PDA

View Full Version : thompson speedway

csg
07-06-2012, 02:29 PM
If you are not aware of the issues with Thompson's weekly shows, they are numerous. The once great race track is suffering from low car counts, on track/off track officiating issues, and competitor fighting. The biggest issue is car count. Not enough cars in 4 of the 6 weekly divisions including the headline Sunoco modified division which has been getting 10 to 12 cars for most shows. On a big track like Thompson, car counts in the single digits or near single digits doesnt look good.

I was talking to someone at Thompson last night, stated quite simply why doesnt a back marker at Stafford or Waterford come here drive around the back and collect an 10th place check. Heck you can start and park and get a check for top 15 which is what many of the light modified drivers have been doing. I know Thompson's rules got away from the Stafford/Waterford mod rules but they would allow any area sk to run with the Thompson sunoco mods. They might not be able to contend for the win, but you could certainly get a top 10 and a top 5 is not out of the question. He said, Stafford speedway would not allow any cars that went to Thompson collect Stafford points towards their championship. I want to know if anyone knows if this statement is true or not. If it is true, how can stafford do this when 4 of their stars(TC, Woody, Rocco, and Preece) run Thompson weekly and have done so the entire year. Both Thompson and Stafford are Nascar sanctioned tracks and their drivers are competing for a national championship in which your odds of placing well increase with running multiple Nascar sanctioned tracks. So I am thinking, that what was said to me can not be accurate, but then I am left with my original question. Why doesnt anybody from Waterford or Stafford show up for a guaranteed 10th place finish?