08-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Monday, February 18
8am NASCAR Garage & Registration opens
9am Grandstand gates open
9 - 11am NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Practice
11:10am - 12pm NASCAR Whelen All-American Series final Practice
12:10 - 1:30pm NASCAR K&N Pro Series Practice
1:40 - 3pm NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Practice
4pm NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Qualifying Race #1 (25 Laps/Minutes)
4:30pm NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Qualifying Race #2 (25 Laps/Minutes)
5pm NASCAR K&N Pro Series & Whelen Modified Tour Garage Close
5pm NASCAR Membership & Registration Closes
5pm NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Qualifying Race #3 (25 Laps/Minutes)
5:30pm NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Qualifying Race #4 (25 Laps/Minutes)
6:15pm NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Last Chance Race (25 Laps/Minutes)
6:50pm NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Driver Introductions
7:15pm NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Race (150 Laps)

Tuesday, February 19
9:30am NASCAR Garage & Registration opens
11am Grandstand gates open
11am - 12pm NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Final Practice
12:10 - 1:10pm NASCAR K&N Pro Sries Final Practice
3pm NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Qualifying Race #1 (25 Laps/Minutes)
3:35pm NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Qualifying Race #2 (25 Laps/Minutes)
4pm NASCAR K&N Pro Series Qualifying Series Race #1 (25 Laps/Minutes)
4:35pm NASCAR K&N Pro Series Qualifying Race #2 (25 Laps/Minutes)
4:50pm NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Last Chance Race (25 Laps/Minutes)
5pm NASCAR Membership and Registration closes
5:15pm NASCAR K&N Pro Series Last Chance Race (25 Laps/Minutes)
6:35pm NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour & NASCAR K&N Pro Series Driver Introductions
7:15pm NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Race (150 Laps)
8:30pm NASCAR K&N Pro Series Race (150 Laps)

scott
08-15-2012, 08:35 PM
Just wondering if this will help or hurt New Smyrna's world series?

DaFingz
08-16-2012, 08:47 AM
Judging by the dwindling car counts there over the last few years I think it could only help.

wrench1
08-16-2012, 01:03 PM
Judging by the dwindling car counts there over the last few years I think it could only help.

just curious what the payout will be for the daytona race,probably a flash race for 2500 bucks.travel 2000,all the other expenses.sounds like a great financial gain.hope its big bucks,or the field will be small.

MJProcko
08-16-2012, 02:54 PM
just curious what the payout will be for the daytona race,probably a flash race for 2500 bucks.travel 2000,all the other expenses.sounds like a great financial gain.hope its big bucks,or the field will be small.

I believe I read it will pay 15k to win. It is a good opportunity for NSS as they are changing the speedweeks schedule to take advantage of the event. Now it's up the to do the leg work to get them there.

Axel
08-16-2012, 04:36 PM
if there's a big payout, that would hopefully attract a lot of teams. While not crazy about the trasck layout, this could be a great opportunity. There is only way to go: forward.

uticamike
08-16-2012, 09:01 PM
The pit pass prices are reasonable enough but what are the licencing requirements?

DaFingz
08-17-2012, 09:09 AM
I would love to see a non NASCAR tour mod team that is down there for New Smyrna make the Daytona race and win the cash.

Axel
08-17-2012, 10:08 AM
is it good or bad that this is a non-points race? Does it matter? If it were points race, would this attract tmore teams? Or would they be pissed that that were being forced to come to Florida if they had any chance to be in the championship hunt.

Hard to make everyone happy of course, but just trying to see what would be best.

worm
08-17-2012, 11:33 AM
first race for sfi seat cost 2500-4000 per seat

MJProcko
08-17-2012, 12:38 PM
first race for sfi seat cost 2500-4000 per seat

Thus eliminating more cars from competeing on the WMT.

Between all the various touring and weekly modifieds would it be generous to say there are about 300 of them out there?
Of those 300, about 75 of them will compete in a WMT or WSMT race.
So I ask you, if you own a business which is a better model....

One where you eliminate 2/3 of you market right off the bat and gouge the remaining 1/3 of your loyal customers until they eventually leave.

or

One where you try to include a majority of your market thus keeping their costs down and increasing your market share.

Are these seats going to be required in all NAAWS divisions from sk's to street stocks?
I do not recall a major injury caused by the presently approved seats. If they are unsafe then shame on anyone allowing anyone to take a green flag this weekend without a new SFI seat. I'm sure they are just fine.

JWfor8x
08-18-2012, 11:52 AM
is it good or bad that this is a non-points race? Does it matter? If it were points race, would this attract tmore teams? Or would they be pissed that that were being forced to come to Florida if they had any chance to be in the championship hunt.

Hard to make everyone happy of course, but just trying to see what would be best.

Are they going to make it even possible for teams that don't compete in either the WMT or WSMT to compete financially? I don't know, but it's a big reason that most local mod teams don't compete at Riverhead or Modnanack when the WMT goes there. I can see that as being a good reason why it is not a points paying race. I can also understand why a low buck team that does support one of the tours would not want to run that race but would have to if it was a points race. All in all, I think non points is the right way to go. I also think that it is a terrific event as it will bring the modifieds to an entirely new audience and that has to be a good thing.

MJProcko
08-20-2012, 09:37 AM
Read on FB today that Tony Hirschman and the 48 team will be there. Now there is some good news.

NWMT PR
08-28-2012, 01:13 PM
Read on FB today that Tony Hirschman and the 48 team will be there. Now there is some good news.

That is some good news. I hope the event draws a number of interesting entries. Let's just go ahead an put this out there right now though ... the event will not have any provisionals ... nothing for past champs, 2012 points, etc. Every driver other than 2012 race winners and champs will have to race their way into the feature from the heats.

uticamike
08-29-2012, 08:15 PM
Without any drama or BS i asked what are the license requirements for this race. I know NASCAR PR Jason has read this thread but hasn't responded.

So I ask again.

wrench1
08-30-2012, 08:37 AM
Without any drama or BS i asked what are the license requirements for this race. I know NASCAR PR Jason has read this thread but hasn't responded.

So I ask again.

how about if nascar pays for northern teams fuel cost to get to daytona.

NWMT PR
08-30-2012, 10:27 AM
wrench1 ... The K&N Pro Series and Whelen Modified races pay 20K to win, the NWAAS Late Model pays 15K.

uticamike ... Are you going to be buying a license? The licensing and entry requirements for this race will be the same as any other.

wrench1 ... Paying for fuel - what about the West teams coming from California and Arizona, the NWAAS teams from the Cali, Texas, Minnesota, etc?

Nobody on here says anything about the northern Mod teams that haul to New Smyrna every year and spend 5-7 days down there. In fact, they are celebrated, and that's great. NASCAR schedules the highest-paying races of the year, an optional non-points two-day show, and then we start nitpicking? Also remember, the track negotiated reduced hotel rates and set affordable admission prices.

wrench1
08-30-2012, 10:45 AM
wrench1 ... The K&N Pro Series and Whelen Modified races pay 20K to win, the NWAAS Late Model pays 15K.

uticamike ... Are you going to be buying a license? The licensing and entry requirements for this race will be the same as any other.

wrench1 ... Paying for fuel - what about the West teams coming from California and Arizona, the NWAAS teams from the Cali, Texas, Minnesota, etc?

Nobody on here says anything about the northern Mod teams that haul to New Smyrna every year and spend 5-7 days down there. In fact, they are celebrated, and that's great. NASCAR schedules the highest-paying races of the year, an optional non-points two-day show, and then we start nitpicking? Also remember, the track negotiated reduced hotel rates and set affordable admission prices.

dont try to divert the quote to another series,i am talking about modifeds,and how they are unfairly treated.you totally went off subject to another series,

Groundpounder
08-30-2012, 11:58 AM

So is this a tour race or not? If it's not, but you still require everyone (drivers and crew) to buy NWMT licenses, you are limiting the field to a percentage of teams already planning on running the tour in '13 that are willing to spend that kind of time and money for a non-points race. The exorbitant license fees nascar charges will keep most everyone else from participating.

FWIW, I agree with your reply to wrench1 re.: "Paying for fuel".

uticamike
08-30-2012, 08:49 PM
( let me try this another way) I'm standing outside of the pits at Stafford for a NASCAR WMT race and i want to gain entry to the pits to crew on a car. Outside of a pit pass

what other license and/or credential will I need to purchase and how much in US funds will it be? ( see if that gets me an answer)

NWMT PR
08-31-2012, 04:15 PM
dont try to divert the quote to another series,i am talking about modifeds,and how they are unfairly treated.you totally went off subject to another series,

Do you mean the reference to the K&N West and NWAAS? I obviously brought those up to point out that if you're suggesting the NWMT teams get gas money, then don't the West and NWAAS teams also need gas money? And where is the cutoff? If you're hauling from North Carolina or closer then you pay for your own gas, but if you're towing from New Jersey or further north you get money? What about the teams from the other three quarters of the country? That was my point.

NWMT PR
08-31-2012, 04:21 PM
So is this a tour race or not? If it's not, but you still require everyone (drivers and crew) to buy NWMT licenses, you are limiting the field to a percentage of teams already planning on running the tour in '13 that are willing to spend that kind of time and money for a non-points race. The exorbitant license fees nascar charges will keep most everyone else from participating.

FWIW, I agree with your reply to wrench1 re.: "Paying for fuel".

It is a NASCAR-sanctioned race. Competitors that intend to participate in a NASCAR-sanctioned event will be required to buy licenses, whether it is a points race or not. For the former Toyota All-Star Showdowns, the teams were required to buy licenses, but they were good for the entire regular season that followed.

Can anyone name an touring modified open show out there that you just show up and run for free?

NWMT PR
08-31-2012, 04:25 PM
( let me try this another way) I'm standing outside of the pits at Stafford for a NASCAR WMT race and i want to gain entry to the pits to crew on a car. Outside of a pit pass

what other license and/or credential will I need to purchase and how much in US funds will it be? ( see if that gets me an answer)

The 2013 license fees are not yet established, and they probably won't be until at least December, so it is impossible for me to give you a direct answer at this time.

You didn't answer my question either. Are you planning to buy a license for this event?

Groundpounder
08-31-2012, 06:12 PM
It is a NASCAR-sanctioned race. Competitors that intend to participate in a NASCAR-sanctioned event will be required to buy licenses, whether it is a points race or not. For the former Toyota All-Star Showdowns, the teams were required to buy licenses, but they were good for the entire regular season that followed.

Can anyone name an touring modified open show out there that you just show up and run for free?

Could you be a little more specific? There are many levels of Nascar licenses. It would be a lot more reasonable if someone that isn't running the tour, say a Riverhead regular, could run this event with just a weekly series license rather than having to buy one for the WMT. Does the same go for all crew members?

As far as most "open shows" go, there are entry fees, but no license requirements. And the entry fee is typically a whole lot less than a WMT license.

uticamike
09-01-2012, 06:10 AM
Depending on the cost I may or may not buy a license. That is why I was asking the question. Jason. did you ever sell cars?

worm
09-01-2012, 07:47 AM
wsmt tour license fa crew member in 2012 was 120.00