PDA

View Full Version : Waterford - Mr. Rooter 161

Acadia
06-24-2012, 01:03 AM
Well, pretty good event.

Only 4 cautions.

Good racing all around.

Packed house. Filled to capacity. I was really impressed with the crowd.

The Richie Evans tribute car was very cool.

llmodmaniac, where were you? I introduced myself to several people wearing Ryan Preece shirts.

BigMac
06-24-2012, 09:41 AM
For all of the doom and gloom on this board the racing has been pretty good on the WMT this year. They've been drawing big crowds too. There are some positives.

Was the NHMS race addressed at all in the drivers meeting?

MOD11RACER
06-24-2012, 10:54 AM
For all of the doom and gloom on this board the racing has been pretty good on the WMT this year. They've been drawing big crowds too. There are some positives.

No.

TC got yanked into the NASCAR hauler for speaking his mind to the Norwich Bulletin. Drivers and Car Owners on the WMT cannot comment or speak at the drivers meetings.

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/sports/motorsports/x2102586143/Whelen-Modified-Tour-looks-troubled#axzz1yisAy26y

MOD11RACER
06-24-2012, 10:57 AM
A complete SUCCESS by the Waterford Speedbowl and the WMT Owners and Drivers.

A great one day show.

wmass01013
06-24-2012, 12:22 PM
its pretty sad that you can see what a MODIFIED RACE IN NEW ENGLAND ON A NICE SUMMER NITE DOES, pack the place and have the fire marshall close the parking lot, to bad NASCAR does everything to hurt the series instead of help

bud
06-24-2012, 01:38 PM
Wow what a shocker. Tc getting spoken to was..... but it is ok to speak about stuff according to jason and his brother in law.shoes....lol or was that mr18

BBL
06-24-2012, 02:46 PM
TC was only speaking his mind as others would not or are afraid to..so good for TC he says what others want to but don't

bud
06-24-2012, 04:27 PM
Oh im a tc fan.... someone made the comment that none of the owners and drivers have complain i mentioned theyd get spanked by nascar.
Another point. No true fan wants the tour to fail.no one! 3yrs ago we were having the same lets be happy with what we got. Hows that working. If nascar even acted like they cared, if Jason and his cronies had half the enthusiasm for the sport as the do for the bottom line I would never say a bad thing. Never but none of those guys can look you straight in the eye. Its all in press releases and emails. Cloak and dagger. The purses should have been stated at the begining of the season. I love the mods but they DONT HAVE TO BE NASCAR MODS.!

bud
06-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Have some respect for yourselves. Would you want your daughter to stay in an abusive relationship? Oh hunny stay the course be tough...it will get better.....omg. I care because these guys are the greatest and dont deserve to be treated any less!
I cant for the life of me figure out how you think the guys wanting these guys treated properly are the enemy....
REALLY WHO ARE THE BAD GUYS HERE? DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THE PARK AND HOW BEN DODGE TREATED THE TEAMS AND DRIVERS? COOKOUTS AT THE PAVILION FREE PASSES TO THE PARK. THIS IS THE WAY THE TEAMS SHOULD BE TREATED NOW....WITH RESPECT!!!!! WAS IT REALLY THAT LONG AGO?

BBL
06-24-2012, 04:59 PM
Your right Ben treated the guys with a lot of respect..gave them something to look forward to..Ben is still the best at what he does

Sicklajoie
06-24-2012, 08:26 PM
I didn't show up until 7 so I wound up parking in the plaza next to the track. That worked out great because I was on the road quickly once the races were done.
I thought the racing was good, but giving the teams the option to change a tire would've made things more interesting.
You've got to feel for Todd Szegedy. He was once again at the wrong place at the wrong time with a fast racecar.

MXCHAMP04
06-24-2012, 09:00 PM
I didn't show up until 7 so I wound up parking in the plaza next to the track. That worked out great because I was on the road quickly once the races were done.
I thought the racing was good, but giving the teams the option to change a tire would've made things more interesting.
You've got to feel for Todd Szegedy. He was once again at the wrong place at the wrong time with a fast racecar.Yeah, I feel for Todd. Another bad finish with a good car due to bad luck. Also I feel for Rocco. I said it before and wa sorta told I'm crazy. But that 3 needs a lot of help. If Keith can't get around at a track he has dominated for the last couple year, then that car is junk. It has not been competitive at all in the last couple years. Flame away.

MOD11RACER
06-24-2012, 10:27 PM

Big Mac: You need to read the posts on here a little better. We aren't upset with the WMT Teams or the racing on the Tour. It is by far the best Modified racing we have. We are pissed off at NASCAR for the treatment of the WMT Teams. NASCAR, Bruton Smith, Jerry Gappens (The Loudon Liar) and Chad Little for ****ting on the Team owners and treated them like their own little whipping boys. The WMT shouldn't be used to prop up the Sprint Cup Series. They shouldn't be stealing the WMT purse money and sponsorship money to support the Cup Series. That is what NASCAR and Loudon have done this year to the Tour. You will never see that money returned to the WMT. Purses never go up only down with NASCAR and the WMT. That's what sucks NASCAR doesn't give a ****. The bottom line is Loudon and Jerry Gappens made the call to cut the purse for the WMT and NASCAR let them.

Then you have the Spec motor story.

Acadia
06-24-2012, 11:20 PM
That was a tough incident. There was a pack of cars, maybe 6 running 2 wide, with a couple others fore and aft, for several laps. It was exciting, but I looked to the person next to me when the pack went by (between T1&2) and said that was a disaster waiting to happen. The 2 didn't go by me again, bummer.

The incident when TC got turned around and he went down the end of the front straight backwards was a sight to see.

It was a great crowd. Imagine if overcapacity was our problem at every event?

You've got to feel for Todd Szegedy. He was once again at the wrong place at the wrong time with a fast racecar.

Acadia
06-25-2012, 12:40 AM
Exceptional!

Have some respect for yourselves. Would you want your daughter to stay in an abusive relationship? Oh hunny stay the course be tough...it will get better.....omg. I care because these guys are the greatest and dont deserve to be treated any less!
I cant for the life of me figure out how you think the guys wanting these guys treated properly are the enemy....
REALLY WHO ARE THE BAD GUYS HERE? DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THE PARK AND HOW BEN DODGE TREATED THE TEAMS AND DRIVERS? COOKOUTS AT THE PAVILION FREE PASSES TO THE PARK. THIS IS THE WAY THE TEAMS SHOULD BE TREATED NOW....WITH RESPECT!!!!! WAS IT REALLY THAT LONG AGO?

Groundpounder
06-25-2012, 09:45 AM
Also I feel for Rocco. I said it before and wa sorta told I'm crazy. But that 3 needs a lot of help. If Keith can't get around at a track he has dominated for the last couple year, then that car is junk. It has not been competitive at all in the last couple years. Flame away.

You're still crazy. Rocco has had a good deal of success at Thompson in an sk too, but that didn't exacly translate to a modified (he wrecked the #79 in time trials).

DaFingz
06-25-2012, 11:01 AM
You're still crazy. Rocco has had a good deal of success at Thompson in an sk too, but that didn't exacly translate to a modified (he wrecked the #79 in time trials).

If memory serves me correctly didn't something in the front end break in the 79 sending Rocco into the wall hard? It's not like he drove it into the fence.

Axel
06-25-2012, 11:12 AM
That was a fun night! Great race, good racing all around.

Sorry i didnt connect with anyone. Didnt get there till 7. Long drive up. See you all at Riverhead.

Groundpounder
06-25-2012, 11:27 AM
If memory serves me correctly didn't something in the front end break in the 79 sending Rocco into the wall hard? It's not like he drove it into the fence.

I talked to a Hillbilly crew member after that who said nothing broke... well not until he hit the wall anyway.

Bob T. Racer
06-25-2012, 01:04 PM
I talked to a Hillbilly crew member after that who said nothing broke... well not until he hit the wall anyway.

Was that the crew member that put the right front assembly together in the first place?lol

Groundpounder
06-25-2012, 01:26 PM
Was that the crew member that put the right front assembly together in the first place?lol

lmao, that I couldn't tell ya!

MXCHAMP04
06-25-2012, 02:00 PM
You're still crazy. Rocco has had a good deal of success at Thompson in an sk too, but that didn't exacly translate to a modified (he wrecked the #79 in time trials).I highly doubt that he just drove the car into the fence without some issue. And the 79 is nowhere near competitive anymore. I think Mckennedy is on the most talented dirvers out there, he dominated at Waterford in the MRS race, and gets in the 79 and can barely crack the top ten, a half a lap away from the leaders. You can't run on old equipment and expect to be competitive.

NWMT PR
07-02-2012, 05:30 PM
I hope you all had as much fun at this race as I did. I suggest we all thank Waterford for the great job they did, and encourage them to bring the Tour back next year.

RBH
07-02-2012, 09:32 PM
They better, they haven't had a crowd in decades.

Acadia
07-03-2012, 12:28 AM
I'll second that emotion... the Waterford Speedbowl did a great job to bring in a huge crowd. Congratulations!

I hope you all had as much fun at this race as I did. I suggest we all thank Waterford for the great job they did, and encourage them to bring the Tour back next year.