PDA

View Full Version : Barrett Suspended by Valenti Modified Racing Series for 2 Races

csg
07-02-2012, 09:47 PM
as reported by speed51.com

Barrett Suspended by Valenti Modified Racing Series for 2 Races
VMRS - 7/2/12
Valenti Modified Racing Series competitor Tommy Barrett, of Millis Mass, has received a two-race suspension and is on probation for the rest of the 2012 season, the result of aggressive driving at Lee USA Speedway, Lee, NH., Friday night, June 29.

Barrett was notified of the series decision on Monday. July 2

Series Race Director Pete Newsham made the announcement following the notification.

“The Valenti Modified Racing Series, since it’s inception, has taken a strong stand on aggressive driving. This is an unfortunate situation but based on the Seekonk issue, and what happened at Lee, the series is forced to take action. We preach respect and patience in this series. Tommy Barrett is a very talented driver. We hope by this decision he will learn from it.”

Barrett was fined and placed on probation by the series for the same infraction after last months race at Seekonk, MA.

Barrett will be eligible to return to competition when the series goes to Thompson International Speedway, Thursday, July 26

JE711618
07-17-2012, 03:39 PM
And he's yet to receive any purse money for taking the green flag and running 92 of 100 laps? What kind of racing series is the MRS running?

JED
07-17-2012, 09:18 PM
And he's yet to receive any purse money for taking the green flag and running 92 of 100 laps? What kind of racing series is the MRS running?

Simple.
He was sat down for the rest of the event, not DQ'd.
Suspension was after the fact for future events.

mwf44
07-18-2012, 12:08 AM
YO JED, beg to differ with you !!!! That BOGUS MS series considers that kid Disqualified & will not pay him one cent even though he completed 92 laps. And people wonder why I question the legitimacy of that organization. I talked with John Darby @ NHMS & even he said "BOGUS" to MS series. So glad I did most my 30 years of racing with NASCAR. Lucky me, 4 SURE !!

Groundpounder
07-18-2012, 08:50 AM
The press release for the Lee race mentions nothing about him being DQ'd and has him listed as finishing 19th. The subsequent press release about him being suspended doesn't mention anything about a DQ at Lee either. It seems like he should receive 19th place pay.

uticamike
07-18-2012, 07:21 PM
Guessing here but I'm thinking Mario and "uncle" Jack don't exchange Christmas cards. I'd love to know why all the vitriol from you Mario. If you don't like the series I get that but the venom just pours out you for the MRS. Kinda scary.

JED
07-18-2012, 07:58 PM
Mario
I misinterpreted the post as to why he was paid and responded accordingly.
Bottom line here is a call was made. It is what it is. The question here is Barrett going to put it behind him and go forward? I hope so. He is a young talent and fun to watch. I hope he puts his energy forward rather than dwell on the past.

Jim

mwf44
07-22-2012, 10:51 PM
JED, everybody wonders why racing @ this level continues it downward trend. Well how about when competitors get "stiffed" by supposed "sanctioning bodies" & use that term to its loosest extent, lol !! Now they put in their rules that they don't even have to pay you if they don't want to. Come'on smell the coffee & wake-up to just how COMPLETLY BOGUS ths phoney organization is. If ever my race car started a race & I got "stiffed" they'd never see me back & would have hell to pay, 4 SURE !!!!

JE711618
07-23-2012, 09:29 AM
Receiving no money for taking the green and running almost the entire event before being parked is a terrible way to handle your business. Being found illegal in post race inspection would be the only grounds for not receiving purse money. That's been common practice for most tracks and series. Being parked for an altercation that took place during a race and not receiving purse money of any kind doesn't hold water. As Grounderpounder stated, he was listed as finishing 19th. If he was disqualified the results would list him as such without a position listed on the rundown. It's no way to run a series.

mwf44
07-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Hope people are waking up & see that crap like MRS does is spreading like a cancer. First Jack puts in his rules that he don't have to pay a competitor if he don't feel like it & doesn't as in the Barrett deal & now its reported that Saturday's ROC event @ Oswego paid ZERO to any entrant that didn't complete at least 50 laps. OK all you "defenders of the sport", how's that & everybody wonders why things are going straight "downhill" from when I racesd in the'70's, '80's & '90's. #44 never started any one of the 2000+ events that we competed in & didn't get paid @ least start money. We were unbeknowst to us illegal for 201 laps @ Riverhead in 1997 with Reg & still got paid strat money of over $1,000. Thats what keeps race cars on race tracks. MRS set the precedence of not paying competitors & now its spreading like wildfire. OK JED & Uticamike now you know the reason for the vitriol & venom that pours from Agawam.

JMB
07-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Receiving no money for taking the green and running almost the entire event before being parked is a terrible way to handle your business. Being found illegal in post race inspection would be the only grounds for not receiving purse money. That's been common practice for most tracks and series. Being parked for an altercation that took place during a race and not receiving purse money of any kind doesn't hold water. As Grounderpounder stated, he was listed as finishing 19th. If he was disqualified the results would list him as such without a position listed on the rundown. It's no way to run a series.

On the MYLAPS results for this race he is listed as "Not Classifed" DQ.

JE711618
07-25-2012, 09:07 AM
They can list him as "Hot Dog Vendor" for all I care. The press release from the VMRS office listed him as finishing 19th. The difference in results between MYLAPS and the official press release from the VRMS further proves the disorganization of the series. The point is he ran all but 8 laps and was sat down on a judgement call. It's etiquette. The kid should be paid plain and simple.

mwf44
07-25-2012, 06:15 PM
WAKE-UP PEOPLE !! Hack/Jack does what ever he wants cause he can, its his playground & if he don't feel like payin', he don't. Ask Dale Evonsion, Richard Savary, Todd Annarummo & Tommy Barrett all "stiffed" by that stiff Hack/Jack. All that crap just pisses me off cause I ran mostley NASCAR & they don't do business like that. Even every Open Comp show during my 30 years of racing always paid. Guess it don't work like that in the 2000's. Then people wonder where all the race cars are. Why pay if you don't have to, just put it in your rules.

JMB
07-25-2012, 08:07 PM
I don't want to argue, because it obvious where this is headed no matter what is said. However, any short track that I ever went to a DQ(for tech or on track actions) meant you received zero points or money. When TC was DQ'd at Thompson a few weeks ago for running into someone after the chekcer, he was not just put back to last, it was like he was not in the race at all.

MXCHAMP04
07-25-2012, 08:45 PM
WAKE-UP PEOPLE !! Hack/Jack does what ever he wants cause he can, its his playground & if he don't feel like payin', he don't. Ask Dale Evonsion, Richard Savary, Todd Annarummo & Tommy Barrett all "stiffed" by that stiff Hack/Jack. All that crap just pisses me off cause I ran mostley NASCAR & they don't do business like that. Even every Open Comp show during my 30 years of racing always paid. Guess it don't work like that in the 2000's. Then people wonder where all the race cars are. Why pay if you don't have to, just put it in your rules.What do you mean NASCAR doesn't do business like that. Just rercently Newman was found illegal in post race tech. Stripped of the win, all money and any points. Like he wasn't even there. The question is did he get DQ'd or sat down for the night and finished 19th?

Racerjoe
07-25-2012, 10:35 PM
What do you mean NASCAR doesn't do business like that. Just rercently Newman was found illegal in post race tech. Stripped of the win, all money and any points. Like he wasn't even there. The question is did he get DQ'd or sat down for the night and finished 19th?

From what I can figure, he the #9 T.B. received no points for that event which would indicate a DQ.......Maybe the money got split up to the other competitors that got trashed in that incident.

mwf44
07-26-2012, 03:59 PM
OK for all you "know-it-alls" that NEVER owned a race car but have opinions please listen-up & I don't give TWO f***ks if you believe me or not but this is how it is in the real world. Riverhead Raceway 1997 NASCAR Mod Tour event; my Gulf Racing#44 was found after the race to have an illegal differential in the rear end. We finished on the track P3. The illegal piece (Winters Gold Track) was removed by our team then confiscated by NASCAR & Mario & his Gulf Racing #44 was paid last place money (over $1,000 with tour bonus). Like John Darby told me, all cars that start a NASCAR event are paid. When you put hard-earned money out of the pocket to campaign a modified race car, you depend on that start money unless your a millionare & don't need it anyways. People that sit in the grandstand & enjoy the show should never defend a sanctioning body that "stiffs" the competitor. All anybody says now-a-days "where are all the race cars, only 20 something cars" !!! Well figure it out & now with ROC "stiffing" car owners that don't complete atleast 50 laps you can see where its all going. All you fans that think its OK to "stiff" that kid who ran his heart out for 92 laps & put on a hellve show are not fans but f'n JERKS !!

JMB
07-26-2012, 07:42 PM
OK for all you "know-it-alls" that NEVER owned a race car but have opinions please listen-up & I don't give TWO f***ks if you believe me or not but this is how it is in the real world. Riverhead Raceway 1997 NASCAR Mod Tour event; my Gulf Racing#44 was found after the race to have an illegal differential in the rear end. We finished on the track P3. The illegal piece (Winters Gold Track) was removed by our team then confiscated by NASCAR & Mario & his Gulf Racing #44 was paid last place money (over $1,000 with tour bonus). Like John Darby told me, all cars that start a NASCAR event are paid. When you put hard-earned money out of the pocket to campaign a modified race car, you depend on that start money unless your a millionare & don't need it anyways. People that sit in the grandstand & enjoy the show should never defend a sanctioning body that "stiffs" the competitor. All anybody says now-a-days "where are all the race cars, only 20 something cars" !!! Well figure it out & now with ROC "stiffing" car owners that don't complete atleast 50 laps you can see where its all going. All you fans that think its OK to "stiff" that kid who ran his heart out for 92 laps & put on a hellve show are not fans but f'n JERKS !!
Well John Darby was not exactly 100% truthful or did not know every instance. As noted before Newman's team got nothing after the DQ at Loudon last year. There was also an instance in the Busch Series where Johnny Sauter got a complete DQ for an illegal carb while driving for James Finch and got zero money or points. But there are other instances in that timeframe where DQ's cars have gotten paid. This shows NASCAR is not exactly consistent when handling these situations.

MXCHAMP04
07-26-2012, 08:00 PM
OK for all you "know-it-alls" that NEVER owned a race car but have opinions please listen-up & I don't give TWO f***ks if you believe me or not but this is how it is in the real world. Riverhead Raceway 1997 NASCAR Mod Tour event; my Gulf Racing#44 was found after the race to have an illegal differential in the rear end. We finished on the track P3. The illegal piece (Winters Gold Track) was removed by our team then confiscated by NASCAR & Mario & his Gulf Racing #44 was paid last place money (over $1,000 with tour bonus). Like John Darby told me, all cars that start a NASCAR event are paid. When you put hard-earned money out of the pocket to campaign a modified race car, you depend on that start money unless your a millionare & don't need it anyways. People that sit in the grandstand & enjoy the show should never defend a sanctioning body that "stiffs" the competitor. All anybody says now-a-days "where are all the race cars, only 20 something cars" !!! Well figure it out & now with ROC "stiffing" car owners that don't complete atleast 50 laps you can see where its all going. All you fans that think its OK to "stiff" that kid who ran his heart out for 92 laps & put on a hellve show are not fans but f'n JERKS !!Dude, why don't you quit being angry and get over it. 1997 to 2011 is a long time, and Newman was found illegal in the July Loudon race. He was stripped of the win, and NO MONEY was awarded to them. And BTW, while yes I haven't owned the car, my father and brother have, so don't act like you're all high and mighty. If you don't like the MRS or Jack so be it, but IMO it's gonna be the tour of the future, so maybe you wanna go get get another car and give it a try. And see a therapist you need anger management.

JE711618
07-27-2012, 08:57 AM
If you don't like the MRS or Jack so be it, but IMO it's gonna be the tour of the future, so maybe you wanna go get get another car and give it a try.

If it's the tour of the furture then it's not a very bright one.

JMB
07-27-2012, 09:43 AM
Wait, I never used any insulting language at all, but you are are lowering yourself to reply to me? I am pretty sure there was at were articles stating Newman was stripped of all his winnings including the pole award money. In fact NASCAR has does not even have the car listed on their website when you look back at the results of that 1 race.

RGeeProductions
07-27-2012, 12:01 PM
Sorry. I have been working very long days and have not had the time to address this. I received all Pm's and messages and totally agree.
This thread is closed.
This will probably bleed over into facebook so any support from members would be appreciated.