PDA

View Full Version : Transponder Question??

Easy E
07-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Why is this year open to video's to get the finish if the transponders don't work right??
In past years it's been... to bad, so sad... The transponder is your responsibility if it stops working, it's on you. This is what I've been told for two years know. Why are we changing?? If you can change that, then I would say you can change other rules?? Just some facts Shawn Naftzinger WON TWO RACES in 2010 and was given 2nd place because of transponder.... It might have cost him that championship?? While the video's clearly show him killing both of those races!(FACT) 2011 There was 1 race that was posted.. Were not using transponders last year.. I won that race and video confirm's it Tim Pauch was 1 lap down untill 10 to go.. he got his lap back and no more.... but he still got the victory. I'm only saying it seems like there's some favorites in this series. I don't think it's right.... I also went though the same thing Bob Wink is and it sucks but... roll with the punch's.

KennyWallace81
07-23-2012, 02:15 PM
I applaud NEETS for making the extra effort and making sure the finishing order is correct when there are issues. I think it is part of their improving their product and making the racing as fair as possible.
I want to be credited with what I earn on the track. Nothing more or nothing less. In the case of our last 4 cyl. race, the power went out a couple of times and someone I passed 4 or so times was placed ahead of me. Certainly in this case where the issue was with the track/NEETS/equipment and not with the individual transponders in the cars, the results should be verified.

Erin C
07-23-2012, 02:25 PM
Hi Chuck,

Great question. We only review if there is a major issue (like the power going out in the small car race) or if a driver does the research and gets us the info needed...like a lawyer defending his case. In the case of the 312 he got his mylaps printouts and showed us the exact laps he did not pick up and it was VERY CLEAR on the video that those laps he did not miss the loop (ie run up into the infield passed the loop). If he were in the infield at all it would have been "too bad, so sad...we can't help you if you missed the wire", however he went out of his way to get all the info he needed to prove his case.

The driver is responsible for their own transponder, if they have undeniable evidence that they missed the loop then we give them the respect to look at their findings and make a decision based on that.

We will not research every single drivers position just because they said it was wrong...we will not go out of our way to get the proof they need to provide us just because they said its wrong...everything must be provided to us unless, like I said earlier, it is an uncontrollable situation like the power going out two times during the small car race.

This is much like Joe's attitude...when building your car, or repairing your car, do not assume anything (that is not already covered in the rule book) is legal unless you can prove to us that it is...you weren't at the rules meeting in January but this was what was discussed...there hasn't been a "rule change" and we aren't going to ignore people who prove to us that WE (or the computer ;p ) were wrong...

I hope that answers your question thoroughly :)

PS - it has to be in a timely fashion...

Easy E
07-23-2012, 04:33 PM
Who videoed the race?? Silverman wasn't there. Did dave video?? Bob Winks Transponder stopped working on lap 57. So I would like to see the other 93 laps myself. And I hope you do this for everyone... If there is a problem with someones transponder. Not so much power outage, because everyone else's worked... even with the power outage. I was out the whole race didn't pit and had a camera on my roof.. I don't know if it worked the whole race but it might help. Thanks Neets for the extra time.

glassmanjtf
07-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Don't get worked up Chuck it won't help trust me !!

glassmanjtf
07-23-2012, 07:11 PM
Your one of my favotites !!! :wave:

CAPTAIN
07-23-2012, 11:14 PM
I was told that my laps was final, we were no longer hand scoring. Erin stated that a driver must prove his case. So how is it that wink made it in the top five??? He completed 57 laps, according to my laps which is suppost to be final. He was 93 laps down, according to my laps, which is suppost to be final. How does wink get off the track go to tech with no proof to prove his case??? He was listed in 20th place. Thats not even close to top five!!! Erin & joe, please let us know how you are going to handle this situation. Your transponder is part of your car if it doesnt work, then don't cry to anyone!!!

rockinrick120
07-24-2012, 02:18 AM
so let me get this straight, you could be leading the race for 50 laps the announcer is giving all the postions as he calls the race and with 10 laps to go ur transponder dies and its oh well to bad. bull.... I would never want antone to lose (or win for that matter) that way. i have never won, have been close but wouldn't take one that way b/c i know i didnt really win.Had the same transponder crap happen at NEgypt(not neets enduro) and it is bs when u lap people 4 times and they get 5th.that time mylaps was never posted we were told where we were,turns out lightning hit the system and fried part of it and they point blank lost track.Try to get it right to best of ability within reason.Captain ,hoping to get back out racing with you! Concentrating on my son in 4 cylinders right now. Rick

69racing
07-24-2012, 05:29 AM
Is the results up on mylaps.com. I couldnt find it.

Erin C
07-24-2012, 07:40 AM
Hey Captain, when I see someone's transponder is not functioning AT ALL I make it a point to keep track of their laps...I have done it for you in the past as well and have told you about it...that's why Joe was checking your hole at the last race to make sure that the mounting was right...its the right thing to do when something is obviously wrong...

If it is that big of a deal I can stop doing it totally and take a "Not my problem" attitude...but I think we set ourselves apart by giving everyone the respect they deserve, or at least attempting to...it's basically a damned if we do damned if we don't situation. If we do it, it's favoritism, if we don't, then we are no different from any other track who doesn't care...it's very stressful to do what you think is right only to have it blow up in your face.

CAPTAIN
07-24-2012, 09:51 AM
I am not trying too piss anyone off, i am trying to get an answer. Are you going to review video after every race & change finishing orders. Is so, do not pay anyone til the next race. Winks transponder cut out. What happeneds if you get 10 other cars tht cut out at the same time??? Who's going to score for them??? Someones gonna get the shaft on that deal. I was told no more hand scoring & transponders only. I know you & joe are trying to be fair with everyone, that your nature, & i respect that, but there comes a time when too much good is also bad. All im saying is after every race something has been changed. If you & joe came to me after a race & told me i finished in the back because my transponder did not pick up i would be pissed off but i would except it & move on. Thats my fault if the transponder did not work. Im saying pick what your doing & stick to it.

rustyboltz6
07-24-2012, 10:07 AM
"that's why Joe was checking your hole at the last race...." Nice!!!! :drool:

Everybody has an opinion on this topic and it can be discussed until dooms day!! Might be good insurance for all parties to "back-up" the transponder information with some good "old school" manual scoring info???? Doesn't need to be mandatory, but for the guys battling for points, and it is close again, make it an option for those that might want to have a back-up plan?!?!?! It might also take some of the stress off of Erin & Cindy??? :cool:

CAPTAIN
07-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Joe owes me a dinner for that. Checkin out my hole aint free!!! Hey shawn, he didn't even use gloves!!!!

rustyboltz6
07-24-2012, 10:12 AM
Eeewwwwwww!!!!!!!!

Erin C
07-24-2012, 10:16 AM
Captain, you didn't piss me off at all...I was just trying to get my point out there, hence why I threw in the joke Shawn found to lighten the mood lol.

We will not review every single race, if an adjustment HAS to be made because a case is explicitly proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, the adjustment is made to the points and the points alone...this was only done once at Grandview this year...

This will be clearly written in next years set of rules so there is no question on how we are/will be handling things that way there will be no arguing (or at least there will be no need for it, because it will always happen)

Erin C
07-24-2012, 10:17 AM
Joe owes me a dinner for that. Checkin out my hole aint free!!! Hey shawn, he didn't even use gloves!!!!

You should have told him no glove no love...

CJfilms
07-24-2012, 10:35 AM
No glove let's you taste the love!

Like Erin said, we're not going to review every race video. There were only three instances in the past two years that we had to video review....

The first race last year when the transponders didn't work and I hand-scored the entire race.
The first race this year when Drew Ott's transponder missed three laps early on in the 150-lapper and he provided his request in writing, provided us with his individual transponder print-outs and even offered up his own video of the race. (We used our own DVD though...but the review also reflected another driver losing a single lap...but it didn't affect his finishing position.)
And finally this past event where we lost power in the middle of the Small Car race....the big car race is simply a protest and (fairly enough) we'll do a review, but it may or may not even change anything...

As always, I want to remind everyone.... When we say we are reviewing/looking into something etc...it basically means that NOTHING HAS CHANGED. A lot of people jump the gun and protest the protest because it may adversely affect their finish....this is not always the case as when we review a race, we'll double check ALL drivers and sometimes you may benefit a review! Just remember a review is not always a bad thing.....

rk1714
07-25-2012, 10:33 PM
Chuck , funny you should say anything ! You were in the pits THREE different times. I said no way should you be in tech. but then I realized There were no other cars running. Another 50 laps and you may have pulled off a win !

CAPTAIN
07-25-2012, 11:06 PM
I was in the pits three times & finished 2nd, you don't need to worry about me, if you worried about your road runner as much as you worry about me, than maybe you'd see victory lane!!!

rk1714
07-26-2012, 08:31 PM
If you were at Big D lately you would know Kyle will win soon. When you did all the bragging about blowin away the roadrunners wiyh your enduro car......NOT EVEN CLOSE. all said Im done with this !

Maddawg
07-26-2012, 09:45 PM
I do have a video of the whole race, taken from turns 3-4, and have asked for a review "protest"
Joe and Erin also have another video they are reviewing. I WON that race hands down, my laps says 4th, NEETS says 5th as of now,
and Captain, I dont give a **** what you say or think !!!!!!
The point is --- why should some stupid thing like a transponder take away what we really earned !! thats why Drew and I asked for the reviews !!
Remember, mylaps also has me as 31st on the first lap,and someone posted a picture of me leading and the safety trucks pulling off the track , so we know thats wrong.
What I believe happened was when Erin, Cindy realized my transponder crapped out I was already lapping cars. and when they passed me it Wasn't for position it was to get their lap "back", now to pass me for position they have to come all the way around ,pass again for position !!!!!!! and that Did Not Happen. Enough said,
Waiting for review..
Maddawg

CAPTAIN
07-26-2012, 11:04 PM
Why is it when you get on here and cry we all are suppost to respect what you say???? Who are you??? I came on here last year to try to right some of the wrongs, and you bashed me. Now you come on here with this holier than thou attitude and we are suppost to respect what you have to say. Your the cry baby that want his 10 extra points just because you showed up early on a rained out event. No other series just give away point like that. Dude, do you really want to try to win a championship that way??? Just because you showed up early??? I know you are running for a championship, i did not come on here to single you out on this particular topic, but you were the center of the topic. We are looking for what is fair & what is right, but we want it with consistancy. I was told that the transponder system was final. That means you come off the track check the print out and thats what you got. Now i know there are inconsistancys i have had them on me, we all have had it at one time or another. I was leading the second race but the transponder system had me in 29th place. I didnt cry about it because i was told that was final, now, out of the blue, we are aloud to review video, then why even have the transponder system is final rule. We are trying to figure this all out as fairly as possible. We just want what we were told to hold some weight. Don't tell us transponder system is final, but bob wink and drew ott want to protest, so that alright. That's not alright. That is 100 percent wrong. We were told it was final. Just like almost 17 is not 17. Eckert brought up some good points about naftzinger, shawn possible won a championship, but it was stripped away by inconsistancys. We want it fair, & we want it right. I know you said you didn't care what i have to say, but i know your at home waiting to see my responce, so that means you care!!! Don't think we will be holding hands anytime soon. That's it!!!

Erin C
07-27-2012, 07:37 AM
Alright guys...I am closing this thread, end of discussion. We reviewed the small car video last night because of the two power outages. The big car race was not on this DVD as we originally thought. Wink, I knew yours didn't work on the very first lap...we scored you from lap one on and I told you that in the pits. I DID take a lap away from you when you tried to move the 37 off the track under red when he was already out of his car since the previous red...that's where the missing lap is so it doesn't matter what the DVD shows anyways, I took a lap away.

Small car corrected finish will be up sometime next week, we are taking our first "days off" in months this weekend if all goes as planned and preparing for a family funeral early next week...