PDA

View Full Version : Bad call

JH6868
08-13-2012, 12:07 AM
Hey Tooker, watch the video! The 66 was stopped ON THE TRACK bumpers locked with the 69. Still think you made a good call? The 66 should have gone to the back. Nobody could believe that call.

nflobster
08-13-2012, 07:13 AM
it all depends on how you look at it.....:confused:

Teds Race Tours
08-13-2012, 09:38 AM
i thought the call was consistent with other calls made this year. Thats all ya want.

Lugnuts
08-13-2012, 02:32 PM
The thing that needs to be looked at here is this: I believe this revolves around a restart that should have been yellow flagged and then started again. I believe John Fortin pushed the envelope and was ahead of Shawn in essence starting the restart. Shawn was holding back and by not getting up to speed caused a stack up behind him. Its my understanding that the leader is the one that sets the restart. They should have shown a caution and gotten right back to the restart on the next lap. In the event in happened again John Fortin in this case, should get sent to the rear for jumping the restart. I think the call made under the circumstances was the right one.

As far as bad calls, the only bad call that was made on Sat. was to have the car eating piece of $$$$ do its thing before the charger and late model features. The megasaurus could have eaten his car in the rain, besides I wasn't really impressed and it wasn't really worth the extra $5.00 bucks at the gate. They shuffled the deck, so to speak for the weather and got the mods in, they should have done the whole show first. The late models have a limited schedule as it is, they had the best car count of the year and they got screwed. (As Bob Finan said, the only one probably happy the rain came, was Roger Oxee) I understand the track likes to add family entertainment for the fans, however the true race fan that comes week in and week out doesn't really care about the extras. They want to see racing. They are the ones coming back week after week, not the family folks that come once or twice with the kids to see the extras. JMO

mbgolfer
08-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Lugnuts; are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nobandwagonhere
08-14-2012, 11:30 AM
Not sure about you, but Ive been coming to this track since I could walk. Its bad enough theres only 48 people in the stands.....so lets eliminate the kids and have 28 instead!? They put the mods out early so guys like you WOULDNT *****....and yet still...the tears roll on. Never happy. Im all about racing, thats #1, but its a family thing also. Think about what you say before you sound very selfish. JMO.

mbgolfer
08-14-2012, 05:56 PM
Not sure about you, but Ive been coming to this track since I could walk. Its bad enough theres only 48 people in the stands.....so lets eliminate the kids and have 28 instead!? They put the mods out early so guys like you WOULDNT *****....and yet still...the tears roll on. Never happy. Im all about racing, thats #1, but its a family thing also. Think about what you say before you sound very selfish. JMO.

Who are you repling to?

Lugnuts
08-14-2012, 10:07 PM
mbgolfer, you need to explain yourself. Only kidding about what? nobandwagonhere, I guess i am not the only one that feels things should have been done different. Go to the late model section and read Ken Alfanos post, seems as if he wasn't happy about the way the schedule was run either. Another note. A key figure in the late models, Roger Oxee, can't make the show this week due to family commitments based on the original schedule. I realize he got wrecked, however a change in timeframe may have made a difference, who knows.

On another note to maybe clarify what i wrote, i never said to not do the megasaurus, I said it could have been done in the rain like the demo was. I am sure the ones that wanted to see it would have stayed. I know the track is trying to do family entertainment in addition to the racing. You said it, attendance is down, way down, however they need to take in to consideration that the die hard fans are only going to keep coming for so long and then say it is no longer worth it. It seems as if that is already happening. I have been going to the races a long time. The gate price keeps getting higher and the show keeps getting smaller. (no heat races, except for legends, and lower car counts)

jeffrey
08-15-2012, 12:00 AM
My 4 year old son would like me to say thanks to the track for haven the megasaurus there.it is nothing like seeing the smile and joy and fun he had.he is still talking about it.now he gets to see what he loves the most the bus demo.he keeps on asking if we can bring one home.so from me and my son Alex.thank you.

Ka$h25
08-15-2012, 12:53 PM
mbgolfer, you need to explain yourself. Only kidding about what? nobandwagonhere, I guess i am not the only one that feels things should have been done different. Go to the late model section and read Ken Alfanos post, seems as if he wasn't happy about the way the schedule was run either. Another note. A key figure in the late models, Roger Oxee, can't make the show this week due to family commitments based on the original schedule. I realize he got wrecked, however a change in timeframe may have made a difference, who knows.

On another note to maybe clarify what i wrote, i never said to not do the megasaurus, I said it could have been done in the rain like the demo was. I am sure the ones that wanted to see it would have stayed. I know the track is trying to do family entertainment in addition to the racing. You said it, attendance is down, way down, however they need to take in to consideration that the die hard fans are only going to keep coming for so long and then say it is no longer worth it. It seems as if that is already happening. I have been going to the races a long time. The gate price keeps getting higher and the show keeps getting smaller. (no heat races, except for legends, and lower car counts)

Who's there to see the megasaurus?

Kids.

Who's letting their kids sit in the rain to see a megasaurus?

This place is a collection of some of the most irrational selfish thinkers I've ever seen.

mbgolfer
08-15-2012, 01:02 PM

Ok, the restart. JMO, but it looked like Shawn spun the tires or was slow on the shift. They were both at the line in turn 4 at the same time. I think John got a great start. JMO

Ka$h25
08-15-2012, 10:01 PM
Obviously I'm biased towards Shawn and I'm glad the call was made in his favor. But frankly, I'd rather see a call be made there. It's almost like they decided to give a re-do because they couldn't choose a decision. If the 84 jumped, he should be in the rear. If the 66 brought out the caution, he should be in the rear. Do something.