PDA

View Full Version : Todays race

glassmanjtf
07-15-2012, 09:19 PM
Thanks to the dead car rule witch was only applied to me and a couple others that WERENT MOVED LIKE A HALF DOZEN that were, my car is probably totaled. Great way to keep up the car counts !! This race was a joke sat in the car for 45 mins before even moving on to that pathetic track. Same jerks hitting everyone EVERY RACE, nothings ever gonna change, so i'll end this here.

Philter39
07-15-2012, 10:59 PM
I saw 1 car moved. It was blocking the track. Can you tell us the 6 cars that were moved? Bend the frame back out cut it were it is bent pull it out and weld plates in were the gap opens up. Sorry your car got bent.What happened to it to make it stop on the track phil

glassmanjtf
07-15-2012, 11:03 PM
Well if you saw one moved they should move more, I'M done thousands of dollars gone in an instant.

Erin C
07-16-2012, 07:20 AM
I want to know which cars were moved.

KennyWallace81
07-16-2012, 09:29 AM
I'm not sure how anyone could complain about the track yesterday. When they posted the results at the pit shack for the 4 cyl. race, it was listed on the bottom of the page that the fast lap was about 188 mph or so by the XXX car. Very impressive!!

BTW - I would have been happy to take the track that the big cars ran on instead of our last 40 lap slopfest that mother nature threw at us. I thought the big cars were fast early and fast the whole race.

I guess that's the beauty of enduro racing, you never know what you are going to deal with. Thanks to the NEETS crew for putting such a long day so we could get it all in.

Erin C
07-16-2012, 09:54 AM
hahaha...he was fast wasn't he? He hit the loop twice and it doesn't change it when I delete a lap unless I go through and delete the exact time that he did it...

Thank you for your patience yesterday in dealing with good ol' Ma' Nature and the power outage...that must have been the longest wait ever to finish the last 43 laps of the race...I am so glad we got everything in.

CJfilms
07-16-2012, 07:18 PM
Two cars were officially moved during red flags in the big car race.

#8 was effectively blocking the pit entrance....the tow truck tried to push it into the pits, but had no traction to do so...therefore he was pushed backwards...
#26 was positioned in the middle racing groove as the #44 was in the lower groove...both cars positioned the way they were blocked all but the high groove....the #26 was moved because if any car tried to pit and blocked the high groove, there would have been an even bigger wreck/mess of cars right at the pit entrance.

glassmanjtf
07-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Just curious dont all neets officials have the same shirts and logos ? I was confused at turn 3n4 I thought it was a driver from the small car race.

glassmanjtf
07-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Must be an electrical issue. 37 just died and had to park it

glassmanjtf
07-16-2012, 07:47 PM
But it's okay to cause a big wreck in turns 3 and 4 with NO REAL NEETS OFFICIAL THERE ?

CJfilms
07-16-2012, 07:53 PM
During the LONG power outage, several Small Car drivers noted that we needed a flagger down between turns 3 & 4. Robby Dunn, Small Car driver #51R offered to flag the corner if we had extra flags and a radio.....being short two people that day, and also he was out of the race, I let him flag. Yeah, he did not have official's attire, but then again, he is not an official, he was just volunteering.

Best part was he got to officially throw the black flag at his father Scott when he got a flat!

Joe, no one can understand what you're third post is supposed to mean....please think about what you want to say here before you post. I understand you had a bad day, but please don't come on the forums to bash the series. There is no reason for it. A lot of other people have lost cars due to them being left on the track...that is the nature of the sport. It's written in the rules and every driver has read the rules, understands the game and has even signed a waiver stating that they understand the rules.

glassmanjtf
07-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Thats the problem, Joe lets keep the cars so we can race! Not bashing anyone but save a car and the car count goes up !!!! Then we could have 75 cars. JUST SAYIN

Poppop
07-16-2012, 08:08 PM
Sorry I had to miss all that fun, It would have been a real challenge getting around.

Poppop

glassmanjtf
07-16-2012, 08:17 PM
We miss ya in the pits pop!

Erin C
07-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Poppop!! We miss you! What part of Florida are you in? If we ever get a vacation I would love to see you.

Poppop
07-17-2012, 05:32 AM
We now are residents of Deltona Fl. It's right off of I4 between Orlando and Daytona. A half hour from the Atlantic and a half hour from the Magic Kingdom. It's also about the same distance from Volusia County Speedway but they are running a limited schedule this season. A little longer ride will get you to East Bay Speedway in the Tampa area. They had a 4 cyl late model class there a few years ago which I just might have to try.

Poppop

glassmanjtf
07-17-2012, 11:43 AM
I want to apoligize for my short temper I think alof you at neets do a great job. I was upset how mangled my car got. Sorry ,I hope there is no hard feelings.

ThePill
07-17-2012, 03:55 PM
I want to apoligize for my short temper I think alof you at neets do a great job. I was upset how mangled my car got. Sorry ,I hope there is no hard feelings.

My best advice for anyone is that when the day goes bad and you are upset, DO NOT POST anything anywhere for at least a day or two.

I think I did more pace laps than actual racing laps....

glassmanjtf
07-17-2012, 05:00 PM
Thanks Phil good advice, Everyone seems to be so nice I don't want enemies just more friends !

glassmanjtf
07-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Let us know Pop Pop and why the hell are you up so early in the morning? !!:wave:

greenflag
07-17-2012, 09:19 PM
Definitely miss seeing car 47 up here on the hill, pop pop.

Travisg25
07-17-2012, 09:36 PM
This is something i dont understand about some drivers in this series. It is an ENDURO race. ever since the start they have left dead cars out on the track. My dad raced at Flemington for about 20 years in the enduro class and he went thourgh a good 5 or 6 cars. its the price you have to be willing to pay to run. Also along with the dead cars being left on the track he said they woulput the tractor tires out on the track to create more opsticals. I drive the 25T and just take a look at my car the next race. nothing pretty about it. Last year i ran straight into a dead car crushed my front end and not it that was enough my quarter panel got smashed just like yours is. we went up, pulled that ***** straight and went racing again. oh yeah did i mention that was the race after i ran into the wall head on. Dead cars is a part of the enduros. take a look at this video from flemington and tell me how many dead cars were moved. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpeY6ZWXq_g

CJfilms
07-17-2012, 09:40 PM
Count how many NEETS drivers you can recognize in the video!!! I saw Uncle Petey!!!

Travisg25
07-17-2012, 09:40 PM
And just know im not trying to be a smart ass. i understand why youd be upset about the rule but its just a part of enduros

Travisg25
07-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Heres another one....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnDI9s_ogEI

i noticed timmy and wolfy in this one

madbutcher666
07-17-2012, 09:48 PM
The big bumble bee #103 is me. :) (the first vid)

CJfilms
07-17-2012, 09:57 PM
One big thing to point out in these videos.....the cost of racing, safety gear and parts were CHEAP back then....hence the high car counts. But, if we can start getting 75 cars per division each race...we could bring these times back....it's not that far off......

tbirdracer
07-18-2012, 10:14 AM
I was the 169 and my father was the 143. I flipped in that race! ooppps