PDA

View Full Version : 07/10/12 - Mahoning Valley Speedway welcomes Pete Knappenberger to staff line-up

RGeeProductions
07-11-2012, 12:59 AM
Mahoning Valley Speedway promoter Floyd Santee is pleased to announce that popular motorsports radio personality and race track announcer Pete Knappenberger has joined the staff of his paved quarter mile oval in Lehighton.

Starting this Saturday night, July 14, Knappenberger will join forces with Dino Oberto in sharing duties behind the microphone. While Oberto will be calling all the on track action, Knappenberger will be amongst the crowd throughout the evening, interacting with the always enthusiastic Mahoning fans as well as doing Victory Lane interviews.

Knappenberger is best known for his weekly “Racers Roundtable” radio program which can be heard online at www.racersroundtable.com Over the past seven years he has worked as co-announcer at the Grandview Speedway as well as having stints at Big Diamond Speedway.

When it was learned that he was stepping away from Grandview, Santee acted quickly to offer him a position and bring his talents to the world of short track pavement racing after a lifelong run on dirt.

“It didn’t take me long to make the decision. Ever since I visited Mahoning last year for their 100 lap Modified race I was hooked,” said Knappenberger, who hails from Mertztown.

“I will have to get used to new names and different surroundings but I am so excited for this opportunity and I want to thank Floyd Santee and the entire promotional team at the track for this chance to announce there.”

Knappenberger and Oberto have worked together over the past three years via the radio show.

“I’m well aware of Pete’s exciting work from Grandview and he is very committed to coming onboard with us at Mahoning Valley,” said Oberto. “His antics with the fans there where great and it will be a blast to give the Mahoning gang a taste of his unique skills. I feel that our great weekly program just got that much better with the addition of Pete.”

Along with Knappenberger coming to assist the announcing duties, he will also bring along several contingency sponsors.

Texas Roadhouse of Trexlertown, a huge part of his radio show, will give each feature winner a dinner for two. Brown Daub Ford in Nazareth will give away oil changes, Willow Street Pub in Coplay will have some promotions throughout the second half of the season and RacersRoundtable.com will give away t-shirts on a weekly basis.

This coming Saturday night, Mahoning Valley present the George Ramos, Jr., Memorial for Late Models which will be a 50-lap event paying $1000 to win and $125 to take the green. The Modifieds will be running a pair of features with the make-up 35-lap main from last weekend as well as the regular scheduled race. Dirt Mods, Street Stocks and 4-Cylinder Stocks will also be on the card plus there will be a Car Cruise during intermission.

Adult general admission will be $12. $2.00 off admission price for students, seniors 65 + and active Military. Children 10 and under are free. Gates open at 4:00 p.m. and racing starts at 6:00 p.m.

Additional news can be found on the track’s website at www.mahoningvalley-speedway.com You can also follow track happenings on FACEBOOK.

Mahoning Valley Speedway is located on PA route 443, two miles west of Lehighton. Race day call 570-386-4900 for latest info on events, starting times and weather.

Dino Oberto