PDA

View Full Version : bristol racw

worm
08-17-2012, 12:54 PM
42 cars on entry list

fastbackss
08-17-2012, 01:39 PM
42 cars on entry list

This is interesting - I will be curious to see how this shakes out leading up to the race. Per my post in the other thread, the NWMT has averaged 28 and NSWMT 23 - so we are a few short of that.

Also interesting - this tidbit from Jayski:
UNOH extends sponsorship to include Bristol truck race: The University of Northwestern Ohio, like many drivers during a NASCAR race weekend, will be doing double duty at Bristol Motor Speedway in August, sponsoring two events. The sponsor of the UNOH Perfect Storm 150 Whelen Modified event at BMS since 2009, the college also will sponsor the UNOH 200 Camping World Truck Series event Aug. 22, the second half of the Wednesday night doubleheader. Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis, the president of the University of Northwestern Ohio, says the partnership with BMS continues to be extremely beneficial for the university. "Everyone at the University of Northwestern Ohio is very excited about extending our partnership with Bristol Motor Speedway to the Camping World Truck Series," he said "We've been sponsoring the Modified event since 2009 and the opportunities it has given our students, staff and facility since we started have been immeasurable. Steve Farmer, Vice President of Business Development at UNOH, feels moving to the Camping World Truck Series made perfect sense. "With the success we've had sponsoring the Modified race, it just makes more sense for us to be associated with the Truck Series because it is a higher profile event," he said. "It'll be more exposure for the University of Northwestern Ohio and our students and our programs." UNOH is on board as sponsor of the Truck Series race through 2016. This will be the final year of its sponsorship of the Modified event."

Let's hope that the boys/girls put on a good show and cause them to reconsider or encourages a new sponsor to jump on board for next year.

limodmaniac
08-17-2012, 03:33 PM
Not telling them how to spend their sponsor money, but I'm leaving after the modifieds.

Wonder how much more money it costs to sponsor the truck race vs the sponsorship of the modified race.

worm
08-17-2012, 04:38 PM
ryan blaney driving the 98 troyer entry

JEFF
08-17-2012, 07:21 PM
where is the entry list ?

worm
08-19-2012, 02:13 PM
good question ,only 3 days till race. maybe the pr guy got fired !

JED
08-19-2012, 02:57 PM
I've heard it will be out tomorrow. Usually is out the Monday before the race.

RGeeProductions
08-19-2012, 04:51 PM
good question ,only 3 days till race. maybe the pr guy got fired !

But your post starting this thread said there were 42?
Where is that from if there is no list?

worm
08-19-2012, 05:27 PM
chad little e mail teams about bristol,and said there were 42 cars entry list ,but thats all,and speed 51 had story on blaney. thats the story !

ben's club
08-19-2012, 08:44 PM
If you’re coming to Bristol and you need help with your scanner or some
Frequency’s. I'll be glad to help you. I'll be sitting at the start finish line.
You can call me at 33-239-4338 If you need any help before then you can
contact me at bensfrequencyclub@yahoo.com
I spoke with the South Tour PR guy last night. The list will be on posted tomarrow.
I was also told that LW miller has withdrawn.

Howie
08-20-2012, 11:48 AM
Here is the entry list http://hometracks.nascar.com/node/8207

MJProcko
08-21-2012, 05:53 PM
Sitting here at the airport looking at a monsoon out there - Best clear up before my flight - the good Lord can't allow me to miss the biggest modified race left and allow me to cross a Bristol Modified race off my bucket list. Especially since sadly I fear this will be the last one.

SUfan
08-21-2012, 11:16 PM
There are 40 cars at Bristol and Ryan Blaney is not one of those listed. He is in a truck numbered 98. Johnny Bush is not there. I have just posted numerous stories from Tuesday at Bristol. You can find them at: www.lowellsun.com/motorsports. Then click on the link to the blog posts. I will post the early part of the qualifying order, which is all that really matters, on the WMT facebook page if it will let me.