PDA

View Full Version : Tell them how you feel.

DaFingz
07-19-2012, 10:18 AM
There is an overwhelming feeling of contempt for the route that the Whelen Modified Tour is heading. Whether it be about gear rules, TV coverage, spec motors, or race purses it seems most people here are discouraged by one or more things. Pissing and moaning on a modified racing forum and getting into verbal spats via message board with other fans of the same series does nothing to improve the quality of the series itself. If you want to express your concerns and/or criticisms toward the Mod Tour express it where it matters. I am not suggesting that NASCAR is going to read a dozen complaint emails from Tour fans and scrap the Spec Motor, but if they recieve enough negative feedback from the fans who buy the tickets to their shows, they may start making some changes.

It is far more constructive to send a letter to NASCAR saying:

"If the Tour keeps heading in this direction then I'm afraid I may not be able to support it, or my local short tracks in the future."

Rather than logging on to a web board and saying:

"I ain't going to the Loudon race cuz it has a halfway break."

With that being said, here is the fan feedback email address for NASCAR: fanfeedback@nascar.com

And if you want to see more Whelen Modified Tour races televised then tell SPEED how you feel about that as well: http://www.speedtv.com/feedback/

REMEMBER You will always recieve better feedback and will be taken more seriously with a well thought and well written letter rather than a porfanity laced rant. Maybe they'll read your letter, maybe they will put it in the circular file, but if enough people start making a fuss then maybe they will consider how the fans feel.

Rabbit504
07-19-2012, 10:59 AM
Thank you for the link to Nascar Fan.

I sent an E-Mail and got a automated response that they read every e-mail.

So send you well thought out E-mails.

Axel
07-23-2012, 11:23 AM
this is good to know. I have a letter in my drafts folder that I’ve been writing and working on for a number of weeks. I also plan on writing a hard copy letter to both addresses, the main offices and their public relations addresses. Their mailing addresses are:

NASCAR
1801 W. International Speed Blvd
Daytona Beach, FL, 32114
(386) 253-0611
(386) 253-8804

or
NASCAR Public Relations
PO Box 2875
Daytona Beach, FL 32120-2875
(386) 253-0611

JE711618
07-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Good deal, DaFingz and Axel. Thanks for the information.

DaFingz
07-24-2012, 03:26 PM
As Rabbit indicated in his earlier post; Don't expect much of a response. You can only hope that someone IS actually reading them. I didn't really expect much back from NASCAR but hopefully if enough people ask for more NWMT coverage from SPEED they may actually cover some more races.

NWMT PR
07-25-2012, 05:22 PM
this is good to know. I have a letter in my drafts folder that I’ve been writing and working on for a number of weeks. I also plan on writing a hard copy letter to both addresses, the main offices and their public relations addresses. Their mailing addresses are:

NASCAR
1801 W. International Speed Blvd
Daytona Beach, FL, 32114
(386) 253-0611
(386) 253-8804

or
NASCAR Public Relations
PO Box 2875
Daytona Beach, FL 32120-2875
(386) 253-0611

The updated address is:

One Daytona Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114

I'll offer this piece of advice though, if you're going to write to NASCAR about wanting more Modified races on TV, you're preaching to the choir. Trust me, and I can't say this enough times or with enough emphasis, this is a priority for us. It has been for as long as I've been with the company. The fact remains, it is the networks that need the feedback. It is on our radar, we know the desire for more coverage. It is certainly our desire as well, and we're doing what we can on our end, but getting races on TV is ultimately a decision made by the networks. Your feedback is better served to be directed to them.

actuary316
07-26-2012, 10:33 AM
To NWMT PR:

Everyone's ultimate goal is to see as much modified racing on television. However, in this day and age, with all the technology and devices that are available, why can't the tour races be streamed on the internet? I understand about wanting to protect the gate for the tracks, so why not make the races available on some sort of delay or even throw the races on iTunes and charge a few bucks to watch it? I would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

NWMT PR
07-26-2012, 01:30 PM
To NWMT PR:

Everyone's ultimate goal is to see as much modified racing on television. However, in this day and age, with all the technology and devices that are available, why can't the tour races be streamed on the internet? I understand about wanting to protect the gate for the tracks, so why not make the races available on some sort of delay or even throw the races on iTunes and charge a few bucks to watch it? I would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

All of that stuff is on the table. With NASCAR taking over its digital rights for 2013, some of those roadblocks will be removed. However, also realize that 2013 will be the first year that the digital domain will be in-house, and all of the challenges that go along with that, so I wouldn't expect too much in Year 1. There has certainly been some work done on our end in recent seasons to get more content online, the most notable result of that being the NASCAR Home Tracks Speed 51 Radio.