PDA

View Full Version : The 2nd Annual UNOH North vs South Showdown

RacnJason00
07-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Can anyone please tell me why they dropped the laps from 150 to 2-75 lap races and a 50 lap shootout???:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes :

csammy
07-01-2012, 08:09 PM
dont really know i have my thoughts best thing would be for the nascar pr person to tell us why my opinion is after last years race with hardly any passing due to no tire change that again nascar made a concession for the southern teams on the tire rule due to the fact the southern teams dont do tire changes that often so nascar changed it to a 50 lap shoot out so that the teams will go all out from the drop of the green flag thats just my opinion

RacnJason00
07-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Well at least hopefully it will both be two 75 lap green flag races.

wmass01013
07-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Well at least hopefully it will both be two 75 lap green flag races.

NASCAR does not do green flag lap only races, any WMT race goes by all SPRINT CUP RULES and last yr races were 125 laps

RacnJason00
07-01-2012, 08:37 PM
It's not a points race. There has to be a damn good reason why they lowered the laps?????

wmass01013
07-01-2012, 08:42 PM
It's not a points race. There has to be a damn good reason why they lowered the laps?????

the 75 lap WMT AND WSMT ARE MOST DEF POINT RACES and the 50 lap shootout is the same as last yr non point and 50 laps

CuriousGeorge
07-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Probably because if you cant change tires, it reduces the amount of "ride around" time IMO. The 125's last year were pretty uneventful, except for victory lane in the southern race

RacnJason00
07-01-2012, 09:14 PM
I understand. Just was curious. That's all

MJProcko
07-02-2012, 03:11 AM
So they reduced the racing by 1/3 I guess we can expect the admission to drop also.

So instead of replicating the glory of the Thompson 300 they are now replicating the glory of the Thompson 200???? I must have missed that one.

RacnJason00
07-02-2012, 05:54 AM
I agree, but it is still 60 bucks to get in the paddock for the weekend. I'm coming down on Friday and making a big modified weekend out of it. Friday night heading to Stafford, Thompson on Saturday and Waterford on Saturday night and back to Thompson on Sunday.

NWMT PR
07-02-2012, 10:46 PM
We've got five races to go between now and the UNOH Showdown. The entry blank probably won't be out for another month.

RacnJason00
07-03-2012, 05:43 AM
Who said anything about thee entry blank, the Thompson site says 2- 75 lap races and a 50 lap showdown.

csammy
07-04-2012, 12:43 PM
nwmt pr could you tell us the reason for the laps being cut from 125 - 75 just curious if it was a nascar decision or if thompson speedway requested the the cut in laps or a combo of both nascar - thompson making the decision

Acadia
07-04-2012, 12:53 PM
What does the number of races between now and the UNOH Showdown, and the availability of the entry blank have to do with the races being shortened to 75 laps?

Seriously, I think it's a good question. Looking forward to the answer.

We've got five races to go between now and the UNOH Showdown. The entry blank probably won't be out for another month.

csammy
07-04-2012, 01:15 PM
NWMT PR probablly wont come on and answear the question if they do its going to be a boondogel of an answear like we are trying to save the teams money or its a need to know situation does any one know if the purse has been cut from last years race

Acadia
07-04-2012, 01:40 PM
I would expect that tracks are going to be given explicit orders not to include race details such as laps in their promotional activities for now on. I mean, why would fans need to know that? lol

Who said anything about thee entry blank, the Thompson site says 2- 75 lap races and a 50 lap showdown.

Howie
07-04-2012, 02:02 PM
What does the number of races between now and the UNOH Showdown, and the availability of the entry blank have to do with the races being shortened to 75 laps?

Seriously, I think it's a good question. Looking forward to the answer.

Here we go - already? The question was asked, the question was answered. If you didn't like the answer, wait like he said. Why do you feel you need to know the reason for every business discussion other people make.

And speaking of good questions, you Mr. Acadia have been asked many good questions recently and choose to not answer any of them. We've all been looking forward to the answers - when will YOU answer THEM?

NWMT PR probablly wont come on and answear the question if they do its going to be a boondogel of an answear like we are trying to save the teams money or its a need to know situation does any one know if the purse has been cut from last years race

NWMT PR has well gone beyond his duties by coming on here answering questions, only to be ridiculed by people hiding behind screen names. He doesn't have to do that. If you feel it is "probablly" a "boondogel of an answer", I'm sorry, but it will probably be a boondoggle of an answer that you get.

If you want answers you aren't getting here, try emailing the proper NASCAR person or track representative directly.

I would expect that tracks are going to be given explicit orders not to include race details such as laps in their promotional activities for now on. I mean, why would fans need to know that? lol

Good question, why would the fans need to know that 2 months in advance. They got other events to promote before then. When they start the hype for that race, think maybe they'll have all the info out then?

csammy
07-04-2012, 02:32 PM
the question was why was the laps reduced NWMT PR answer was its 5 races until unoh showdown and the entry blank wont be out for months now how does that answer the question of why the laps were reduced if you are going to come on and give an answer then answer the question dont go off in left field it was a simple question with racnjasonOO starting the post asking why they were reduced and others chiming in with there opinions and then the NWMT PR not giving the reason why and thats where it started to spin simple as that

Howie
07-04-2012, 02:44 PM
the question was why was the laps reduced NWMT PR answer was its 5 races until unoh showdown and the entry blank wont be out for months now how does that answer the question of why the laps were reduced if you are going to come on and give an answer then answer the question dont go off in left field it was a simple question with racnjasonOO starting the post asking why they were reduced and others chiming in with there opinions and then the NWMT PR not giving the reason why and thats where it started to spin simple as that

And apparently he gave you the answer that he could at the time, I guess it is as simple as that. I don't have the answer and I'm not sure I need to know why, or even have a guess why. We may never really know the reason why. The one thing I do know is we will be there to support it.

csammy
07-04-2012, 02:52 PM
ok i will accecpt the answer for now but i just wont be like the old thompson 300 although i did like the format last year of the north-south teams and splitting up the racing and then having a shoot out the only thing i found boring was no passing for the shoot out due to no tire change during a caution i give credit to hoening for trying something new i thought it work pretty good and yes i will be there

Howie
07-04-2012, 03:11 PM
I know, I like a lot of things like they were in the "old" days too. Sadly not much resembles anything even from the recent past, I remember a lot of cool things from the "good old days" and keep thinking that for the kids today, these are their "good old days". I don't mean to sound like I'm happy with everything going on, but before long who knows what we'll have. The 300 doesn't get 100+ cars anymore. Gotta get Don Hoenig credit, there aren't many things he hasn't tried to promote the sport. If this doesn't work, I'm sure he'll be the first to try and do something different that will work.

RacnJason00
07-04-2012, 06:55 PM

Because I'm not just a fan off the street.

BigMac
07-04-2012, 08:20 PM
I would like to make a point here. There are a lot of fans out there that travel hundreds of miles, sometimes thousands of miles to attend these WMT races. They spend hundreds of dollars on fuel, hotels and food before they ever buy a race ticket. Some races require a plane ticket to get to. People also schedule days off and plan vacations around WMT events. Both Nascar and the tracks need to have all of the formats, laps, and specifics of these events figured out when the schedule is announced. It seems like things are changing week to week now. Maybe the twins 75s were announced last fall. I can't remember to be honest but it does seem like a lot of things are changing as we go along here. I understand that the fans may not have a right to know why something is what it is but I do believe we have a right to know what it is we are paying for. Especially when so many tracks are selling season tickets and advanced tickets. Yes there has been a lot of negativity on this board but Nascar and the tracks havn't helped the situation by making rolling changes as the season goes on. Give it to us straight in November when the schedule comes out and a lot of these issues go away. Again all of the off track stuff has masked what has been a good season on the track.

RacnJason00
07-04-2012, 08:57 PM
I agree. I am hauling down from Maine and it's a 4 and 1/2 hour ride but Im there

Acadia
07-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Really, I'm amazed that anyone would have a hard time understanding this.

If somebody wants to sell something, be prepared to tell what it is and all that is asked. When people ask about things that the seller hoped nobody would ask about, the seller has only himself to blame.

Maybe this off track stuff has put some on notice that the paying customers are disappointed with the product, which could be why the Tour events have been good so far.

I would like to make a point here. There are a lot of fans out there that travel hundreds of miles, sometimes thousands of miles to attend these WMT races. They spend hundreds of dollars on fuel, hotels and food before they ever buy a race ticket. Some races require a plane ticket to get to. People also schedule days off and plan vacations around WMT events. Both Nascar and the tracks need to have all of the formats, laps, and specifics of these events figured out when the schedule is announced. It seems like things are changing week to week now. Maybe the twins 75s were announced last fall. I can't remember to be honest but it does seem like a lot of things are changing as we go along here. I understand that the fans may not have a right to know why something is what it is but I do believe we have a right to know what it is we are paying for. Especially when so many tracks are selling season tickets and advanced tickets. Yes there has been a lot of negativity on this board but Nascar and the tracks havn't helped the situation by making rolling changes as the season goes on. Give it to us straight in November when the schedule comes out and a lot of these issues go away. Again all of the off track stuff has masked what has been a good season on the track.

Sicklajoie
07-05-2012, 03:10 PM

If somebody wants to sell something, be prepared to tell what it is and all that is asked. When people ask about things that the seller hoped nobody would ask about, the seller has only himself to blame.

Maybe this off track stuff has put some on notice that the paying customers are disappointed with the product, which could be why the Tour events have been good so far.
Funny, when people ask YOU questions, more often than not, you choose to ignore them.

RGeeProductions
07-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Now that's a valid and factual reply...

Magicshoes12
07-06-2012, 07:51 AM
Now that's a valid and factual reply...

Thought this would be appreciated!! LOL

Howie
07-06-2012, 11:00 AM
More questions Acadia??? Hope your having fun. You kinda of answered your own question in a previous post. My answer to you would be...

limodmaniac
07-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Does anyone want to sponsor a lap for the Riverhead Tour Race?

Howie
07-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Now go collect all those questions you want answered, and the links to the questions.

Acadia, you are just too funny!! Thanks, as expected, true to form, you didn't let me down.

Axel
07-06-2012, 01:53 PM
I know I am dating myself here, but does anyone remember Expedition34 from the old Mod Series Scene forum after the Thompson 300 in 2001 or 2002? He got warned and warned again, but couldnt help himself.

limodmaniac
07-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Axel,
Let me know if you want an additional lap or two when you send me the ten bucks for the one lap!

limodmaniac
07-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Shawn, Acadia... looking for lap sponsors for the Riverhead Tour Race.. Let me know!

wmass01013
07-06-2012, 02:59 PM
And for his next act, Acadia is going to use a bunch of made information spelled out extensively in totally general nonsensical details to convince those on the board that Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster are dating (and also that he knows Bigfoot is partly behind the purse cutting at NHMS). Don't ask him for any facts to back up anything he says though, he'll only rush to change the subject by calling people names and then run off to spread his made up information on another thread.

and you keep jabbing at him LET IT GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Acadia
07-06-2012, 03:21 PM
limodmaniac, what you do is commendable. But I have already contributed much more elsewhere.

Shawn, Acadia... looking for lap sponsors for the Riverhead Tour Race.. Let me know!

BigMac
07-06-2012, 05:42 PM
and you keep jabbing at him LET IT GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I see a black flag coming soon. Has a poster ever been sent to the pits on this message board before?

bud
07-08-2012, 05:51 PM
Wow! Is it silly season???

RacnJason00
07-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Look all I asked was if anyone knew why they dropped the laps from 150 to 75????

Jaws
07-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Look all I asked was if anyone knew why they dropped the laps from 150 to 75????

LOL, now that made me laugh.

TourFan Ed
07-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Just curious as to why this has become an issue now as it has been on Thompson's scheduule as Twin 75"s all along

RacnJason00
07-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Just curious as to why this has become an issue now as it has been on Thompson's scheduule as Twin 75"s all along Cause it was 150 laps each and now 75. DOn't you think something is up. I just wanted to no.

Magicshoes12
07-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Cause it was 150 laps each and now 75. DOn't you think something is up. I just wanted to no.

Last year were both races were 125 laps each, and I don't know why it was cut to 75....I also don't believe they were allowed to make pit stops last year either during the points race. Hopefully they make it so that the caution laps don't count seeing it's only 75 laps and last time they ran a 75 lap points race at Thompson it was a non counting caution race back in 2008. Either way the Dash for Cash 50 lap race was awesome! Hopefully that will be just as good this year! And who knows maybe the Whelen Tour will be the only ones at the track that weekend if Thompson keeps going the way its going this year!! LOL

RacnJason00
07-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Thanks Magic

MJProcko
07-09-2012, 04:04 PM
"When there’s no pit stops, everybody knows the first 50 laps you just have to ride because everyone is nervous that their cars are going to go away so you just ride where your track position is,” Coby said. “This track is so big that with only 25 cars, everybody gets stretched out and if it wasn’t for (one spin), I think we would have gone green-to-checkered. If they gave us one or two tires, I think some guys would have gone harder in the beginning.”

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/news/x1587951075/Thompson-Speedways-national-event-a-success?zc_p=2#axzz209jrUYtJ

Hmmmm more tires = better racing, what a novel concept.

Curious, does anyone agree with me that they have it backwards.
I would make the WMT & WSMT stand alone races 75 laps and have the shootout be a real combo race, a points race of 150 laps for the big cash. 50 lap dash is nice but starting the fastest cars up front means anyone outside the top 10 doesn't have a chance without a major wreck up front. Plus 75+75+150=300 laps!!! Now that's something I could see paying 50 bucks for.

RacnJason00
07-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Curious, does anyone agree with me that they have it backwards.
I would make the WMT & WSMT stand alone races 75 laps and have the shootout be a real combo race, a points race of 150 laps for the big cash. 50 lap dash is nice but starting the fastest cars up front means anyone outside the top 10 doesn't have a chance without a major wreck up front. Plus 75+75+150=300 laps!!! Now that's something I could see paying 50 bucks for.

I like that MJ

MOD11RACER
07-13-2012, 01:01 PM

To drop the purse payout. 75 laps will not pay the same as 125 laps. These 2 races will have a payout smaller than the Speedbowl payout. About $7,500 less per race for a total of about $15,000 less in 2012.

RacnJason00
07-13-2012, 01:37 PM
I will get an entry blank so I will see what it says when they come out!!