PDA

View Full Version : Letter to Town Fair Tire

MOD11RACER
06-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Dear Jim:

First of all I would like to send my sincere thanks for your sponsorship of the WMT at various tracks throughout New England. Without your help their wouldn't be a Tour.

With that being said I was curious about your sponsorship of the upcoming WMT race at Loundon New Hampshire. Burton Smith, Jerry Gappens and NASCAR have seen fit to cut the cash portion of the WMT purse by a whopping $17,000 that goes to the WMT Team owners.That's a very big hit on the pocket book for the great car owners of these great cars. If you signed on to sponsor the WMT event I hope your sponsor money is going to the WMT and not the Cup or Nationwide event.

Here is a rundown of the WMT races held in 2011.

July 2011 WMT Posted Purse with a sponsor F.W. Webb $164,779 100 Laps

September 2011 WMT Posted Purse without a sponsor $164,779 100 Laps

July 2012 WMT Posted Purse with a sponsor Town Fair Tire $148,124 Laps

I would think you would like to know where your money is going. I would hate to think that someone is putting the money in their own pocket and not sending it on to the real racers.

Again a Big Thank You for all you do to help the WMT.

Craig Gabriele

mod35
06-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Thanks Craig

uticamike
06-19-2012, 07:30 PM
It's BRUTON Smith not Burton. Doesn't matter on a dopey web site but if your going to send a serious letter along to an organization and you want some credibility you at least have to spell the names right. I'm not bustin' on ya. Trying to help.

Sicklajoie
06-19-2012, 08:45 PM
Where the hell is Loundon?
Like utica said, a little proofreading goes a long way.

Groundpounder
06-20-2012, 08:29 AM
July 2012 WMT Posted Purse with a sponsor Town Fair Tire $148,124 Laps

While we're all on the proof-reading gig, I think you left out the # of laps in this line.

Axel
06-20-2012, 10:07 AM
While we're all on the proof-reading gig, I think you left out the # of laps in this line. <July 2012 WMT Posted Purse with a sponsor Town Fair Tire $148,124 Laps>

Mandatory pit stop on lap 74,062.

Axel
06-20-2012, 10:09 AM
In all seriousness, the spirit of this letter is the important part. I applaud you, MOD11RACER, for your passion and dedication to this great sport and these great race cars.

Acadia
06-20-2012, 10:18 AM
... help their wouldn't be a Tour.

And while we're at it...

'their' should be 'there'.

And Craig, thanks for all you do.

MOD11RACER
06-22-2012, 04:34 PM
It's BRUTON Smith not Burton. Doesn't matter on a dopey web site but if your going to send a serious letter along to an organization and you want some credibility you at least have to spell the names right. I'm not bustin' on ya. Trying to help.

Go screw yourself. I'm not an ENGLISH MAJOR and I'm sorry i didn't proof read it. I work for a living and I do this on the fly. Did you write to TFT or anyone else. All i'm trying to do is get across a point and not sit on my ass. I guess if the point in not up to your standards I might as well not do it.

uticamike
06-22-2012, 08:36 PM
Go screw yourself. I'm not an ENGLISH MAJOR and I'm sorry i didn't proof read it. I work for a living and I do this on the fly. Did you write to TFT or anyone else. All i'm trying to do is get across a point and not sit on my ass. I guess if the point in not up to your standards I might as well not do it.

Hey guy, it has nothing to do with "my" standards (?) don't know where your getting that from. I was just trying to help. I'm not an English major either and it doesn't really matter to me one way or the other if you write badly and the receiver disregards you because of it.

Like I said it doesn't matter on a web site so much but in real life it does. If you don't get that, more is the pity. Sorry you took my words
the wrong way. I do admire you passion though, have much the same myself. Good luck with your letter writing.

(btw) When your pee'd off at someone on a largely meaningless web site the word screw starts with the letter F. :wave: