PDA

View Full Version : Stefanik Wins Loudon by .003 seconds

Magicshoes12
07-14-2012, 02:27 PM
For everyone that complained I hope you were there that was one of the best finishes I've ever seen! Half time break was nice to get in the shade for 5 minutes and the racing was awesome after that. Great job Steffy!

chrome horn
07-14-2012, 03:01 PM
Magicshoes, could not have said better myself. Great day of racing

SLeeper
07-14-2012, 03:11 PM
Sounded exciting. Too bad NASCAR is afraid that mod tv coverage wil overshadow the Sprint Cup races

SLeeper
07-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Denise did a great job communicating the action.

uticamike
07-14-2012, 04:52 PM
Denise did a great job communicating the action.

Does anybody know why the pace car was crawling around the first lap after the break for 1 lap and then ran a normal speed?

( I have an idea but I'm not going to express it)

RGeeProductions
07-14-2012, 05:06 PM
Knew there would be some kind of issue....
Gee, gear rule and Silk goes almost a 1/2 second faster than Newman's pole of this race last year and the whole field had similar times as last years!!!
Half time break and???? Big deal! It all worked out GREAT!
Talking with someone who was listening to Dillner live on home tracks, he said Dillner mentioned they may be televising the 2nd Loudon race. Anyone hear this also????
And congrats to Mike and the whole #66 team!!! Nice job!!!

kja819
07-14-2012, 06:25 PM
Yes Denise did do a great job as does everyone on TCH. Congrats to Mike and the entire team. The live update is all I have seeing a I moved to FLA. A race like this makes me miss the Northeast in the summer.....well ok maybe not...this is FLA you know..... But thanks again I hope the stands were full and I hope they emptied out before the Bush race....That's the best way to say to whom every your mad at this week what you like to see for racing....

chrome horn
07-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Utica, I'm going to say to organize the field without clicking off a lap and messing up the scoring system

Modtour4
07-15-2012, 12:23 PM
Knew there would be some kind of issue....
Gee, gear rule and Silk goes almost a 1/2 second faster than Newman's pole of this race last year and the whole field had similar times as last years!!!
Half time break and???? Big deal! It all worked out GREAT!
Talking with someone who was listening to Dillner live on home tracks, he said Dillner mentioned they may be televising the 2nd Loudon race. Anyone hear this also????
And congrats to Mike and the whole #66 team!!! Nice job!!!

Yes, Dillner said that the 2nd race was going to be televised on SPEED.

Russ

limodmaniac
07-15-2012, 01:56 PM
What happened to the live feed of yesterday's race that was broadcast at Loudon? I am sure they will use clips of that for Speed. Why not just show the whole race? Might be the highest ratings ever if they promote it right!

Revscott
07-15-2012, 02:16 PM
For all those who didnt want to go to Loudon. You missed the best race in a long time plus this. I know Mr Dupont will be laughing all day

bud
07-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Come on it wasnt that good....lol. how many passes for the lead if u take out th 6&66. If Silk didnt get a bad set of tires during the break you could have spent the entire race under the grandstands....lol. So anyone know why Teddy looked like he was in the 38 and not the 36? Plug wires again?

NWMT PR
07-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Come on it wasnt that good....lol. how many passes for the lead if u take out th 6&66. If Silk didnt get a bad set of tires during the break you could have spent the entire race under the grandstands....lol. So anyone know why Teddy looked like he was in the 38 and not the 36? Plug wires again?

Typical bud for ya ... Tied for most lead changes in a race since 2006 and he complains that it only involved two drivers.

As to the question from uticamike ... I wasn't there (unfortunately), so I cannot say for sure, but an educated guess would be exactly what Mr. Lawlor speculated. When they roll off following a break, the caution car is typically told to "drag your feet" while the lineup gets straightened out.

chrome horn
07-15-2012, 09:23 PM
I'm offended that the top 2 cars were the number of the beast (66&6)....just wanted to be perfect and complain about something....Revscott, the pumpkin ones were phenomenol!!!!!

HeavyHauler1957
07-16-2012, 11:44 AM
I thought the race was great. Plenty of passing back in the field also, not just the 6 and 66 for the lead. Just want to add the I drove from PA with 4 friends and sat in the stands with a group that had someone from South Carolina, 3 from Boston and 4 or 5 from New Jersey. I'd say that made the race a pretty good draw for fans from away.
Almost forgot...Robin Miller called the finish the #2 WOW of the weekend and showed a short clip of the finish

Linda
07-17-2012, 08:57 AM
So anyone know why Teddy looked like he was in the 38 and not the 36? Plug wires again?

Not nice Bud :( ...didn't have to poke fun of our low buck team! If you weren't at NHMS than you didn't see that there were slower cars than us!

Also, congrats to Mike Stefanik and team for an awesome finish!

DaveMc
07-17-2012, 09:42 PM
I wish I had a back row seat on Saturday, I would have filmed the whole race. Instead all I have is this, and there are a lot of heads in the way:
http://youtu.be/hyYnd1NJzxM

Best race of the weekend by far.

Moa57
07-18-2012, 07:35 AM
Hey Dave, great job with the video, crystal clear, great quality.

jaFor
07-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Nice job! Thanks...

mod4r6fan
07-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Great footage Great race

Axel
07-19-2012, 08:00 AM
DaveMc -- great camera work! Sounds and looks like a great race!

DaveMc
07-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Thanks guys, I'm glad you liked it. Between what I've read here and on facebook, I wish I had filmed a bit more to get a few more highlights. It's just so hard to film there though because of the seating. I can walk into any local racetrack and get there early so I can secure myself a back row seat, but since the seats are reserved at Loudon I'm stuck in row 47 rather than row 50 so I can't just stand up the whole race.

On a side note, Loudon is the only place I've been where you have to stand up and sit down for every single restart, and every time someone's tire puffs out a tiny bit of smoke, or if someone gets slightly sideways. Annoys me so much. My Dad calls it, "The Redneck Dance". lol

Magicshoes12
07-20-2012, 07:58 AM
Thanks guys, I'm glad you liked it. Between what I've read here and on facebook, I wish I had filmed a bit more to get a few more highlights. It's just so hard to film there though because of the seating. I can walk into any local racetrack and get there early so I can secure myself a back row seat, but since the seats are reserved at Loudon I'm stuck in row 47 rather than row 50 so I can't just stand up the whole race.

On a side note, Loudon is the only place I've been where you have to stand up and sit down for every single restart, and every time someone's tire puffs out a tiny bit of smoke, or if someone gets slightly sideways. Annoys me so much. My Dad calls it, "The Redneck Dance". lol

"Redneck Dance" Now thats funny!! LOL....But the Standing Up and Sitting down doesn't bother me, I think it's great...those regular cup fans aren't use to seeing that kind of excitement at every corner with the margin of victory being .003 seconds and having the top 5 or 6 within two tenths of each other is worth standing up for, compared to the cup margin of victory of 2.738 and worth laying in the pool listening to it on the radio! LOL