PDA

View Full Version : Shawn..Please!!

uticamike
07-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Off of your remarks responding to Rene Dupris's point about the growing disparity between the haves and have nots on the Tour you took a shot

at the VMRS as to one looking for an identity again't a series that is backed by the brand name NASCAR. INCREDIBLE !!! They have "no names"

(your words) and when Whelen guys show up at their race they dominate (again your words). These 4 guys have won the first 5 races on the VMRS

April 1st Waterford SpeedBowl Waterford, CT Jon McKennedy
April 21st Monadnock Speedway Winchester, NH Jon McKennedy
May 20th Thompson Speedway Thompson, CT Rowan Pennink
June 9th Seekonk Speedway Seekonk, MA Louie Mechalides
June 29th Lee USA Speedway Lee, NH Les Hinckley

Dominate? Huh??

At the recent Open race at Star a ROC regular schooled some of the "names" on the Tour. Give me a break already.

You got your butt handed to you on the show tonight but when your in a hole it's better at some point to stop digging.

Listen to those voices all around you.

bud
07-03-2012, 03:20 AM
Hi five mike!!!!

Acadia
07-03-2012, 12:25 PM
Shawn Courchesne

I'm not cutting on him at all, it's a fact. You have a bunch of people using an inaccurately reported storied to base their arguments on. The reporting in the story is inaccurate, highly inaccurate at that. What if I reported in a story tonight that NASCAR has made a decision to shut down the Whelen Modified Tour after the race at NHMS and I just made that fact up? Don't you think people would talk about that story? And when you found out that the the story was entirely wrong, that they weren't closing the series down, don't you think people would point out that my reporting was totally inaccurate? What's the difference here? You have a bunch of people circling the wagons and using a totally inaccurate story to base their arguments on. How is that for all the screaming and yelling on the board about that story and how great a story it was that someone told the bad guys how bad they are, how is that NOBODY on there pointed out the fact that the numbers reported in that story weren't even close to be correct?

Okay, you say are are not cutting on another reporter, but you go on to say the story is inaccurate, and highly inaccurate. How can you say you are not cutting on him, and then call his story highly inaccurate? :confused: Do you really mean the entire story, or bits and pieces of it? Please answer that. And then point out the exact specific inaccuracies, and even better, correct him.

And what is this?...

Shawn...

"You have a bunch of people using an inaccurately reported storied to base their arguments on."

There seems to be something wrong with that sentence.

Here is an excerpt from the subject article that you appear to be hung up on:

Opening acts don’t get headliner money, however, and New Hampshire is making some cutbacks. The biggest is in the purse it will pay the Whelen Modified Tour this year by 26 percent from $14,500 to $10,700.

I think if the reporter used something like "first place winnings" or "first place purse" instead of "purse", you wouldn't have a problem with that story. Sound reasonable?

But that was a great article from Marc Allard and the Norwich Bulletin, as they usually are.

But go ahead and point out all the inaccuracies and why they are wrong and what is correct.

ShawnCourchesne
07-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Off of your remarks responding to Rene Dupris's point about the growing disparity between the haves and have nots on the Tour you took a shot

at the VMRS as to one looking for an identity again't a series that is backed by the brand name NASCAR. INCREDIBLE !!! They have "no names" (your words)

When did I say VMRS has "no names". The whole show is archived online, there's a replay for the whole world to listen to. So UticaMike, at exactly what time during that show did I say that the VMRS has "no names" as you quoted me as saying exactly.

If you're going to start a thread for the sole purpose of bashing me by name about something I said at least get your facts straight and don't just make up stuff out of thin air that I never really said.

Acadia
07-03-2012, 02:07 PM
And before you respond, read this carefully:

“The last time I went to school, $4,000 off of $14,500 is not 17 percent; it’s a lot more than 17 percent. None of our other tracks have dropped 17 percent of the purse. If they do, we’re really, really in trouble,” Christopher said.

Read more: Whelen Modified Tour looks troubled - Norwich, CT - The Bulletin http://www.norwichbulletin.com/carousel/x2102586143/Whelen-Modified-Tour-looks-troubled#ixzz1zaGjs8JQ

Be careful about playing that game.

MXCHAMP04
07-03-2012, 09:19 PM

at the VMRS as to one looking for an identity again't a series that is backed by the brand name NASCAR. INCREDIBLE !!! They have "no names"

(your words) and when Whelen guys show up at their race they dominate (again your words). These 4 guys have won the first 5 races on the VMRS

April 1st Waterford SpeedBowl Waterford, CT Jon McKennedy
April 21st Monadnock Speedway Winchester, NH Jon McKennedy
May 20th Thompson Speedway Thompson, CT Rowan Pennink
June 9th Seekonk Speedway Seekonk, MA Louie Mechalides
June 29th Lee USA Speedway Lee, NH Les Hinckley

Dominate? Huh??

At the recent Open race at Star a ROC regular schooled some of the "names" on the Tour. Give me a break already.

You got your butt handed to you on the show tonight but when your in a hole it's better at some point to stop digging.

Listen to those voices all around you.Just someone looking to get their name associated with the the "upper echelon" of modified racing. I.E. Nascar. Yeah right. IMO theyre both great but for different reasons.

shep 06
07-04-2012, 05:45 AM
This site used to be a good place to get info about the mods.Now it is used by a certain few to bash each other.You people say you love modified racing.You sound like a bunch of children.It is getting very old.

RacnJason00
07-04-2012, 09:53 AM
This site used to be a good place to get info about the mods.Now it is used by a certain few to bash each other.You people say you love modified racing.You sound like a bunch of children.It is getting very old.

Amen Shep!!

RGeeProductions
07-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Please take your comments to Shawn's webpage.