PDA

View Full Version : Time trial shows

RACENUT
08-08-2012, 01:15 PM
The problem with time trials everyweek is that you have the same guys starting up front and the same guys winning also not much passing, makes for a boring show for the fans, nothing like watching a guy start in the back of the pack and work his way to the front.

mbgolfer
08-08-2012, 04:14 PM
The problem with time trials everyweek is that you have the same guys starting up front and the same guys winning also not much passing, makes for a boring show for the fans, nothing like watching a guy start in the back of the pack and work his way to the front.

Well they did handicapping for years, people complained about slow cars up front. Too many cautions, #2, time trials, same fast guys up front & winning, still alot of cautions. So, let's try pulling a starting spot out of a hat!!!!!!!! :confused:

TTOR
08-09-2012, 01:04 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I would like to see heat races on the nights when we have 20 or more cars. The heats work well for the legends. I'd like to see them in the Mods and Blunderbusts as well.

Teds Race Tours
08-09-2012, 10:12 PM
Well they did handicapping for years, people complained about slow cars up front. Too many cautions, #2, time trials, same fast guys up front & winning, still alot of cautions. So, let's try pulling a starting spot out of a hat!!!!!!!! :confused:

people didnt complain about slow cars up front. They complained about cars causing havoc. Big different between a car thats not as fast as someone, and someone who cant control their car. They SHOULD have just put the the BAD drivers in the back until they learned how to control their cars.

mbgolfer
08-10-2012, 04:37 PM
people didnt complain about slow cars up front. They complained about cars causing havoc. Big different between a car thats not as fast as someone, and someone who cant control their car. They SHOULD have just put the the BAD drivers in the back until they learned how to control their cars.

What ever, I was born at night, but not last nignt. I been around mods for 45 yrs. Slow cars up front cause havoc. Some of the fast cars have drivers that are out of control. So have them pick out of hat for starting spots, it's worth a try.:cool:

modified_fan
08-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Mods at Riverhead are always going to have havoc and lots of wrecked equipment.

The track is small. There is not much of an outside groove. (Perhaps a compound can be added as John White did to improve racing upstate.) Plus too many drivers simply do not want to give respect (i.e. room to those on the outside).

I am certain that if someone studied the races this season after the time trial rule was put in place, one would find that ...on the whole... there is less carnage.

Putting inexperienced drivers with fast cars, plus drivers with cars several tenths of a second slower up front has lended to many wreckfests.

If one wants to improve the competitiveness of the modified races, I think a wiser suggestion would be to double file restarts to the end.