially not John. I'm not defending the TC races, but John knew what he was dealing with. TC did everything but wreck him, but the important thing was that he didn't cross that line. I'm surprised John was so upset, after all he still won and without any major damage. From a spectators standpoint it was one hell of an exciting race. I didn't see the altercation in the pits, but if punches were thrown there needs to be action. I was under the impression that any fighting was supposed to lead to a one race suspension, but Riverhead's been pretty iffy on this rule in the past couple of seasons.

nflobster
06-19-2012, 08:37 AM
pretty quiet out there or people don't want to talk. i guess no foul

mbgolfer
06-19-2012, 08:52 AM

It's the old saying: Two wrongs, don't make it right. Everyone has there own opinion on this matter. It's not worth going any further.

mbgolfer
06-19-2012, 08:58 AM

I didn't like what Ted did to John, I didn't like what John did to Ted after the checker. So this brough the event in the pits. Don't like that either. But everyone sees things differently & has there own opinion on this matter. Enough said.

RacinRob
06-19-2012, 11:41 AM
It's the old saying: Two wrongs, don't make it right. Everyone has there own opinion on this matter. It's not worth going any further.

Its not worth going any further because it wouldn't be beneficial to John Fortin, but if the shoe was on the other foot im sure the 48 crew would push to get somebody suspended.

bud
06-20-2012, 12:43 AM
Teddy just makin friends!

maestri fan 1
06-20-2012, 06:59 PM
After watching that race, I think it was a great race. Yes there was some rubbing but that's racing. Everytime TC bumped Fortin, he backed off. I think it was a clean race. It's a damn shame Wayne got punched in the face. I am curious though with the suspensions that were handed out last year to the Turbush's for fighting, why hasn't there been any talk about suspensions to the Fortin's and crew? Very inconsistant if you ask me. AND just for the record I am not trying to bad mouth ANYONE. I just don't understand how a 65 year old can get hit and no penalty to the other team.

MSK27
06-21-2012, 09:21 AM
Did Wayne get punched in the face?

nflobster
06-22-2012, 11:15 AM
i guess no one witnessed the crime so there will be no time off for bad behavior. i guess if it was a different racing family the outcome would have been different.

modified_fan
06-22-2012, 12:05 PM
The 6/16 race was a damned exciting spectacle. John Fortin got a well deserved win.

The track officials are doing a very nice job under demanding conditions to provide us the stage for good races. (And I should say a big thank you to them for stepping up with answers and changes weeks back, after I labeled the 5/26 race a 'travesty'.)

Its time to move on.

Ka$h25
06-22-2012, 05:17 PM
I thought there was also a zero tolerence policy for post-race retaliations?

That you can see clear as day on the tape.

But again, I guess they only review the tape when it's convenient.

mal861976
06-24-2012, 11:30 AM
I guess daddy Fortin set a good example the week before, Fighting in the pits IS acceptable. The 2 No talent kids of his attacking Howie after the race was disgusting, not once but twice. At the ramp and again later as he was trying to get back to his pit. Then to read on facebook comments made by one of illiterate Fortin crew members defending all their actions and how everyone else is always at fault. I heard they were looking to move the 15 teams pit stall, why? If they won't suspend them, move them to where the 98 team was pitted. it's away from everyone else and they can be somewhat caged like they deserve.

mal861976
06-24-2012, 11:39 AM
The Fortin Teams are who should be moved was point I was trying to make here...

livelovelax37
06-24-2012, 11:58 AM
I guess daddy Fortin set a good example the week before, Fighting in the pits IS acceptable. The 2 No talent kids of his attacking Howie after the race was disgusting, not once but twice. At the ramp and again later as he was trying to get back to his pit. Then to read on facebook comments made by one of illiterate Fortin crew members defending all their actions and how everyone else is always at fault. I heard they were looking to move the 15 teams pit stall, why? If they won't suspend them, move them to where the 98 team was pitted. it's away from everyone else and they can be somewhat caged like they deserve.

I guess trying to run over a 19 year old girl is acceptable and running over a man's foot is acceptable in your eyes too meanwhile the crew member was on his way to the inspection area to go to the 48 car when his foot got run over. Those "no talent kids" were voicing there opinion, they never once touched Howie. Amber was letting him know that you don't mess with her brother when Howie used his car as a weapon towards a young lady. As for JB, he was in his pit area minding his own business until he heard that his sister almost got ran over by a middle-aged man. He went over, asked what was wrong with him, and didn't lay a hand on Howie. Howie's spotter decided to try and tackle one of the Fortin's crew members. And then someone else, who had nothing to do with the entire situation, decided to put JB in a chokehold and threw him to the ground while he was standing there. When he was released from the chokehold, JB went back to his pit area. Those "no talent kids" who were racing for 7th and 8th before the wreck occurred, were voicing there opinions like every other driver and crew does at Riverhead Raceway. Howie and his team were the first to evoke the violence by using a car as a weapon when someone is talking to you through your window net. But I guess the Fortin kids are the first and the only ones to ever tell another driver how they felt.

mal861976
06-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Going after a driver while strapped in a racecar, thats a smart idea. What happened to going to talk to a driver after they're out of the car like adults? Wait, these kids weren't brought up that way!

livelovelax37
06-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Going after a driver while strapped in a racecar, thats a smart idea. What happened to going to talk to a driver after they're out of the car like adults? Wait, these kids weren't brought up that way!

So just because the driver was still strapped in the racecar, in your head that makes it okay for him to go after two people with his car, which could result in injuries? That's with knowing intent, which technically you could get arrested for. Also what is more sickening is that he is a father and has a daughter as well as a son of his own. And back to them confronting him in the car, i guess there the only drivers who have ever done that. No drivers have ever gone up to another driver, while there still strapped in the racecar, many even still on the racetrack, and have yelled at them. Only the Fortin kids right? There the only ones?

mbgolfer
06-24-2012, 01:07 PM
So just because the driver was still strapped in the racecar, in your head that makes it okay for him to go after two people with his car, which could result in injuries? That's with knowing intent, which technically you could get arrested for. Also what is more sickening is that he is a father and has a daughter as well as a son of his own. And back to them confronting him in the car, i guess there the only drivers who have ever done that. No drivers have ever gone up to another driver, while there still strapped in the racecar, many even still on the racetrack, and have yelled at them. Only the Fortin kids right? There the only ones?

OK, The heck with all the BS, where is the race results???????????

mal861976
06-24-2012, 01:12 PM
I guess your right, Fortin's again did nothing wrong, never do. Who are they going to fight next week? Who's left?

livelovelax37
06-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Never said they were 100% right with there actions, but why are they the only ones who are 100% wrong in your eyes and others? There not the only drivers in that pit who have gotten into fights or confronted drivers whether in the car or not. Trying to run someone over is absolutely insane and animal-like, no matter the circumstances or who it was being done to.

maestri fan 1
06-24-2012, 07:35 PM
I guess your right, Fortin's again did nothing wrong, never do. Who are they going to fight next week? Who's left?

I would assume by now after this being the 2nd week in a row they were violent towards another team that a suspension SHOULD be in order....

rrealto
06-24-2012, 08:22 PM
Where is Maggio when you need him??

JH6868
06-24-2012, 08:59 PM
This week, Fortin vs Brode. Last week, Fortin vs Anderson. Before that, Fortin vs Solomito. There is a common denominator here. The officials need to step up and do something before someone gets hurt, whether it be a Fortin or someone else. One of Fortins crew threw a wrench at Brode and little Fortin was running all over the pits looking for trouble. One day he's going to find it.

livelovelax37
06-24-2012, 09:07 PM
Go back another page and read what actually happened. JB was in his pit area not doing anything until Howie tried running over his sister. JB was going back to his pit area after the fact until he found out Howie ran over his crew members foot. Immediatly after he was ran over Howie's spotter was on Fortin's crew members back punching him. The wrench was thrown for that reason, and immediatly after he knew what he did was wrong but anger gets the best of everybody. After the crew member was fighting his own battle JB was going back to his pit area when Rob Bader, who has nothing to do with modifieds or the altercation, put JB in a chokehold and threw him to the ground. After he was released, he got up and went back to his pit area and stayed there. I'm pretty sure if my sibling was almost ran over by a middle-aged father I would be defending them as well like I'm sure all of you would to. Also to clear the John Fortin Sr. issues with getting suspended, he had no idea what was going on he was in inspection and didn't partake in the altercations. These are three different drivers who are all of age to fight their own battles. John Fortin Sr. should not be held responsible for their actions because they are both over the age of 18 and they all have their own cars so even though they are a family there their own drivers with their own cars and John Fortin Sr. was in his car in inspection. As for the Wayne Anderson issue, Wayne as well as his whole crew bombarded John Fortin Sr.'s trailer which resulted in a broken trailer door from Wayne trying to get into the trailer and from Kenny storming up the door which included women getting trampled for example John's 77 year old mother. That's what happened both weeks. The violence began from both the Anderson's and the Brode's crews. The first altercation took place in John Fortin Sr.'s pit area and the second altercation took place on the ramp because someone was speaking their mind which they have the right to do in this country. Using a motor vehicle as a weapon however is illegal. She was expressing her feelings to a fellow driver like almost every other driver at Riverhead has done on the ramp, racetrack, and pit areas. Altercations like these will always occur in such an expensive competitive hobby, they get worse due to the same people who live for other peoples drama and enjoys getting involved.

TTOR
06-24-2012, 09:12 PM
Everyone needs to get it together. Regardless of which side you take on this particular incident, what everything boils down to is an overall lack of respect on and off the track. This has been an unusually expensive season for the Mods and I know you guys have got to be getting sick of re-building your cars every single week. I've been watching the same guys and girls race each other for years and I know everyone can race each other clean, we've all seen it. Riverhead has enough problems as it is, we do not need the drivers and crew members adding to those problems. The Mods have raced each other clean and respectfully in the past, there is no reason they can't pull it together and do so again. At the rate we're going, eventually guys are going to get tired of wrecking cars and stop showing up. The Mod's high car counts have been one of the highest notes of the season so far, why ruin it. Drivers are throwing punches first and asking questions second and that's not the right way to do things. If something happens on the track you don't agree with, get the other guy's story first before you start throwing accusations. Talk it out, get each others side of the story, and apologize, and if you still have a problem after that, duke it out on your own time, don't do it on track premises. That goes for all the crew members and friends as well. Half the time it seems the fight's start in the pits before the drivers even get off the track.

I didn't see either of the last two fights with my own eyes so all I won't judge any individual in particular. But, if there were any punches thrown or physical altercations the officials need to take action. Suspensions are in order. In fact there are probably a lot of drivers and crew members who would benefit from a week off to cool their heads.

Turbo
06-24-2012, 10:16 PM
If any driver or crew member are in the driveway then they are the ones putting themselves at risk at getting hit, please move to the side until the cars are off the track and to their pit area.

livelovelax37
06-24-2012, 10:31 PM
If any driver or crew member are in the driveway then they are the ones putting themselves at risk at getting hit, please move to the side until the cars are off the track and to their pit area.

Putting themselves at risk? She stopped him, walked around, was about 10 feet away from the car more towards the handicapper shack and he clearly swerved towards her she had to jump out of the way. He stopped as she walked past and then he gased it up into her. It was clear as daylight that his intentions was to attempt to hit her. Not because she was on the ramp, like many other drivers have done so in anger.

modified_fan
06-25-2012, 06:59 AM
1. Drivers should be able to drive to their pit without confrontation. How much more basic a safety, sportsmanship, common courtesy issue is there?

2. A pit license is a privelege and not a right. Just like a driver's license, it is something that should be taken away or suspended if abused.

3. Teams that use their size as angry mobs need to be dealt with viscerally. (And I realize that one team that posts on the Jam often has seen the wrath of the Officials more than once.) Angry mobs have NO place in the pits.

4. Riverhead is a tight bull ring. Its dimensions are going to cause lots of wrecked equipment. However, this lack of respect by the drivers is compounding this. Its hard enough to pass on the outside here, without being wrecked in the wall. Officials should ruthlessly try to punish offenders pinching anyone to their outside.

mbgolfer
06-25-2012, 09:04 AM
1. Drivers should be able to drive to their pit without confrontation. How much more basic a safety, sportsmanship, common courtesy issue is there?

2. A pit license is a privelege and not a right. Just like a driver's license, it is something that should be taken away or suspended if abused.

3. Teams that use their size as angry mobs need to be dealt with viscerally. (And I realize that one team that posts on the Jam often has seen the wrath of the Officials more than once.) Angry mobs have NO place in the pits.

4. Riverhead is a tight bull ring. Its dimensions are going to cause lots of wrecked equipment. However, this lack of respect by the drivers is compounding this. Its hard enough to pass on the outside here, without being wrecked in the wall. Officials should ruthlessly try to punish offenders pinching anyone to their outside.

Jerry Cook needs to come up unannouced!!!!!!!!

catfish
06-25-2012, 09:44 AM
Why so he drink Koolaid and lead singing Kumbayah and make smores after the show?!?!?!? When the hell has he ever done anything more that walk around trying to look good in a Nascar shirt and what does or would he do?

Turbo
06-25-2012, 10:31 AM
You cant just go walking over to drivers like your a traffic cop as they are driving off the track with about 12 other drivers being held up behind this one driver because they want to confront him? Only the officials have the right to do that, wait until he gets to his pit stall and confront him there. No matter how nice you make it sound it is still not the right thing to do and nothing good comes out of this when you do it this way.

livelovelax37
06-25-2012, 11:45 AM
You cant just go walking over to drivers like your a traffic cop as they are driving off the track with about 12 other drivers being held up behind this one driver because they want to confront him? Only the officials have the right to do that, wait until he gets to his pit stall and confront him there. No matter how nice you make it sound it is still not the right thing to do and nothing good comes out of this when you do it this way.

Whether it was the right thing to do or not a driver still should not use their car as a weapon no matter what the circumstances were. Especially since he continued to use it as a weapon towards other crew members as they were walking towards the inspection area. Using a car as a weapon is a bigger deal, an illegal deal in that matter, than a driver expressing their anger on the ramp, like many other drivers have done without almost getting their legs broken. It was wrong of her to confront him on the ramp, but you don't use the car as a means of getting rid of them. Someone who uses a car as a weapon in the pits, not once but twice, should not be allowed in such powerful equipment. They obviously aren't in the right state of mind to handle the horsepower.

Spectator
06-25-2012, 12:03 PM
I find it funny that you can defend the Fortins' in this matter, where in your posts is the mention of Little John who you wrongfully call JB (to mistake him with one of the great modified drivers of all time) knocking over a defenseless man? Then after he gets knocked down his misfit sister playing soccer with the guys head? Kicking him and stomping on him? All you fortin fans and family leave out the facts that incriminate you and convienently tell the ones that make you look good. Howie came off the track and had TWO people in his window net not 1. Then one of your crew members attacked one of his crew members, when the superhero JOHN JR tackled and knocked the guy over. Then AMBER was kicking the guy. Then JOHN JR was taken down by somebody. Thats what happened. Your really not telling the whole story to protect the biggest cancer in the pits. Your clearly trying to get howie suspended and have john cleared of all wrong doing so he can win another tainted championship.

Hotsauce
06-25-2012, 12:26 PM
Whether it was the right thing to do or not a driver still should not use their car as a weapon no matter what the circumstances were. Especially since he continued to use it as a weapon towards other crew members as they were walking towards the inspection area.

Last time I checked throwing a wrench is using it as a weapon. Also from where I was standing I saw a female driver kick a person that was on the ground. Looked to me like she was trying to tryout for the NFL as a place kicker. A 60 yard field goal attempt on someones face is highly illegal too

Turbo
06-25-2012, 12:33 PM
Didnt howies car stall when he got confronted and have to be pushed to the side? and then having to get it push started by members of his crew?

livelovelax37
06-25-2012, 01:13 PM
I find it funny that you can defend the Fortins' in this matter, where in your posts is the mention of Little John who you wrongfully call JB (to mistake him with one of the great modified drivers of all time) knocking over a defenseless man? Then after he gets knocked down his misfit sister playing soccer with the guys head? Kicking him and stomping on him? All you fortin fans and family leave out the facts that incriminate you and convienently tell the ones that make you look good. Howie came off the track and had TWO people in his window net not 1. Then one of your crew members attacked one of his crew members, when the superhero JOHN JR tackled and knocked the guy over. Then AMBER was kicking the guy. Then JOHN JR was taken down by somebody. Thats what happened. Your really not telling the whole story to protect the biggest cancer in the pits. Your clearly trying to get howie suspended and have john cleared of all wrong doing so he can win another tainted championship.

Well Mr. Spectator since your so highly informed in this altercation and the Fortin's you would know that "Little John" is referred to as JB not to confuse anyone between Big John and his son. Next time your walking through the pits take a look at JB's roof, it clearly shows JB Fortin since that is his nickname. Secondly, that defenseless man that your referring to, was on top of one of the Fortin's crew members backs attacking him which yes is the man who threw the wrench and who is suspended and yes throwing a wrench is illegal and it's not going unnoticed. Thirdly, Amber was kicking that once again "defenseless man" because he was attacking members of the Fortin crew so he isn't Mr. Innocent. If he was such a "defenseless man" then he never should have jumped on someone's back and started attacking them. Fourthly, if you were a witness to this incident then you would know that John Fortin Sr. was in the inspection area, in his car, while it was being inspected after the race. He was not aware of the altercation until the officials went up to him asking him what was going on. They all are three different drivers with three different cars the only thing that they share is a last name. John Fortin Sr. has nothing to do with the fight that broke out on Saturday night. And yes, Howie should clearly get suspended because he used his car as a weapon twice in the pit area, just like the man who threw the wrench after getting his foot ran over by Howie is getting suspended. You can say that John Fortin Sr. is as much as fault as Tommy Rogers who was still on the racetrack while this was all going on.

Spectator
06-25-2012, 01:36 PM
All drivers are responsible for their crew therefore if a member or TEAM FORTIN threw a wrench FORTIN should be suspended.

mbgolfer
06-25-2012, 01:52 PM
All drivers are responsible for their crew therefore if a member or TEAM FORTIN threw a wrench FORTIN should be suspended.

Bowman Grey Raceway, has nothing on The Head. Hollywood went to the wrong track!!!:wave:

livelovelax37
06-25-2012, 01:59 PM
So I guess when one Turbush or Turbush crew member throws something or gets suspended, then all Turbush's should get suspended. Because there just considered one team right because they all have the same last name? When one Solomito gets suspended then they all should get suspended. When one Pedersen gets suspended then they all should get suspended. When one Hiscock gets suspended then they all should get suspended. When one Young gets suspended then they all should get suspended. When one Domecich gets suspended then they all should get suspended. Almost everyone at that racetrack is a family so what kind of racing is going to go on when a whole family is getting suspended because of a few of the members of it? If you want to go by relations, then if one of Pertuccio's cars gets into an altercation then all three of Pertuccio's cars should get suspended. If you really want to get into the family matter then if the Goodale's gets suspended then the Solomito's should too because there related. How many cars are you left with? There goes all of the racing when altercations happens in the pit. That racetrack is supported by the pit area, goodbye racetrack.

livelovelax37
06-25-2012, 02:13 PM
It's just the Fortin's with the problems but innocent Howie Brode has an order of protection against him by the Youngs that was in court for 2 years because he attacked Chris Young and trashed their trailer as well as stole all of his stuff and threw it around the racetrack. Now he's using his car as a weapon. What's next?

Chris Young was suspended two years ago because he used his car as a weapon when the Solomito's were in his pit area attacking his car and him. The Solomito's weren't suspended for that altercation but Chris Young was suspended because of the same thing that Howie did last night.

Just the Fortin's though right.

attituderacing
06-25-2012, 02:20 PM
It's just the Fortin's with the problems but innocent Howie Brode has an order of protection against him by the Youngs that was in court for 2 years because he attacked Chris Young and trashed their trailer as well as stole all of his stuff and threw it around the racetrack. Now he's using his car as a weapon. What's next?

Chris Young was suspended two years ago because he used his car as a weapon when the Solomito's were in his pit area attacking his car and him. The Solomito's weren't suspended for that altercation but Chris Young was suspended because of the same thing that Howie did last night.

Just the Fortin's though right.

First of all, don't bring our name up in your arguments and for your information... Chris Young was suspended for never turning left into 1 not any altercation we had!

Spectator
06-25-2012, 02:21 PM
So I guess when one Turbush or Turbush crew member throws something or gets suspended, then all Turbush's should get suspended. Because there just considered one team right because they all have the same last name? When one Solomito gets suspended then they all should get suspended. When one Pedersen gets suspended then they all should get suspended. When one Hiscock gets suspended then they all should get suspended. When one Young gets suspended then they all should get suspended. When one Domecich gets suspended then they all should get suspended. Almost everyone at that racetrack is a family so what kind of racing is going to go on when a whole family is getting suspended because of a few of the members of it? If you want to go by relations, then if one of Pertuccio's cars gets into an altercation then all three of Pertuccio's cars should get suspended. If you really want to get into the family matter then if the Goodale's gets suspended then the Solomito's should too because there related. How many cars are you left with? There goes all of the racing when altercations happens in the pit. That racetrack is supported by the pit area, goodbye racetrack.

all the families you have mentioned have one thing the fortins dont have...class.

livelovelax37
06-25-2012, 02:31 PM
First of all, don't bring our name up in your arguments and for your information... Chris Young was suspended for never turning left into 1 not any altercation we had!

If that was the case of that incident then I was given false information. If Chris Young was suspended for never turning left into 1 then Howie should be suspended for never turning left with JB Fortin and the 09 should be too for never turning left with the 14 on Saturday night. The video clearly shows both incidents.

livelovelax37
06-25-2012, 02:47 PM
There is no intent or attack intendeded. I was trying to bring up a point about using a car as a weapon not bashing your family.

Jeff T
06-25-2012, 02:58 PM
First off, I am not defending or condemming anyone in this incident since I did not witness it, but I will tell you this for a fact. Saturday night at the track, my driver had a crew member from the 01 LM try to punch him twice in the pits while he was still in his car. What was done when I heard this was I went up to the officials, told them about the incident and they handled it from there. I listened to the officials on the ramp tell the driver to control his crew, I heard Steve Tooker explain to the driver's mother and crew member (the one who tried to punch my driver) that my driver was not the cause of the 01 getting wrecked, and that two of his infield officials confirmed that. They were not happy, but it was all handled through proper channels. I could have stood there an argued with the two 01 crew members, and it could have gotten very ugly, but that would not have done anything but cause more trouble. Now the funny thing is, the 01 team and my team are pitted almost directly across from each other. From that point on for the rest of the night, nothing happened between either team.

May be in the future, all race teams that compete at Riverhead need to work out problems in this manner rather than take it on themselves to handle their situations. I am not saying that this will work all the time, but it worked out fine in our case, it could work out for other teams dealing with issues that happen on the track. Tempers flare in every division at every race track, it's the nature of the sport. How the problems are handled is where the real problem lies.

Also, I don't like the fact that drivers and crew members from any other team or division are getting involved in fights that don't concern them. They need to step back and mind their own team members....it's not their battle. If there is a problem between two teams, it should remain between the two teams....and it should be handled when cooler heads prevail, or through the officials, like we did with our problem Saturday night.

livelovelax37
06-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Here is another incident tommy rogers drives through the pits after car pits and people are throwing asphalt at him in the pits while he is trying to go back on to the track he got blacked flagged couldnt finish the race cause he was speeding to get away from them and he was told his car was used as a weapon.

EDGEnterprises
06-25-2012, 03:47 PM
If you watch the video... It clearly shows Howie making a left into Turn 1. John Fortin Jr. made contact with the RR nerf bar of Howie's car and lost control, spinning himself out. Then Amber drove directly into John Fortin Jr... and then Don Howe became involved because the track was blocked. Nothing malicious about that chain of events. Your making it seem like Howie was out to take the Fortin's out of the race... Good Hard racing from what the video shows.

And if you actually watch the video you can see both the 34 & 04 beating the rear bumper off of the 96.

livelovelax37
06-25-2012, 04:44 PM
If you watch the video... It clearly shows Howie making a left into Turn 1. John Fortin Jr. made contact with the RR nerf bar of Howie's car and lost control, spinning himself out. Then Amber drove directly into John Fortin Jr... and then Don Howe became involved because the track was blocked. Nothing malicious about that chain of events. Your making it seem like Howie was out to take the Fortin's out of the race... Good Hard racing from what the video shows.

And if you actually watch the video you can see both the 34 & 04 beating the rear bumper off of the 96.

Okay, you have conflicts of interest so maybe you should watch the race again. Howie turns right while 34 is CLEARLY outside. Sure isn't the first time this season he's done it to someone, and i'm not only talking about with the Fortin's! If 34 or the 04 touched Brode's back bumper during the race at any time they were being pushed there from behind and the video shows that as well.

maestri fan 1
06-25-2012, 04:56 PM
someone needs to shut this livelax whatever up. I feel dumb reading the nonsense this person is writing. Watched the video's and Howie didn't do anything wrong, that incident on the track occured because of the lack of control that John Fortin Jr. had on his car at that particular time. Secondly, for the second week in a row The Fortins were involved in a physical altercation. This time a person who attacked a member of Fortins crew AFTER he threw a wrench at someone got the snot kicked out of him. Suspend the Fortins, and go on racing. It's disgusting that anyone would defend these animals....

EDGEnterprises
06-25-2012, 05:03 PM
Okay, see the thing is... You have a conflict of interest as well. You will go on and on to defend "Your Drivers", and I will go on to defend "My Driver"... So honestly this isn't going anywhere. BUT, Howie has never had the intent to put ANYONE in the wall. On either occasion. He has repeatedly stressed that numerous times...

Hopefully the officials step up and do the right thing...

livelovelax37
06-25-2012, 05:19 PM
Maybe he doesn't have intentions, maybe it's just his driving style. Maybe his spotter never sees the car on the outside of him not only this week, but every week to a different driver. The 34 was doing a good job on the outside of him but Howie didn't give him any room. Wheels are supposedd to turn left on a racetrack right?

Once again, the Fortin's are the ONLY animals at Riverhead Raceway. Both weekends they didn't evoke the violence. A car got swerved at a Fortin member and the other team was bombarding their trailer...hm guess they were in Andersons pit and driving one of their cars into another driver.

Fortin's are the only problem at Riverhead Raceway...hm. Funny.

livelovelax37
06-25-2012, 05:52 PM
SorryLong Isalnd Jams adm. i just see what i see and just dont like the bashing posts its the same people who dont even have anything to do with mods they just like to stir up drama.

Ka$h25
06-25-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm sure Howie showed up at the track saturday with his point lead and said "You know what I wanna do tonight, wreck a couple back-markers."

And please don't regurgitate the fact they were running in the top 10 after a half-dozen cautions eradicated a quarter of the field.

You can defend yourselves all you want but consistentcy pays off and they've been consistent enough that no uninvolved parties are sitting around thinking "Boy those Fortins are catching a raw deal here."

The penalties will come if not now then in due time. And once they start, all eyes will be afixed on that team.

RGeeProductions
06-25-2012, 06:15 PM
LLL, you are doing what most do, siding from one side when affiliated with a team.
Seems quite a few, involved racing or with a team, are doing this.
And as you say, many not involved are stirring the pot from what they see and pass judgement.
I feel there is a problem here and it should be addressed and I, myself, would start with the common denominator.

Ka$h25
06-25-2012, 06:27 PM
Also to clear the John Fortin Sr. issues with getting suspended, he had no idea what was going on he was in inspection and didn't partake in the altercations. These are three different drivers who are all of age to fight their own battles. John Fortin Sr. should not be held responsible for their actions because they are both over the age of 18 and they all have their own cars so even though they are a family there their own drivers with their own cars and John Fortin Sr. was in his car in inspection.

Amber was letting him know that you don't mess with her brother when Howie used his car as a weapon towards a young lady. As for JB, he was in his pit area minding his own business until he heard that his sister almost got ran over by a middle-aged man. He went over, asked what was wrong with him, and didn't lay a hand on Howie. Howie's spotter decided to try and tackle one of the Fortin's crew members. And then someone else, who had nothing to do with the entire situation, decided to put JB in a chokehold and threw him to the ground while he was standing there. When he was released from the chokehold, JB went back to his pit area. Those "no talent kids" who were racing for 7th and 8th before the wreck occurred, were voicing there opinions like every other driver and crew does at Riverhead Raceway. Howie and his team were the first to evoke the violence by using a car as a weapon when someone is talking to you through your window net. But I guess the Fortin kids are the first and the only ones to ever tell another driver how they felt.

So let me get this straight through your interpretation. Amber tried to fight for her brother, who then faught for his sister and also involved a Fortin crew member. Yet they're all capable of fighting their own battles?

Richie25
06-25-2012, 06:37 PM
Here is another incident tommy rogers drives through the pits after car pits and people are throwing asphalt at him in the pits while he is trying to go back on to the track he got blacked flagged couldnt finish the race cause he was speeding to get away from them and he was told his car was used as a weapon.

Tommy was suspended for doing doughnuts in the back of the pits and hitting rob baders fathers truck with his race car after the asphalt was thrown at his car.

Turbo
06-25-2012, 07:06 PM
dan turbush has been suspended for the 2012 year for his actions and HIS CREWS actions on the ramp last year and there was a few fines handed out as well, why do you think i keep on adding my two cents when people fight? Why is everyone different than my father who has thrown punches this year? Roger Turbush has been warned if he or his crew member goes into the window net of another drivers car ( happened this year) he will be thrown out for the year. It goes for everyone! no one is special at this track, same penalties for the same rule breaking should occur here.

j-rod
06-25-2012, 07:45 PM
dont get kash25 fired up!! lol

RACENUT
06-25-2012, 09:35 PM
John Faughtin should not have even been at the track saturday night after what he did to Wayne the week before or was that somebody else that punched Wayne and not the innocent Faughtins

mal861976
06-25-2012, 11:13 PM
"bombarding their trailer"? What was the cause of that incident? Maybe it was because after Wayne and John had words, or John's denial of driving into TC and putting him up near the fence after the race, that Wayne turned to walk away and John threw a water bottle hitting Wayne in the back.

stockaderacing
06-25-2012, 11:27 PM
:confused:wow:confused: do we need to go on anymore about this?

livelovelax37
06-25-2012, 11:45 PM
So let me get this straight through your interpretation. Amber tried to fight for her brother, who then faught for his sister and also involved a Fortin crew member. Yet they're all capable of fighting their own battles?

If your going to quote what I said then please read the whole thing first. My fighting their own battle's comment was regarding their issues that they were going to deal with with the officials. John Fortin Sr. shouldn't be the one being addressed because of Amber and JB, they are both old enough to handle their own matters. And to your comment about regergitating the fact that they were in the top 10 due to many cautions, go watch the tape and see how they cleared most of those cautions without getting involved seeing as how they were close to them. These no talent kids both have less than 4 years of experience. Keep your comments down south with you in Georgia unless you attended the race that night, which you didn't.

mbgolfer
06-26-2012, 05:45 AM

Ditto:wave:

Hollywood
06-26-2012, 09:00 AM

the Jam is alive and well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quickmc73
06-26-2012, 01:13 PM
the Jam is alive and well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes the jam is alive and well,with alot of negative posts.lets look at and comment on some positive things such as a very impressive and masterful driving skill that young jack has demonstrated in his recent blunderbust victory.this kid wins in a dominating fashion and i see nothing on the jam!watching jack run through the field and handle and pass the divisions best drivers.that was a great feel good moment about what racing really is all about!all this other crap is useless!congrats again jack!:cool::wave::)

RacinRob
06-26-2012, 01:29 PM
yes the jam is alive and well,with alot of negative posts.lets look at and comment on some positive things such as a very :cheers::applause:see nothing on the jam!watching jack run through the field and handle and pass the divisions best drivers.that was a great feel good moment about what racing really is all about!all this other crap is useless!congrats again jack!:cool::wave::)

amennnnn!!!!!!!!!

bulldozer
06-26-2012, 04:32 PM
I had my charger car destroyed at Wall while batting for the lead. The guy on the inside came up slightly before the turn and popped my tire i went head on in the wall. Its racing i know it wasnt on purpose it was a guy trying to race. **** happens on the track. Racing a Mod at riverhead with over 20 cars you are going to have wrecks every week. 95 percent of the time not on purpose. Just cars with alot of power on such a little track without alot of room. We as drivers at riverhead have to learn to keep our cool and let it go. Me and everyone included .Sometimes it takes more of a man or women to walk away then to through a punch. Most of the time its the crews and ladys that start the confrontation. THIS IS A HOBBY. Its not life or death. Get over your egos no one at riverhead raceway is going big time its for fun. Instead of acting on what you thought happend, take a day or two watch the video and maybe you will have a second opinion. Then talk it out with the driver the next week. I did video the incident that started by the welder.I was going to post it but theres no need to add fuel to the fire. For all of you who say they hate riverhead i am totally against you on that. I love it. Friends ,family,racing storys that you can tell for years. Fighting and bad calls happen everywhere. If you come in with a bad attitude then thats where it all starts. I hope to race at riverhead for years to come. I think its going to get better. My 2 cents

modified_fan
06-26-2012, 04:36 PM
Excellent post Chris!

(And a coming from a person who will be listened to. Thanks!)

Ka$h25
06-26-2012, 05:24 PM
If your going to quote what I said then please read the whole thing first. My fighting their own battle's comment was regarding their issues that they were going to deal with with the officials. John Fortin Sr. shouldn't be the one being addressed because of Amber and JB, they are both old enough to handle their own matters. And to your comment about regergitating the fact that they were in the top 10 due to many cautions, go watch the tape and see how they cleared most of those cautions without getting involved seeing as how they were close to them. These no talent kids both have less than 4 years of experience. Keep your comments down south with you in Georgia unless you attended the race that night, which you didn't.

So you're conceding that someone deserves to get suspended. If Amber was defending John and John was defending Amber, which gets suspended?

Secondly, do you really want to bring experience into the equation?

Finally, I'm not sure what difference there is between watching the races in attendence or via Pitstoppitbull? Is there something I'm missing that your expert eyes caught live in attendence? Was I incapable of counting how many cautions there were or how many cars were involved because I watched on video?

livelovelax37
06-26-2012, 05:42 PM
So pitstoppitbull now has live video footage of all of the altercations that happen in the pit as well? Please give me the link I would love to watch! Yes I would like to bring experience into the equation because people, most who haven't even sat in a modfied, enjoy critiquing their every move one in which enjoys making fun of a 17 year old kid sending his fathers car into a fence his first year racing. Excuse me if I'm mistaken but almost every single modified driver crashed, spun out, etc. during their beginning years. It's the forums like this that make those altercations and drama so much worse. It's the people on these forums who make it so much worse and out of hand. Why should the drivers act like adults if no one else is going to? No matter how they handle a situation words will get twisted and they will get badgered anyways. For example, saying that Little John is always looking for fist fights, meanwhile he didn't lay a hand on anyone the past two Saturday nights. He pushed a man out of the way from attacking his member, the same thing that Rob Bader was apparently trying to do when he threw Little John to the ground. And the previous Saturday he was getting a non-member of his pit crew out of his father's trailer. Drama is constantly going on and usually far worse at Riverhead because of the people on websites like this. No offense to you, but including people who don't even attend Riverhead races anymore. They just live for the drama and twisted stories.

modified_fan
06-26-2012, 05:58 PM
A few words of wisdom, livelovelax37.

Without your posts the quotient of drama on the Jam would have been much lower.

Its time for you to stop and think. Deal with what the officials rule and learn from it.

We are here to enjoy racing.

Golf Guy
06-26-2012, 06:05 PM
What scares me is I agree with Kash which means that livelovelax37 must be right?!?!?!?!? LOL
Great post by Chris Turbush the Preacher Man!

Fkraft99
06-26-2012, 06:27 PM
I dunno I didn't see any sudden right turns by Howie, looked like contact was def made but just looked like hard racing to me. Looked like the 34 left front made contact with the 96 RR Nerf bar and the 34 just had a hard time gathering it back up. I promise if Howie "wanted" to wreck you, hes got enough experience, and knows just how to do it. (ask the 66 lol). As far as actions in the pits I remember a few years ago during one of those Solomito/Young altercations my brother got his foot run over and had the sneaker to prove it lol. And instead of going after anyone on the Young team I told him that HE was a moron for getting anywhere near a driver coming off the track. You go after, or go to show displeasure with someone while they are in their car driving you are just asking for trouble in my opinion. I have a feeling the correct punishment will come down and all will be right with the world....

...until Saturday of course.

Good Luck to everyone this weekend.

cerckl'm racing
06-26-2012, 07:52 PM
Just stumbled across this . . .

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/sports/x448224952/Driver-suspended-for-actions-at-Speedbowl#axzz1ywkWYttu

RGeeProductions
06-27-2012, 02:11 AM
I had my charger car destroyed at Wall while batting for the lead. The guy on the inside came up slightly before the turn and popped my tire i went head on in the wall. Its racing i know it wasnt on purpose it was a guy trying to race. **** happens on the track. Racing a Mod at riverhead with over 20 cars you are going to have wrecks every week. 95 percent of the time not on purpose. Just cars with alot of power on such a little track without alot of room. We as drivers at riverhead have to learn to keep our cool and let it go. Me and everyone included .Sometimes it takes more of a man or women to walk away then to through a punch. Most of the time its the crews and ladys that start the confrontation. THIS IS A HOBBY. Its not life or death. Get over your egos no one at riverhead raceway is going big time its for fun. Instead of acting on what you thought happend, take a day or two watch the video and maybe you will have a second opinion. Then talk it out with the driver the next week. I did video the incident that started by the welder. I was going to post it but theres no need to add fuel to the fire. For all of you who say they hate riverhead i am totally against you on that. I love it. Friends, family, racing stories that you can tell for years. Fighting and bad calls happen everywhere. If you come in with a bad attitude then thats where it all starts. I hope to race at riverhead for years to come. I think its going to get better. My 2 cents

I dunno I didn't see any sudden right turns by Howie, looked like contact was def made but just looked like hard racing to me. Looked like the 34 left front made contact with the 96 RR Nerf bar and the 34 just had a hard time gathering it back up. I promise if Howie "wanted" to wreck you, hes got enough experience, and knows just how to do it. (ask the 66 lol). As far as actions in the pits I remember a few years ago during one of those Solomito/Young altercations my brother got his foot run over and had the sneaker to prove it lol. And instead of going after anyone on the Young team I told him that HE was a moron for getting anywhere near a driver coming off the track. You go after, or go to show displeasure with someone while they are in their car driving you are just asking for trouble in my opinion. I have a feeling the correct punishment will come down and all will be right with the world....

...until Saturday of course.

Good Luck to everyone this weekend.

Great posts Bub & Freddie....
And with this, that's all folks.
What was constructive posting has turned into a non-ending beating of a dead horse.
Bashing and accusations here are stopping and let the officials take care of the situation with the drivers.