PDA

View Full Version : Christopher in "Ole Blue"

Magicshoes12
08-06-2012, 01:14 PM
According to the entry list Ted Christopher is in the 3 car!

bud
08-07-2012, 04:02 AM
Greatest of all time!

Is it me or is it quiet here now....lol
Careful what u ask for...

Btw VMRS 34 @ Thompson WMT 25 maybe...lol.

Magicshoes12
08-07-2012, 07:06 AM
Greatest of all time!

It is quiet, what happened to the bear?? LOL...I'm kind of surprised no one is talking about Coby winning the 150 with never pitting!!

TMAC
08-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Looking forward to seeing TC park it in victory lane...i think its pretty cool he gets to drive OLE BLUE

uticamike
08-07-2012, 08:29 PM
Greatest of all time!

Maybe Bud the faithful have followed Courchesne's advise and have gone elsewhere to race or are staying home.

2 days out from the WMT race at Tommy and all we got is Teddy in the 3. Looks like the Waterford Speedrome News lately or

Rocco's Rag. (wink)

Goldy
08-14-2012, 12:51 PM
When I saw this pairing here’s what came to mind:
I wondered if Lenny would approve? No matter, TC’s a wheelman, the best of his breed, I’d call him to to drive my car.. so a good call and an interesting one at that.

The 3 car is one of a kind, so is Ted – it’s a throwback machine, in that its home built and totally unique (I love that about ole’ blue).. so is Ted – face it, not many guys, no matter the age – climb into anything on wheels and drive it like it was stolen.. Ted going out and turning fast laps at Thompson in that car should have surprised no one.. and I wonder how motivated he was to perform better than his “student”, Mr. Kid Rock.. which reminds me…… how much I hate nicknames, and no disrespect to Mike, but “Steffy” has to be the worst.. moving on..

I’m going to hitchhike this thread a bit to throw out some random thought.. kinda been bugging for a while..

We’ve had 2 tour races in the last couple weeks – some quality races as far as I can tell, but damned if I can get that from a Nascar press release or a picture or live updates or…. Polly’s reporting; maybe a little more flavor and opinion from Shawn’s RaceDay site, but I’m not signing up on facebook anytime, ever, so I’m in read mode there (which is really disappointing btw Shawn!!!*&%#!) – again, no disrespect to anyone, but there’s something missing here – where is the discussion? Where is the opinion? Where are the random post race thoughts from this CH community? Used to be by the time folks got back from the track, people would be posting comments or at least the next day – “way to go so and so”, “bush league move by that guy on lap X”, “what a move by that car”… “the fries sucked, the beer was cold, great night for a race, the show ran smooth”.. something, anything??? But here we are, 5 days after Lia comes from a lap down to win, after a pretty rough year buy their standards – and nothing… Coby crunches the field at Stafford again and nobody’s got boo to say?? Has the membership here grown too paranoid to speak their minds or has everyone totally checked out? – is it that everybody just winds up complaining, thus we go into this downward spiral of negative dialog? I mean, this isn’t good… and btw – this is classified as an observation, not a complaint :)

I’m a proud member here and just raising my hand in class – am I the only one missing some good ole fashioned exchange of views and thoughts?.. especially after a couple races.. we’ve had nothing, absolutley nothing I say.. what the hell is going on?

Tell me that our appetite for good conversation has been dumbed down and migrated to one liner snippets in the Twitter-sphere – I swear I’ll just about shoot myself.. “I just ate a peach, shout out to CT farmers”…

End of rant – regards….
Goldy

Racer1_NC
08-14-2012, 01:57 PM
Tell me that our appetite for good conversation has been dumbed down and migrated to one liner snippets in the Twitter-sphere – I swear I’ll just about shoot myself.. “I just ate a peach, shout out to CT farmers”…

Lock and load......

Facebook / Twitter has killed more message boards and forums than any computer virus could. It sucks.....I hate it.....and I don't do Facebook....but that's the facts.

Mod Squad
08-14-2012, 05:01 PM
Goldy and Racer1,
I agree with you both wholeheartedly. I think several things are affecting the lack of participation in the forums.

1) Twitter and Facebook are pretty good resources for racing news, information, & rumors. They are easy to use on smart phones, the forums can be cumbersome for phone users. (Personally I refuse to get a Facebook account)

2) A lot of peeps come on here to "troll" or "lurk", they have opinions but refuse to post because they don't want to be blasted by the "know-it-alls".

3) There are a lot of people on this forum who have a lot to offer in the way of insight, experience or opinions. Some are right on, others, not so much. With that said, if you do come on and offer an opinion and goes against the grain of what the Kool-Ade drinkers are saying/thinking, that opinion is inevitably squashed or put down as nonsense. One rude comment leads to another, somebody's feelings get hurt and the forum police threaten everyone to knock it off or it will get shut down. Who needs the drama, after all it is just racing right?

4) Finally this is way out in left field but it's my opinion. Coverage in the world of the Modifieds (like any sport) can be slanted for or against certain drivers or teams. Of the five or six websites I go to to read articles, blog posts, race results or whatever, each site clearly has it's favorites and it's "drivers they love to hate". In some cases the coverage can paint one guy to be a villain or a hero depending on how much the person covering the race likes that driver. Some sites that is evident more than others. That in itself can turn people off.

Personally, I come to this site and check the forums as my time allows. Usually a couple times a day. I live in an area where there is no good racing whatsoever. Nevermind Modifieds. I stay in touch with what's going on because I have family and friends who are still involved directly with some Tour teams AND because I can get information on line. As far as the forums go, it's like everything else. You only get out of it what you put in to it. JMHO

Mod Squad
08-15-2012, 12:32 PM
Since we hjacked the thread to get back on topic, NASCAR PR posted on Twitter that TC will be in the BRE 3 at Bristol.

kja819
08-15-2012, 03:44 PM
I'm not a big TC fan but I think this pairing works for both seeing a Rocco is on the sidelines and TC is without a ride. Besides no matter what my opinion is about TC he can drive

modnorth
08-15-2012, 04:56 PM
Was curious how this combo would work first time out, but after T.C. qualified up front (3rd) at Thompson with the "big cars", I guess it proved two things. Number one: T.C. sure can drive (don't really think he had to prove it) and number two: I guess the BRE #3 is not as washed up as some seem to believe. Can't wait to see Rocco back, but in the meantime ... Good Luck to T.C. and BRE !!!

JE711618
08-15-2012, 05:49 PM
Speaking of TC in the 3.. What was the issue surrounding him getting placed at the back of the pack during the tour race at Thompson? I heard it was for rough driving, but nothing else..

And something a little off subject.. If the Tour keeps saying they want to cut costs then why did they schedule a Wednesday race at Bristol? Why not schedule it for Saturday afternoon? How many crew members, drivers, owners are forced to miss work and take food off the table to be a part of this sanctioned event. It's like Nascar is playing one huge game of Whack-A-Mole with their Mod Tour competitors.

SteveS
08-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Speaking of TC in the 3.. What was the issue surrounding him getting placed at the back of the pack during the tour race at Thompson? I heard it was for rough driving, but nothing else..

And something a little off subject.. If the Tour keeps saying they want to cut costs then why did they schedule a Wednesday race at Bristol? Why not schedule it for Saturday afternoon? How many crew members, drivers, owners are forced to miss work and take food off the table to be a part of this sanctioned event. It's like Nascar is playing one huge game of Whack-A-Mole with their Mod Tour competitors.

Commandment #11 "No other division shall race the same day as the Chosen Ones"

modnorth
08-15-2012, 08:15 PM

Was for over aggresive driving, T.C. slid up into and spun Bobby Santos III in turn 2.

JE711618
08-16-2012, 09:11 AM
"Commandment #11 "No other division shall race the same day as the Chosen Ones"
Lol! Nice SteveS! My opinion, it's just another way in their ongoing attempt to break the division.

"Was for over aggressive driving, T.C. slid up into and spun Bobby Santos III in turn 2."
Thanks for clearing that up, ModNorth, I appreciate it..

bud
08-16-2012, 09:38 AM
Greatest of all time. Id say more but dont want a spanking...lol

kja819
08-17-2012, 12:29 PM
Greatest of all time. Id say more but dont want a spanking...lol

No spanking but that is saying a lot. Yes he has won in a lot of different divisions and different cars. Richie who I think was the greatest won at a lot of different tracks won a lot of championships chasing points back in the day. Winning day in and day out at 5 or 6 different tracks every week. Well that battle will go on forever...and there are a few others that would come up in the mix I'm sure. one other thing if anyone thought "Ole Blue" was dead or dieing better look again. They have a good car and have had a good car right along not always the best drivers JMO....