PDA

View Full Version : NWMT Loudon Half Time Show

Acadia
06-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Let's not distort the thread about the purse cuts anymore, so let's discuss the half time show here... carry on...

Magicshoes12
06-20-2012, 01:07 PM
I will appreciate the break at half way as it will allow me to sit for about 5 minutes from standing the first half of the race and the last half of the race from the excitement of watching 30 cars battling around the Magic Mile! Can't wait for this race!!

In All Honesty for People who are saying they aren't going to the race because of the reduced purse and the halfway break aren't fan's of the WMT because, In my eyes the same Drivers are going to be there weather it's 100 laps 150 laps 200 laps, halfway break, no halfway break, racing for $10,000 to win or racing for $4,000 to win. I am there supporting the men (and sometimes woman) who "LIVE BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND 600HP". These guys are the greatest drivers, driving the greatest cars in Nascar and not to Support because you aren't happy with some behind the scenes stuff is ridiculous! I don't let what goes on behind the scenes effect my entertainment of the race, I buy the ticket to be entertained and entertained I will be! Can't knock the race until after it is over.

NWMT PR
06-21-2012, 01:34 PM
Worth noting that of the three races at NHMS last year, the caution counts were 2, 10, 4. The 10 was the second-highest total ever at the track, so you could almost consider throwing that one out, and if you did, that would have meant an average of 3 cautions periods per race. The last 10 races there have averaged 6 caution periods, including the two highest totals ever (the 10 last year, and 11 in 9/09).

I'm not saying the decreased number of caution periods in recent years justifies adding a competition caution, I'm just noting that it's not like there is a real problem with cautions here.

Also remember, if we have a naturally-occurring caution in the neighborhood of halfway, it could turn into the competition caution.

Acadia
06-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Well, then throw out the 2 caution race too, that was way off on the other end of the spectrum. If 6 naturally occurring cautions is average and accurate, then it looks like there will be one right before "go time", and there will be no need for the comp caution. If my memory is any damn good, the cautions usually come in the first and last 20-25 laps. Holding off until 75 laps should not be a problem unless you are worried about the spec motors running out of fuel. ;) Six natural cautions are not all that bad. One competition caution is horrible and one too many.

Worth noting that of the three races at NHMS last year, the caution counts were 2, 10, 4. The 10 was the second-highest total ever at the track, so you could almost consider throwing that one out, and if you did, that would have meant an average of 3 cautions periods per race. The last 10 races there have averaged 6 caution periods, including the two highest totals ever (the 10 last year, and 11 in 9/09).

I'm not saying the decreased number of caution periods in recent years justifies adding a competition caution, I'm just noting that it's not like there is a real problem with cautions here.

Also remember, if we have a naturally-occurring caution in the neighborhood of halfway, it could turn into the competition caution.

Acadia
06-24-2012, 10:36 AM
Please NASCAR, do not mess with the Loudon race.

It needs promotion to increase attendance to increase revenue.

Acadia
06-24-2012, 10:43 AM
Will refueling be allowed in the competition caution?

MXCHAMP04
06-24-2012, 09:06 PM

Also remember, if we have a naturally-occurring caution in the neighborhood of halfway, it could turn into the competition caution.Can you explain to me how I'm going to explain to my four coworkers who are going to see their first mod race that we're having a half time break?? After four years of touting the mods of the WMT and VMRS, they finally wanna see their first race. I don't know how to get them to stop laughing at this other than get them drunk first. Any scheduled stop in competitive racing is just BAD. Don't care if it's cars, bikes, boats, planes etc.

Jaws
06-24-2012, 09:48 PM
Can you explain to me how I'm going to explain to my four coworkers who are going to see their first mod race that we're having a half time break?? After four years of touting the mods of the WMT and VMRS, they finally wanna see their first race. I don't know how to get them to stop laughing at this other than get them drunk first. Any scheduled stop in competitive racing is just BAD. Don't care if it's cars, bikes, boats, planes etc.

Tell them to enjoy the best racing of the weekend and thanks for bringing in 4 new fans.

MXCHAMP04
06-25-2012, 02:08 PM
Tell them to enjoy the best racing of the weekend and thanks for bringing in 4 new fans.You see. That's just it. If you're new to racing, and you have been watching some cup races, you would have to ask yourself, "why are they having a break in the middle of the race". Are these guys tired, are they rookies????? These questions will surely be going through their minds, and I have no answer for them. Theyre not gonna know a thing about the purse, the gear rule or spec motors. They only know what they see on the track, and that's a race that's stopped half way through the race. I can see it now. "Hey jim, why are they pulling off the track and the red flag is coming out" Reply "ahhhh heck if I know, just keep drinking ya dummy". I just might skip it and go straight to Canaan with these guys. It's on the same day.

Acadia
06-25-2012, 02:16 PM
I can see it now. "Hey jim, why are they pulling off the track and the red flag is coming out" Reply "ahhhh heck if I know, just keep drinking ya dummy".

Okay, you are just cracking me up with this, even though it is all true.

Keep them loaded up with beer so when a yellow flies, you tell them it's the best time to pee... run for it so they never see the stupid red flag.

MJProcko
06-30-2012, 07:40 PM
Bruton Smith wants 'timeouts'

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/8117189/bruton-smith-says-nascar-needs-mandatory-cautions

As far as the WMT I'm not in favor of timeouts by any means, but if they need one it should be of the mandatory caution variety otherwise there is no pit strategy and they just line the cars back up where they pitted. As for what they do at the cup level I don't really care. But if Smith is on board there is no hope for Loudon.

Jaws
06-30-2012, 09:00 PM
You see. That's just it. If you're new to racing, and you have been watching some cup races, you would have to ask yourself, "why are they having a break in the middle of the race". Are these guys tired, are they rookies????? These questions will surely be going through their minds, and I have no answer for them. Theyre not gonna know a thing about the purse, the gear rule or spec motors. They only know what they see on the track, and that's a race that's stopped half way through the race. I can see it now. "Hey jim, why are they pulling off the track and the red flag is coming out" Reply "ahhhh heck if I know, just keep drinking ya dummy". I just might skip it and go straight to Canaan with these guys. It's on the same day.

Its not funny its sad, how about first timers that come in here and read all this crap.

BigMac
07-01-2012, 09:35 AM
If Nascar was serious about making things more exciting they would bring back tire wars at every level. Good Year vs Hoosier was what helped make the tour. I think Nascar's decision to go with one tire company really hurt the WMT. Having 2 tires manufacturers would provide a whole lot of intrigue at the cup level as well.

Jaws
07-01-2012, 10:40 AM
If Nascar was serious about making things more exciting they would bring back tire wars at every level. Good Year vs Hoosier was what helped make the tour. I think Nascar's decision to go with one tire company really hurt the WMT. Having 2 tires manufacturers would provide a whole lot of intrigue at the cup level as well.

Several drivers got hurt during the last Cup "Tire Wars", you won't see that again.

Rentawrench
07-01-2012, 01:07 PM
It was NOT NASCAR that made WMT one tire brand,it was GoodYear that withdrew. ( Granted NASCAR was pushing for one tire brand GoodYear ,BUT they withdrew leaving Hoosier ) An they are doing a Great Job.

Acadia
07-02-2012, 03:18 PM
How are you doing with this?

Before I heard of the break, I was nudging my wife to get her to go. She's not a big fan, but she's polite enough to go with me and we make a nice day of it. I hope she's forgotten that I wanted her to go with me. If she witnessed the break, she would laugh and needle me for months about it. I'm just going to leave early in the morning, hoping she forgot I asked her to go.

Here's something I want to know... how will the red flag be explained to the 99.63% of the crowd that had no idea it was coming?

You see. That's just it. If you're new to racing, and you have been watching some cup races, you would have to ask yourself, "why are they having a break in the middle of the race". Are these guys tired, are they rookies????? These questions will surely be going through their minds, and I have no answer for them. Theyre not gonna know a thing about the purse, the gear rule or spec motors. They only know what they see on the track, and that's a race that's stopped half way through the race. I can see it now. "Hey jim, why are they pulling off the track and the red flag is coming out" Reply "ahhhh heck if I know, just keep drinking ya dummy". I just might skip it and go straight to Canaan with these guys. It's on the same day.

RGeeProductions
07-02-2012, 07:00 PM
How are you doing with this?

Before I heard of the break, I was nudging my wife to get her to go. She's not a big fan, but she's polite enough to go with me and we make a nice day of it. I hope she's forgotten that I wanted her to go with me. If she witnessed the break, she would laugh and needle me for months about it. I'm just going to leave early in the morning, hoping she forgot I asked her to go.

Here's something I want to know... how will the red flag be explained to the 99.63% of the crowd that had no idea it was coming?

Are you kidding??
Your wife statement.
And I am sure that the announcer will talk about it before the race.
I have spoken to many of my friends who I turned into modified fans at NH that used to never watch the mods but do now and not one had any issues with the break.

Acadia
07-03-2012, 12:25 AM
Are you kidding??

No, not at all... she would laugh at the break. Just like there's no crying in baseball, there's no intermission in racing.

catfish
07-03-2012, 08:36 AM
For christs sake, I would hate to be at a Holiday Dinner table with you Acadia as you would probably ***** and moan about the dinner and the company all night long!!!

Acadia
07-03-2012, 09:51 AM
You obviously don't know my wife.

Are you kidding??
Your wife statement.
And I am sure that the announcer will talk about it before the race.
I have spoken to many of my friends who I turned into modified fans at NH that used to never watch the mods but do now and not one had any issues with the break.

Acadia
07-03-2012, 09:54 AM
I don't have intermissions at my holiday dinners.

But if I were at a holiday dinner that did have an intermission, I probably would comment.

For christs sake, I would hate to be at a Holiday Dinner table with you Acadia as you would probably ***** and moan about the dinner and the company all night long!!!

Axel
07-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Acadia- I agree with most of your ideas, just not how you say it. Enjoy your life and those around you, sir!

But if I were at a holiday dinner that did have an intermission, I probably would comment.
"Some people say very little and really say a whole lot. Others say a whole lot and actually say very little." -Henry Rollins
"Is it better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"? – Anonymous

RGeeProductions
07-03-2012, 10:52 AM
All I see are folks coming here and reading your non ending complaining of this.
Honestly, you are hurting this race more than the actual break will...
Haven't you really said enough? Over and over and over.......

Gil
07-05-2012, 03:59 AM
How about closing this thread too? :cheers:

RGeeProductions
07-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Not yet.
Everyone has been good for a day.
I know someone hit just about every thread last night without a post.
So far, so good.
If I really feel I have to close it, I will......

The Bullfather
07-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Wait till Cup cars do it...... They are talking about "maybe" doing what NFL, NHL, NBA and MLB have, TV time outs. They are trying to make the races more exciting to the "new" fans by bunching up the field by maybe having quarters, maybe bringing a comp. yellow out every 100 laps or miles. As an old school fan, I would hate this, but, I do see what it might accomplish. More excitement and closer racing, hoping to bring more fans, even though their TV rates have been up this year. Promoters have to always think about creating new revenue and more people taking notice, always evolving!

Acadia
07-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Well then, with respect to the Cup series, maybe you can explain all the empty stands, no longer waiting lists years long for tickets, etc. What happened to cause that rather sudden and severe drop in attendance and interest? This is about restoring revenue that was there and went away. Figure out why those stands are empty and get them filled up again.

Wait till Cup cars do it...... They are talking about "maybe" doing what NFL, NHL, NBA and MLB have, TV time outs. They are trying to make the races more exciting to the "new" fans by bunching up the field by maybe having quarters, maybe bringing a comp. yellow out every 100 laps or miles. As an old school fan, I would hate this, but, I do see what it might accomplish. More excitement and closer racing, hoping to bring more fans, even though their TV rates have been up this year. Promoters have to always think about creating new revenue and more people taking notice, always evolving!

The Bullfather
07-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Nascar hit a boom, they listened to the supply and demand, they over built everything. Just cause you see empty seats doesn't mean the tracks aren't making money...you may have a track that fills 160,000, you have 50,000 empty seats, they are still getting numbers larger than any pro sports teams for an event. You have to expect a draw back after the rise, it happens in any sports, corporations and styles.

That is why they are thinking of pulling such a move.

Rich Mergl
07-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Well then, with respect to the Cup series, maybe you can explain all the empty stands, no longer waiting lists years long for tickets, etc. What happened to cause that rather sudden and severe drop in attendance and interest? This is about restoring revenue that was there and went away. Figure out why those stands are empty and get them filled up again.

Honestly ! My own opinion. Cup Series Hasn`t been the same since they lost there most aggressive driver. Love him or hate him he filled the seats. He had at least 3 souvenir Haulers with long lines at every race. And the seats were PACKED. With all the BOOOOOS when announced 40% of the folks had his shirts on and they all loved him for being what he was. Forget the economy as the reason. HE WAS THE CATALYST FOR ALL NASCAR DIVISIONS AND TRACKS!

MISS YOU DALE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TnLRacing
07-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Saw this on Jayski today:

Bruton Smith would like mandatory cautions: Speedway Motorsports Inc. chairman Bruton Smith said NASCAR needs to implement mandatory cautions, or race stoppages, to bring more excitement to the races. "Call it what you want, but you've got to have caution flags," Smith said Saturday before the Sprint Cup race at Kentucky Speedway. "That creates excitement. You can't just sit there with nothing happening. It ruins the event. It's damaging to our sport." Cautions flags and caution laps are down this year in NASCAR. Many races this season have produced long green-flag runs without a lot of passing up front. Smith said NASCAR needs to deliberately create more double-file restarts. NASCAR made a rule change in 2009 that moved all the lead-lap cars to the front of the field, double-file, on all restarts after a caution flag. Those restarts often cause bumping late in races, and sometimes additional accidents. Smith said he wouldn't mind seeing a pseudo halftime at each race to cause an additional restart. NASCAR spokesman David Higdon said Friday: "We are constantly looking at ways to improve the racing. And we have mandatory cautions when we think it's needed at an event." But those mandatory cautions usually are for safety reasons so teams can check their tires and officials can check track conditions.(ESPN.com)(7-1-2012)

MJProcko
07-06-2012, 12:11 PM
http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/8133511/mike-helton-says-nascar-not-interested-mandatory-cautions

Here's one case where everyone thinks the WMT should be just like the Cup guys.......

Acadia
07-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Honestly, you are hurting this race more than the actual break will...

Good to see you admit that the break will hurt the race. Admission is the first step.

limodmaniac
07-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Please see me at Louden and sponsor a lap for the Riverhead Tour Race!

bud
07-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Lol oh boy more empty seats.

bud
07-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Wanna know a secret? I have never been to a cup race and never will. In there hay day they offere me 4 tickets $110 each, wanted the money 6 months before the race and a few weeks before christmas. Thats bs. I have a bad taste in my mouth when a sport rapes its customers. That and $40 tee shirts. Give me a break...lol. Now the sport is reaping its rewards. Good for them! Funny thing they do the same to the competitors...... still havent figured it out. Yeah they may be the only game but when fans, competitors and sponsors all have bad tastes left in there mouths from the sport....you can just turn away that much easier! Pretty funny the drug testing policy too when one of nascars top guys cant even drive on a public road anymore.

GM2
07-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Interesting when 1/2 time gets discussed on nascar.com for Cup.. (only an editorial article, no basis behind it but interesting none the less)
http://www.nascar.com/news/120709/head2head-halftime/index.html