PDA

View Full Version : Wmt 2013

MOD11RACER
06-22-2012, 05:38 PM
How will the Tour look in 2013 ?

It will be something very different then what it is now.

Will Stafford and Thompson who put on 8 of the Touring events be willing to do the same with 14 car fields in 2013 ?

Purse Cuts

Point Fund Cuts

Loudon stealing money from the Modified Tour Sponsor Town Fair Tire.

The Modifieds at Daytona a BIG JOKE as it looks now. No one is going to go.

Spec Motor

10 Teams leaving the Tour in 2013. Closing shop not moving on.

No Race Tracks to go to.

Where does this go from here ?

NASCAR charging $25,000 to put on a WMT Race. I didn't see a cut on that amount.

Don't forget Thompson will be cutting the Purse for the North/South Showdown. 125 laps to 75 laps.

Also The September Loudon race will see a purse cut.

Things look real good for the WMT for 2013.

Still waiting to here from Phil K. of Whelen. I guess he is OK with what's going on with the WMT. What a shame. I really thought he loved the Modifieds as much as the rest of us. I was very wrong.

Special Thanks to Chad Little, Jerry Gappens, Bruton Smith and of course NASCAR for screwing over the best division they have and killing it.

uticamike
06-22-2012, 08:47 PM
.....The Modifieds at Daytona a BIG JOKE as it looks now. No one is going to go............

Would you care to list the teams not going?

The Bullfather
06-22-2012, 09:26 PM
What 10 teams are closing shop?

Revscott
06-23-2012, 12:10 AM
I would like to know the 10 teams closing shop and not doing any racing as well? If I find 10 teams tomorrow ill buy you dinner but I know its not happening.

Axel
06-23-2012, 10:19 AM

It will be something very different then what it is now.

Will Stafford and Thompson who put on 8 of the Touring events be willing to do the same with 14 car fields in 2013 ?

Purse Cuts

Point Fund Cuts

Loudon stealing money from the Modified Tour Sponsor Town Fair Tire.

The Modifieds at Daytona a BIG JOKE as it looks now. No one is going to go.

Spec Motor

No Race Tracks to go to.

Where does this go from here ?

NASCAR charging $25,000 to put on a WMT Race. I didn't see a cut on that amount.

Don't forget Thompson will be cutting the Purse for the North/South Showdown. 125 laps to 75 laps.

Also The September Loudon race will see a purse cut.

Things look real good for the WMT for 2013.

Still waiting to here from Phil K. of Whelen. I guess he is OK with what's going on with the WMT. What a shame. I really thought he loved the Modifieds as much as the rest of us. I was very wrong.

Special Thanks to Chad Little, Jerry Gappens, Bruton Smith and of course NASCAR for screwing over the best division they have and killing it.

some of the thing you list are fact and some are opinion. Two very diff things.

Acadia
06-24-2012, 01:21 AM
Identifying the teams that are, or even may, be shutting down would not be an appropriate thing to do, so don't pursue it. I think MOD11RACER is savvy enough to know that, or he simply would have listed the teams in his original post. However, you just need to be perceptive and observant, and maybe you'll pick up on some of the signs that teams are not going to be around much longer.

I don't think the owners can afford the savings from the NASCAR cost improvements anymore. It's like when my wife sees an ad that says the more you spend the more you save. That's extremely expensive savings.

shep 06
06-24-2012, 05:33 AM
I would like to know how stating 10 teams are leaving helps the tour in any way . Has someone from these 10 teams told you this or are you guessing.

Revscott
06-24-2012, 03:21 PM
There is absolutely no truth in 10 teams closing down and doing no racing next year. This is 100% opinion and truly has no benefit to the sport. Phil was around all day yesterday and is always very friendly. Stop and ask him a couple questions and he will surely give you some insight on the tour and where he is hoping to go.

bud
06-24-2012, 04:08 PM
No one said they were shutting down. Say hi vmrs and roc.....lol

The Bullfather
06-24-2012, 04:52 PM

that was in the first post.

RGeeProductions
06-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Pete, no team would say this on the 4th race of a 14 race season, they would have done it already. And you notice, no answer.

Acadia
06-24-2012, 05:47 PM
All that equipment will be heading to the MRS.

Bob T. Racer
06-24-2012, 06:24 PM
Can you all say bye, bye Whelen. Even though they have a 10 year contract with NASCRAP, when the tour goes away, NASCRAP will have all that money for the big 3. What do you mean their already shoveling Whelens money there? LOL

The Bullfather
06-24-2012, 07:43 PM
I know we wouldn't get an answer but bud said in his post: No one said they were shutting down. Say hi vmrs and roc.....lol

I doubt any team would even admit to saying this or even said it! Just thought the statement was way out there, then other people asked the same question, so I just highlighted what was said in the 1st post. Like you said 4 races, I think things will change before the end of the year, some will like it, some will not!