PDA

View Full Version : Points...

CJfilms
06-27-2012, 09:45 PM
The points will be uploaded tonight for the Dirt Series...

There are three alterations that were required to be made to the finishes from this race and the first race that will affect positions.

First event, April 29th, Drew Ott in the Big Cars originally finished 7th place by the transponder scoring system...he voiced his opinion about there being an issue at the race and, by my direction, he filed a written compliant AS PER THE RULES as soon as he saw his mylaps results. The upload shows he missed three laps early in the race. I know, we don't give laps back to drivers who miss the loop....but, he did not miss the loop, the videoS we have of the race all show he stayed on the track for each of those laps... The corrected finish would place him 1 lap ahead of Carl Ruppert, putting Drew in 1st place. The points will be adjusted accordingly, Drew will be moved from 7th to 1st. The ONLY reason we considered doing this was they WAY he approached us with it...Drew provided us with his mylaps individual lap break down, and he truthfully did not miss the loop any of those laps...he rightfully deserves the win for this race.

This past event, June 24th, Brian Smith, Pat Hires and Phil Levering...All Small Cars.
Brian Smith was no longer scored after the 65th lap due to ignoring the black flag... The mylaps results show him in 22nd place, however he will be awarded last place, 34th, due to blowing through the pit gate without stopping.... The two actions combined are plenty of fuel to let the DQ fire burn all night long, however he claimed he could not see the black flag through the dust...and admittedly, it did get dusty before we stopped for the wet-down. We feel that last place will suffice.
Phil Levering decided to abandon his car during a red flag, however he pushed the vehicle off of the speedway. I know some drivers prefer a clear track and there are ways to properly clear the track, however Phil pushed his car to the infield and basically went for the ride downhill......this is a safety issue more than anything...I understand the desire to save the car, especially at the end of the race, but this is how you can get hurt. Again, last place was awarded (in this case 33rd), since a DQ for this is too harsh of a penalty.
Pat Hires' vehicle suffered mechanical issues halfway through the event, at which time he exited the vehicle in the infield... The issue was that he returned to race for the last few laps after leaving the vehicle in the infield. Once a car is abandoned, it is a dead car an cannot be used to continue racing. Pat exclaimed that he needed to hurry to a family event after the race and he just wanted to get the car moving before the end of the race to make it easier to load up...... Perfect scenario here...a dead car comes back out and accidentally gets into a wreck with the leader....someone winning the race gets knocked out by a driver who shouldn't be on the track would be nightmare scenario.... Pat will be awarded 32nd place.

These infractions are all of the procedural rules. Rules are rules and I don't like doing this to any of these three drivers (two previous champions), but even the most minor of procedural rules must be enforced. I'm not going to DQ any one for these infractions, and the points lost are minute in comparison to an all out DQ...but a penalty must be enforced. We are trying to be consistent with out rules as much as possible...regardless of what else may have happened that we didn't catch at the race itself, these issues were discussed and this is the solution we came up with.

69racing
06-28-2012, 06:07 AM
Joe, every time I get on mylaps.com I have a hard time finding the most recent race. Do you have a link to Sunday's race results on my laps?

Erin C
06-28-2012, 07:37 AM
Scott, it hasn't been a week yet so they are probably not up yet...Amy uploads everything when she gets the laptop back at the next race...

ThePill
06-28-2012, 08:25 AM
mylaps were up last night

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=799397

Erin C
06-28-2012, 08:47 AM
oh, great! I didn't see them when I checked...

NeetsSpectator
06-28-2012, 09:52 AM
Scott, it hasn't been a week yet so they are probably not up yet...Amy uploads everything when she gets the laptop back at the next race...

I'm still waiting for the Junk-a-thon (9/25/11) and The Mutha (10/16/11) from last year.
Maybe you could ask Amy to upload them.

Philter39
06-28-2012, 10:13 PM
I am okay with your decision. The ride was to aim the car between the pole and the wall. The mighty Mazda finally after over 1,000 miles of enduro racing blew up the motor. Broken block. phil