PDA

View Full Version : If the NASCAR Mods go to the Spec. Motor...

Acadia
06-24-2012, 08:34 PM
What will happen to the MRS series? The MRS series pretty much recycles used NASCAR mod equipment.

The MRS will have to become a spec motor series too. They might have to buy equipment new!!! This spec. motor will have a serious effect on the MRS, especially since the spec. motor doesn't last. It effectively would have near zero resale value. The MRS will have to come up with a low-low cost engine solution since the source of engines, used Tour motors, has gone away.

The MRS has to be very concerned about this.

MXCHAMP04
06-24-2012, 09:24 PM
What will happen to the MRS series? The MRS series pretty much recycles used NASCAR mod equipment.

The MRS will have to become a spec motor series too. They might have to buy equipment new!!! This spec. motor will have a serious effect on the MRS, especially since the spec. motor doesn't last. It effectively would have near zero resale value. The MRS will have to come up with a low-low cost engine solution since the source of engines, used Tour motors, has gone away.

The MRS has to be very concerned about this.Uhhhhhhh, I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about here.

Sicklajoie
06-24-2012, 09:27 PM
The MRS series pretty much recycles used NASCAR mod equipment.

I don't think so.

uticamike
06-24-2012, 10:34 PM
I don't think so.

In the past 2 weeks I've had the opportunity to hear the remarks of a major engine builder, a former champ and current chassis builder and not

a one of them thinks this spec motor thing is a good idea. The blocks are throwaways as we know much has been written. RYR is the only one going to

make out on this deal. No one on the tour(s) of any prominence has asked for them. NASCAR as usual doesn't give a sheet and is hell bent to do what it

wants. As for the impact on the VMRS or the ROC the steelhead (while not a cure all) could carry on in those series. They are rebuild-able.